Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Garscube Road End

McCall

Recommended Posts

On 2/22/2020 at 9:17 AM, jlsarmy said:

I’m glad he got all his money back .

When he invested he wasn't expecting to get a Penny Back - so No idea why your so obsessed with the fact the guys who put in there HARD EARNED CASH - into the Club got an unexpected  pay back - bearing in mind over for some of them a 15 year Period they didnt earn a Single Penny 

Question how many of the Current Board have put in one Single Penny into the Club ? 

How Many had never seen the Inside of Firhill as a Paying Fan before they were appointed to the Board ?   

Im also Glad they got there Money Back and every Fan should be grateful to these Guys for stepping up when the Club Needed them 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

When he invested he wasn't expecting to get a Penny Back - so No idea why your so obsessed with the fact the guys who put in there HARD EARNED CASH - into the Club got an unexpected  pay back - bearing in mind over for some of them a 15 year Period they didnt earn a Single Penny 

Question how many of the Current Board have put in one Single Penny into the Club ? 

How Many had never seen the Inside of Firhill as a Paying Fan before they were appointed to the Board ?   

Im also Glad they got there Money Back and every Fan should be grateful to these Guys for stepping up when the Club Needed them 

 

If memory serves me right board members also used to pay £10k a year to the club to be on the board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Question how many of the Current Board have put in one Single Penny into the Club ? 

Given that some of them are life-long fans, I'd imagine they've spent quite a few bob on Thistle over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

If memory serves me right board members also used to pay £10k a year to the club to be on the board

This is Correct - It was a Directors Fee - which was on top of any Cash that had been put in

- plus Directors were expected to take Tables at any Functions Regards Fund Raising at the Club Plus Hospitality  

Also use Business Contacts to Take Tables Also 

The End of Season Ball used to raise Circa £80K Clear Profit - all via Business Contacts 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dark Passenger said:

Given that some of them are life-long fans, I'd imagine they've spent quite a few bob on Thistle over the years.

"Some of Them" -  being the operative Words 

However Im genuinely struggling why there is a constant Anti Former Director Gripe about them getting the Money they put in back 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jordanhill Jag said:

"Some of Them" -  being the operative Words 

It's more than none, which is what you appeared to be suggesting. 

In fact, it's three out of five. And Charan Gill's a former shirt sponsor via Ashoka.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

It's more than none, which is what you appeared to be suggesting. 

In fact, it's three out of five. And Charan Gill's a former shirt sponsor via Ashoka.

Whilst I accept that as Fans everyone contributes - however its hardly comparable to the levels that the Former Directors  who in some Quarters have been slated -especially David Beattie - without these guys putting in hard earned cash -  the Club would have struggled to stay afloat 

- as for Charan Gill -  as the Askokas were very much a West End Brand - he  saw a benefit to Sponsoring Thistle to raise Brand Awareness -  it was a simple Commercial Decision  - No different to Textyle World etc 

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 5:59 PM, Norgethistle said:

Having no debt does not make a company solid or stable.

If (I still live in hope) we go down, our revenue drops dramatically even if our fanbase stays level.

Admission price is lower

League money is lower

Sponsorship is lower

Traveling supports are lower

 

We still need to fund Firhill, a full-time team, a full office, a youth academy, a women’s team. One or more of them will take a significant hit.

Falkirk have managed to stay full time by utilizing the ground 7 days a week and axing the academy.

Raith due to their chairman funding it.

Us?  Our Stadium is used once a fortnight, we have no rich chairman, and we have an academy we need to start paying for next year.

We spent significantly in January which I’d imagine would have eaten in to our cash reserves as I don’t see where any other funding could come from. 

We will only remain solid and stable if we can generate more than we can spend and with another relegation looming that looks tricky

 

got to get shot of this first if that’s the case 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

When he invested he wasn't expecting to get a Penny Back - so No idea why your so obsessed with the fact the guys who put in there HARD EARNED CASH - into the Club got an unexpected  pay back - bearing in mind over for some of them a 15 year Period they didnt earn a Single Penny 

Question how many of the Current Board have put in one Single Penny into the Club ? 

How Many had never seen the Inside of Firhill as a Paying Fan before they were appointed to the Board ?   

Im also Glad they got there Money Back and every Fan should be grateful to these Guys for stepping up when the Club Needed them 

 

Not sure how you know that unless you were inside his head when he invested ......David Beattie was quite prepared to sell the club to that buffoon Conway irrespective of whether it was in the best interest of the club or not but it was in his personal financial interest. He then just let’s say ‘found himself ‘ in the fortunate position of having an auction for his shares and maximized his return. As he said he’s smiling all the way to the beach.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobbyhouston said:

 

got to get shot of this first if that’s the case 

Woman’s football is becoming increasingly popular, I’m glad the Jags have a team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

When he invested he wasn't expecting to get a Penny Back - so No idea why your so obsessed with the fact the guys who put in there HARD EARNED CASH - into the Club got an unexpected  pay back - bearing in mind over for some of them a 15 year Period they didnt earn a Single Penny 

Question how many of the Current Board have put in one Single Penny into the Club ? 

How Many had never seen the Inside of Firhill as a Paying Fan before they were appointed to the Board ?   

Im also Glad they got there Money Back and every Fan should be grateful to these Guys for stepping up when the Club Needed them 

 

JJ , you’re an absolute man of many contradictions, I’m sure Paul Conway who you were championing at one point was a massive Partick Thistle fan .

We were in need of David Beattie’s, Ian Dodd’s etc Investment at the time , but it’s totally disengenious to think they didn’t believe there wouldn’t be a return at some point , hence the planning applications which didn’t come to fruition .

I’m sure David Beattie did due diligence before  the takeover was completed and was quite happy with the business plan presented .

We can only hope that was for the right reasons as you kept on about rather than a payday that took a bit longer than expected.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know the ins and outs of Director finances, but I did observe that when Beattie was Chairman the Board managed to stabilise finances behind the scenes.

Surely if he & other Directors managed to do that, they should be acknowledged rather than criticised for realising their investment.

Edited by sandy
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sandy said:

I don’t know the ins and outs of Director finances, but I did observe that when Beattie was Chairman the Board managed to stabilise finances behind the scenes.

Surely if he & other Directors managed to do that, they should be acknowledged rather than criticised for realising their investment.

I’m not criticising, I personally think David Beattie did a good job , but the facts are David Beattie, Ian Dodd etc are business people, they don’t just give away their money without thinking that at some point they’ll get a return .

JJ’s first post alluded to Beattie etc not expecting to get any of their investment back , that is patently not true .

As it turns out they’ve been handsomely rewarded for their investment.

 

Edited by jlsarmy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sandy said:

I don’t know the ins and outs of Director finances, but I did observe that when Beattie was Chairman the Board managed to stabilise finances behind the scenes.

Surely if he & other Directors managed to do that, they should be acknowledged rather than criticised for realising their investment.

+1.

We'll see how well the present set of 'buffoons' do. At present they seem  to be taking the club in exactly the same direction that Barnsley are going.

'The proof of the pudding ...'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I’m not criticising, I personally think David Beattie did a good job , but the facts are David Beattie, Ian Dodd etc are business people, they don’t just give away their money without thinking that at some point they’ll get a return .

JJ’s first post alluded to Beattie etc not expecting to get any of their investment back , that is patently not true .

As it turns out they’ve been handsomely rewarded for their investment.

 

Maybe @jlsarmy. I just think that Beattie & Co were prepared to support the Club at a time when there were few other income streams.

It wasn’t a quick return on their investment.

I had hoped that the return of former board members plus a new manager (McCall) would give  us hope. The move to a transitional Board seems to have unsettled everything IMO.

Sadly we now look like relegation candidates; it will take the Jags back to the third tier where they were when I first started supporting them c1999. 

But as a Club, we deserve better. One day we will rise again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bobbyhouston said:

 

got to get shot of this first if that’s the case 

more likely to get shot of the weans or the first team than the womens team the way things are going at firhill just now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My understanding is that the Women's Team is funded completely separately from the first team hence why they have their own shirt sponsor, season tickets and player sponsorship. What interests me is that they have all their pre/post match interviews and highlights on a youtube platform which is what I would like to see happen for the first team next season with Jagzone purely for audio commentary at a reduced price.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sandy said:

Woman’s football is becoming increasingly popular, I’m glad the Jags have a team.

 

25 minutes ago, Bobbyhouston said:

Why ?

I'm going to take a wild stab at this and say, because women's football is becoming increasingly popular.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2020 at 7:51 AM, allyo said:

I wonder if an infinite number of monkeys could be successful as Thistle manager

If you set an infinite number of monkeys to work on an infinite number of typewriters they’d eventually type ‘hey hey we’re the monkey’s’

Edited by madcapmilkdrinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

I’m not criticising, I personally think David Beattie did a good job , but the facts are David Beattie, Ian Dodd etc are business people, they don’t just give away their money without thinking that at some point they’ll get a return .

JJ’s first post alluded to Beattie etc not expecting to get any of their investment back , that is patently not true .

As it turns out they’ve been handsomely rewarded for their investment.

 

Nobody puts money into Scottish football expecting a return.  "Handsomely rewarded" is used with no proof.  Money that could have been used on other ventures, time invested taking them away from professional and personal commitments and stress involved in running the club with criticism and abuse from fans.  It's a thankless task for past and present directors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Nobody puts money into Scottish football expecting a return.  "Handsomely rewarded" is used with no proof.  Money that could have been used on other ventures, time invested taking them away from professional and personal commitments and stress involved in running the club with criticism and abuse from fans.  It's a thankless task for past and present directors.

Agreed. Although PropCo is an entirely different kettle of fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×