New Chairman announced...

jagfox

Im sure its only temporary and the Shares will be handed over to the Fans next Month - with the interim Board Stepping aside for an elected Board - which will then appiont an Operations Board -  slightly confused as to the timing as its only weeks away from the interim Board stepping down ? and thought the interim Board decided they didnt need a Chairman

- Im sure it will all be fine and TFE and the Thistle Trust will deliver as they said they would     

She was elected Unanimously - that means the Three Fans Reps would ensure that all he promises and Timetables were being adhered to - these guys represent the Fans and know the general views - they will have taken that into consideration 

1 minute ago, Dark Passenger said:

*shakes head*

It doesn't appear that anything's been learned from last season. That's someone who's now, in my opinion, letting ego override rational thought. Her professional instinct *must* be telling her this is the wrong move at completely the wrong time.

Is she professional?

We are in serious trouble as a football team - staring at relegation for the second time in 3 seasons. 

Now I believe we are in serious trouble as a football club. I smell the scent of a conspiracy here which at best will see us sharing Broadwood with Clyde or at worst a footnote in history. Heaven forbid! 

I will continue going to see the Jags whenever I can to spite, to the best of my ability, whatever shenanigans Low and 3 Black Cats  might have under the table. IMC and the team, however poor, need our support. 

I have bought my Euro millions lottery tickets. 

• Like 1

As others have said the timing of this is really not good. Surely the board must have known the fans didn't want her involved and would see this annoucement as a slap in the face at a point where we really needed to galvanise all resources behind the relegation fight?

When J Low was removed as chairman by the Beattie's board there were some allegations levelled at her competency. Clearly with the appointment of Caldwell she had no football knowledge but to re-appoint a chairman that was alledgedly not properly managing the clubs finances defies belief.

We've had poor chairmen before but we've never re-appointed one.

Prior to this I was reasonably confident McCall could keep us up but he's no fighting with one hand behind his back.

28 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Fans boycotting games does not mean a club goes under.  It means board have to take note and fans have a legitimate beef which needs addressed.

Would it not be the case that fans turning up at games and voicing their opinions (verbally, pictorially, whatever) be a more effective form of protest? I would say it would be more representative of any protest simply as there's countless more "fans" not turning up as it is. Clearly the current "absentees" can't be protesting about Jacqui Low's appointment and have other issues. Any boycotting the Club over this issue would from the protest point of view be considerably muddied.

Put another way ...1/We're bottom of the League. 2/Playing dreadful to watch football. 3/Have won only twice at home in eleven outings. I very much doubt by not turning up now it would be seen as a boycott over this one issue. 

Now of course if fans who regularly attend were to turn up and protest outside the ground, or walk out en masse at a prearranged time, then that would be a different matter. 

• Like 2

Exactly LIB . Punters need to start making their voices heard. Turning up and leaving on mass at a certain point would be perfect. There’s not many who turn up anyway so it should be easy to empty the ground. What low knows about football you could write on the back of a postage stamp

2 minutes ago, Rid Skwerr said:

Do I misread what's going on, or is Jacquie Low only going to be chairman until TBC hand over control to the fans' board?

If that happens to the original schedule of end of March, then JL will only be chairman for 4 or 5 weeks.

"A meeting is planned shortly with the Working Group chairman to discuss the new timetable for the way ahead in light of recent events."

Don't think anything will happen to the original schedule.