McCall

Garscube Road End

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

Ok....can you me some examples of what you mean as I genuinely don’t know what boardroom politics you are referring and how has that affected us winning football matches ?

I think starting from the time Beattie stepped down, the 6-9 months of the Consortium, Beatties coup, TFE and now the interim board. 
If there is no focus in the boardroom, there is a possibility that focus is diminished on the park as well.

7 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

I think starting from the time Beattie stepped down, the 6-9 months of the Consortium, Beatties coup, TFE and now the interim board. 
If there is no focus in the boardroom, there is a possibility that focus is diminished on the park as well.

Just because there are boardroom changes is not in itself evidence of a lack of focus ....3 managers and countless players are the issue 

7 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Organisations that do well are ones which have very clear aims, everyone in the organisation knows their role and how it fits in with achieving those aims and there is usually a clearly defined structure. I am not sure we have had all of this in recent seasons.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Organisations that do well are ones which have very clear aims, everyone in the organisation knows their role and how it fits in with achieving those aims and there is usually a clearly defined structure. I am not sure we have had all of this in recent seasons.

I think your spot on here.

1 minute ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Spoke to an ex-coach and manager of Miller just last week. Miller wasn't "let go." Miller wanted out, and had serious misgivings about the way the club was being run on and off the pitch. 

I’d heard he wanted out and had already lined up his coaching job in Oz. The misgivings I hadn’t heard

11 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Actually that isnt necessarily true .....management is full of sweeping generalizations like this ....lots of shambolic organizations do well and lots of well organized one have problems ....look at sports direct 

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

Can you give specific examples to support this claim .....8 new players in January not enough ?

You keep asking for specific examples, but we are giving our opinion on what is going wrong. It is very simplistic to say success or failure is down to one issue. 8 new players isn’t in itself evidence of focus by the board. If there is evidence that they questioned McCall on the reasons for picking those players, that would help. Do you have that evidence ? 

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Actually that isnt necessarily true .....management is full of sweeping generalizations like this ....lots of shambolic organizations do well and lots of well organized one have problems ....look at sports direct 

What you have said here just sounds nonsensical.

If you have a chaotic boardroom / business place you will only produce more chaos. To my mind we have probably been a badly run company since the top 6 place in the Premier League, and probably before. It may be there has been layers and layers of wallpaper covering the cracks in the PTFC organisation?

Genuine concern, if we go down to league 1, that slide into crowds of 300 / 400 may be enough to ruin the club completely. Worrying times

33 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

This is what I was trying to get across.

1 minute ago, Lenziejag said:

You keep asking for specific examples, but we are giving our opinion on what is going wrong. It is very simplistic to say success or failure is down to one issue. 8 new players isn’t in itself evidence of focus by the board. If there is evidence that they questioned McCall on the reasons for picking those players, that would help. Do you have that evidence ? 

You’ve got to break the signings down Cole , Barjonas, O’Connor, Mayo are all loan signings and I don’t believe would cost a lot

The contract signings, Zak Rudden on a 2 year deal who is a work in progress and hasn’t played a lot of first team football, Blair Lyons on a 2 year deal and loaned back to Montrose , Brian Graham on a 2 year deal and finally Darian McKinnon on a 6 month contract and whose best days are behind him.

If people think that we had a good transfer window they’ve been seriously misguided, IMO only one player out of these transfers is going to make a difference in a relegation dog fight and that’s Brian Graham.

Not sure where MCCalls masterplan  came from 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Ok let’s agree no one knows  what the problem is and we are all just speculating 

49 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Spoke to an ex-coach and manager of Miller just last week. Miller wasn't "let go." Miller wanted out, and had serious misgivings about the way the club was being run on and off the pitch. 

Thanks for that didn’t know

24 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

You’ve got to break the signings down Cole , Barjonas, O’Connor, Mayo are all loan signings and I don’t believe would cost a lot

The contract signings, Zak Rudden on a 2 year deal who is a work in progress and hasn’t played a lot of first team football, Blair Lyons on a 2 year deal and loaned back to Montrose , Brian Graham on a 2 year deal and finally Darian McKinnon on a 6 month contract and whose best days are behind him.

If people think that we had a good transfer window they’ve been seriously misguided, IMO only one player out of these transfers is going to make a difference in a relegation dog fight and that’s Brian Graham.

Not sure where MCCalls masterplan  came from 

I’ve no idea if the loan players cost much or not and you admitted you don’t know either .....but that’s not the point it’s whether they are any good 

5 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I’ve no idea if the loan players cost much or not and you admitted you don’t know either .....but that’s not the point it’s whether they are any good 

How would Ian McCall know if the loan players are any good if they’re just making their way in the game and have not played any first team football,my point was nothing to do with finances more to do with the thought process on how he thought these loan players are going to make a difference in a relegation battle when they are still learning the game .