Saturday 29/02 ?

CCjag

All irrelevant as Jaggy pointed out!

With both teams out of the Cup, and neither of the Gruesome Twosome playing Glasgow that day,  surely we could bring forward our fixture against Queen of The South scheduled for Tuesday 03 March?

A Saturday afternoon fixture should suit everyone better!

Edited by CCjag

51 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

If we were to beat Raith we'll also have to rearrange the Morton fixture. 

I don't think fixtures rescheduled for midweek will help our staying up cause. Probably a hindrance. 

Although the cancellation of the game v ICT does mean, we will be more rested than QOS for the 6 pointer v them on the Tuesday night, so its a bit of swings and roundabouts. And helter skelters.

6 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

If we were to beat Raith we'll also have to rearrange the Morton fixture. 

I don't think fixtures rescheduled for midweek will help our staying up cause. Probably a hindrance. 

Normally I would agree a 100%. I did have a vague idea that more games, any games, might give  the 'new' elements of the team more 'real' playing time together.

But ...from being undecided about that, I'm now not so sure ...

21 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

whenever I see "6 pointer" I think "defeat."

Why? We're in a relegation battle with three teams immediately above us, Alloa, QOS and Morton. These are the 6 pointer matches. Last time we played Queens, we won. Last time at Alloa, we drew. Last time against Morton, we won. All away from home. We play these teams at Firhill in March, great chance to move up the league.

We should perhaps be thinking what effect the persistent negativity, regardless of the evidence, might have on everyone connected with the club.

1 hour ago, Sivad said:

Why? We're in a relegation battle with three teams immediately above us, Alloa, QOS and Morton. These are the 6 pointer matches. Last time we played Queens, we won. Last time at Alloa, we drew. Last time against Morton, we won. All away from home. We play these teams at Firhill in March, great chance to move up the league.

We should perhaps be thinking what effect the persistent negativity, regardless of the evidence, might have on everyone connected with the club.

Good counter-post, Sivad, and you are of course right. I'll try to be more optimistic......

• 2 weeks later...