Letting rangers under 19s use firhill

Happyjag

I'm at work and a few work mates are watching the rangers youth UEFA cup game currently being played at firhill. I know this will bring in needed cash but it is making a real mess of our park, I can't see what recompense we get being worth our park being dug up due to the weather. Also it wasnt so long ago they were tearing up the seats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Firhill is our major asset, yet it is only  generating revenue for around 20 days per year (this is one of the biggest issues facing the football industry) any way to generate more revenue has to be explored by the club.

I accept that mate, but with the amount of rain over the last few days the pitch will/has dug up badly.  If the weather continues as predicted by the weekend it could be a real mess. 

I wonder how people would vote if given the option of a plastic pitch which would have an initial cost but then reduce costs as we could use it to train on, reserve games,etc or a grass pitch which suffers later in the season due to additional games played on it to generate income. We could have a grass pitch and only use it for our first team matches which would keep it in a much better condition but would need to find other ways to increase revenue.

Edited by Fawlty Towers

14 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I wonder how people would vote if given the option of a plastic pitch which would have an initial cost but then reduce costs as we could use it to train on, reserve games,etc or a grass pitch which suffers later in the season due to additional games played on it to generate income. We could have a grass pitch and only use it for our first team matches which would keep it in a much better condition but would need to find other ways to increase revenue.

I would reluctantly accept a plastic pitch for the revenue generating benefits, less chance of matches off for adverse weather etc

Might also give us a wee edge against visiting teams , we need all the help we can get at the moment!