McCall

Garscube Road End

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Not really was a genuine question. Your kind of hard to keep up with as one minute your leaving never to return the next your wanting a new manager 

As I said. Debate has moved on with Thistle accepting their fate. I have previously said that after being happy with getting McCall, he gas proved a disaster. Any manager worth his salt should have had us off the bottom.  Obviously we got it wrong with McCall. 

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End said:

As I said. Debate has moved on with Thistle accepting their fate. I have previously said that after being happy with getting McCall, he gas proved a disaster. Any manager worth his salt should have had us off the bottom.  Obviously we got it wrong with McCall. 

Not disagreeing that so far he has been very disappointing and I’m therefore hoping next season he does for us what he did at Ayr and builds a very good squad that achieves promotion and then goes onto challenge at top of championship.

no promotion next season and he will have to go

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Not disagreeing that so far he has been very disappointing and I’m therefore hoping next season he does for us what he did at Ayr and builds a very good squad that achieves promotion and then goes onto challenge at top of championship.

no promotion next season and he will have to go

We could well be in a place where because we are in League 1 that the squad will be cut to the bone. If so, I would bet that we wouldn't be challenging not with Falkirk and Cove in it.  Better to get a manager that can work with a meagre squad with fresh ideas and knows League 1.

Just now, Garscube Road End said:

We could well be in a place where because we are in League 1 that the squad will be cut to the bone. If so, I would bet that we wouldn't be challenging not with Falkirk and Cove in it.  Better to get a manager that can work with a meagre squad with fresh ideas and knows League 1.

McCall won promotion from League 1 twice in recent years (both with Ayr), so he would appear to be your man

• Like 1

Just now, Garscube Road End said:

I genuinely don't agree with this, based on the mitigating factors of inheriting a truly terrible squad- easily the worst I can remember, having to perform an emergency rebuild, having to bed in a new team and then having the season suddenly curtailed just as the team looked like they were improving. I think this is grossly unfair to make a such a certain judgement based on that.

11 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

It’s not relegation it’s expulsion- need 36 games for it to be relegation 

You can call it what you like, but it was him that put us in the position. 

And look at his record -

Airdieonians .... dead.

Dundee Utd .... sacked before relegation.

QotS ....nearly relegated twice then cost the club a significant fine

Thistle (1st time) .... left under circumstances that have never been explained

Ayr .... Promotion, relegation, title

Thistle (2nd time) .... Bottom of the league with abysmal home form and not 1 clean sheet in the league.

So, in 23 years of management, He has 1 league title. Put into context, Dick Campbell has 3 and how many would welcome him back ?

2 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

I genuinely don't agree with this, based on the mitigating factors of inheriting a truly terrible squad- easily the worst I can remember, having to perform an emergency rebuild, having to bed in a new team and then having the season suddenly curtailed just as the team looked like they were improving. I think this is grossly unfair to make a such a certain judgement based on that.

"looked like they were improving" ..... 2 words ..... Raith Rovers

6 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

Hiya Gary

**** OFF. Caldwell was a disaster who had to go.

McCall has been worse and I don't understand how anyone can defend his record. 

Just for the record, over 2 spells as manager, he has had 206 games in charge and won just 79. That is a 38.4% win rate

Edited by McCall Out
Additional info

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

IMC inherited a mess and a team/club in decline for 2 years before his arrival. Given the leeway shown to Archie and Caldwell it would be harsh in the extreme to bag him now. Why should he fall on his sword? He's had one transfer window and virtually no time to work with those new players due to covid. He has proved himself at various clubs most recently Ayr - and they are in a position to vote yes thanks in a large part to IMC!

IMO it would be madness to terminate him. It's not going to happen anyway. Give the guy a feckin' break and TIME to do his job!

Agree entirely. Chopping and changing managers is knee jerk, costs the club money and does not work.

Agree 2 assistants is overkill though , particularly at League 1 level.

Back the manager and get behind the team 

6 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

If anyone is getting his knickers in a twist, it is you. He gave a pile of facts about his managerial record. Do you not believe it?

And here is another shocking stat

Gary Caldwell - 42 games, 16 wins ..... 38.1% win rate. 

Ian McCall (2nd term) - 27 games, 9 wins ..... 33.3% win rate

Evidence that we have got worse.

5 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Agree entirely. Chopping and changing managers is knee jerk, costs the club money and does not work.

Agree 2 assistants is overkill though , particularly at League 1 level.

Back the manager and get behind the team 

How about this as a plan. Get rid of McCall and Archibald and give the job to Scally. I think that he has talked sense whenever I've heard him

Just now, McCall Out said:

And here is another shocking stat

Gary Caldwell - 42 games, 16 wins ..... 38.1% win rate. 

Ian McCall (2nd term) - 27 games, 9 wins ..... 33.3% win rate

Evidence that we have got worse.

Context is key though- Caldwell inherited a better squad than McCall. Caldwell's win record with the squad McCall inherited (i.e., his record this season) was 0%

42 minutes ago, McCall Out said:

You can call it what you like, but it was him that put us in the position. 

And look at his record -

Airdieonians .... dead.

Dundee Utd .... sacked before relegation.

QotS ....nearly relegated twice then cost the club a significant fine

Thistle (1st time) .... left under circumstances that have never been explained

Ayr .... Promotion, relegation, title

Thistle (2nd time) .... Bottom of the league with abysmal home form and not 1 clean sheet in the league.

So, in 23 years of management, He has 1 league title. Put into context, Dick Campbell has 3 and how many would welcome him back ?

Airdrie, took a team in massive financial problems to challenging with us till last kick of the season to win the league

Clydebank won promotion with a club in massive financial problems

Falklirk basically won them the league before jumping ship to DUFC as Falkirk were not going to be allowed promotion due to their stadium

Ayr won the league, had them challenging in the next league 

DUFC had then top 6 before the budget was drastically cut to stave of administration

Time to wind it in you've posted the exact same on FB Gary

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McCall Out said:

This

Since he has come back, McCall has been awful. Caldwell my have been crap, but he did manage to avoid relegation and managed to raise the game when it mattered most. This relegation is 100% his fault. Those who blame the board may be right that they could have played the cards better, but just remember who dealt them the hand to play.

Time for him to go and social distancing is just one of the reasons I won't be there to wave bye bye

Wow... we avoided relegation on the last day of the season! If covid had occurred at almost anytime during Caldwell's tenure at Firhill then we would have been relegated since we spent most of the time in 10th position! And Caldwell had a lot more time than IMC, including two transfer windows when signed almost two dozen players before he was shown the door.

45 minutes ago, McCall Out said:

**** OFF. Caldwell was a disaster who had to go.

McCall has been worse and I don't understand how anyone can defend his record. 

Just for the record, over 2 spells as manager, he has had 206 games in charge and won just 79. That is a 38.4% win rate

GRE perhaps?

1 hour ago, McCall Out said:

This

Since he has come back, McCall has been awful. Caldwell my have been crap, but he did manage to avoid relegation and managed to raise the game when it mattered most. This relegation is 100% his fault. Those who blame the board may be right that they could have played the cards better, but just remember who dealt them the hand to play.

Time for him to go and social distancing is just one of the reasons I won't be there to wave bye bye

How can it be 100 per cent his fault when the season has been halted with 24 points to play with. Or are you blaming McCall for the virus. Was he in Wuhan looking at players? If he was I agree it's all his fault.

32 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

If anyone is getting his knickers in a twist, it is you. He gave a pile of facts about his managerial record. Do you not believe it?

I'm perfectly calm. It takes real effort to be as astoundingly negative as you.

I'm not really of the mind to argue the minutiae of managerial records with someone who calls themselves "McCall Out" with something like five posts to their name, or yourself, who has never been happy with anything related to Partick Thistle and exists under a permanent black cloud of misery, almost as if they enjoy it.

Edited by West of Scotland

Just now, West of Scotland said:

I'm perfectly calm. It takes real effort to be as astoundingly negative as you.

I'm not really of the mind to argue the minutiae of managerial records with someone who calls themself "McCall Out" with something like five posts to their name, or yourself, who has never been happy with anything related to Partick Thistle and exists under a permanent black cloud of misery, almost as if they enjoy it.

So. You dont actually have an answer? OK.