Lyons & Niang

The Legend Blows

Let's assume we continue to be absolute dross for the remainder of the season, but somehow manage to scum a few points and secure 9th.

Will Lyons and Niang be available to play for Montrose in any potential playoff games?

Kick in the spuds for both them and Montrose if they can't play but worse for the players when they have to return to Thistle in May for another season in League 1.

I think they would better off getting loaned back to Montrose for season 20/21 to gain higher level experience in The Championship.

3 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I wouldn't think we would allow them to play in a game against us, if it came to that. On a more positive note Lyons scored again yesterday.

I would hope not, but I wouldn't put it past the powers that be at Firhill to have overlooked this little contractural gem.

53 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

That's presuming *we* get to the final. The format of the Championship play-off is different to the Premiership play-off. 

That's a really good point. I knew that really, but my mind (and I suspect other minds on the forum) keep lapsing back into thinking we would just have to beat one team over 2 legs (Raith, Falkirk, Airdrie, Montrose or East Fife) and forgetting that we have to do it twice. Likelihood 25% and that is leaving out factors like current form, momentum and spirit in the camp, which will likely be against us.

We've just got to scrap our way to 8th somehow.

• Like 1

Never very good at getting details right but I think the 2nd bottom cub in the Championship has only escaped relegation 3 times in the 14 seasons since the play offs came into being. So even tho' the 2nd bottom club starts out with a one in four chance of survival the historic odds are even worse.

I find it hard to believe that we of all teams are likely to buck the odds. There's a slim possibility, if we made the play offs, we'd be going in with a starting XI that's begun to gel and thus we've a bit of upward momentum about us. That tho' would be hope over realism.

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Never very good at getting details right but I think the 2nd bottom cub in the Championship has only escaped relegation 3 times in the 14 seasons since the play offs came into being. So even tho' the 2nd bottom club starts out with a one in four chance of survival the historic odds are even worse.

I find it hard to believe that we of all teams are likely to buck the odds. There's a slim possibility, if we made the play offs, we'd be going in with a starting XI that's begun to gel and thus we've a bit of upward momentum about us. That tho' would be hope over realism.

Clutching at straws, but Queen of the South managed to survive last year, even though they entered the process with substantial downward momentum.