New Chairman announced...

jagfox

24 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Three Black Cats has also confirmed to the Board that Colin Weir’s commitment to transfer the majority shareholding to fans, creating a fan-owned club, is unchanged. 

so not if but when........

let’s hope the team don’t actually win any games or it will ruin the crescendo of hysteria 

The training ground at Twechar was a question of when, not if.

The building of bespoke new stands on the Bing and Main Stand, alongside flats, was a question of when, not if.

The transferring of shares to the Jags Trust in exchange for winding-up the 1876 Club was a question of when, not if.

The new training ground was a question of when, not if.

As George W Bush once said:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

I’m out, enjoy cow towing.

The old board put THEIR cash in, paid THEIR cash to be on the board, saw us through most successful period in nearly 50 years, balanced books.

Shes brought nothing to the club except division and spin. 

I dont cow to anyone. Not you. Not the board. I'm realist. The club will prevail. So bring your neck in. Your view is heard but most fans will support through thick n thin. I've had 50 years....

27 minutes ago, AndyMac said:

Javeajag.

You believed the fairy tale that the Black Cats would deliver us a training complex.

It must be great to have your faith.

Would you like to buy some magic beans? Or how about the Brooklyn Bridge, or a couple of twinkling stars?

We were going to have a training complex but that cash was then used to buy out the club and prop co so thank David Beattie for that one 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Woodstock Jag said:

The training ground at Twechar was a question of when, not if.

The building of bespoke new stands on the Bing and Main Stand, alongside flats, was a question of when, not if.

The transferring of shares to the Jags Trust in exchange for winding-up the 1876 Club was a question of when, not if.

The new training ground was a question of when, not if.

As George W Bush once said:

Yes if only the fans ran the club.....

7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

We were going to have a training complex but that cash was then used to buy out the club and prop co so thank David Beattie for that one 

Actually at the time of the CW takeover the Training Ground was stated as being back on the cards / it was later when it was announced it was being cancelled - therefore your statement is incorrect as the two things when the share purchase took place were not related - if CW Decided to use the Training Ground Money after the purchase thats his right BUT that was post purchase and a change to the deal when the shares were purchased 

CW decided to buy out the former Directors - and your blaming them for him deciding to pull the training ground ? 

59 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Three Black Cats has also confirmed to the Board that Colin Weir’s commitment to transfer the majority shareholding to fans, creating a fan-owned club, is unchanged. 

so not if but when........

let’s hope the team don’t actually win any games or it will ruin the crescendo of hysteria 

There are no changes to the Ownership structure of the shares therefore no reasons not to transfer them in March along with the Bing 

14 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Actually at the time of the CW takeover the Training Ground was stated as being back on the cards / it was later when it was announced it was being cancelled - therefore your statement is incorrect as the two things when the share purchase took place were not related - if CW Decided to use the Training Ground Money after the purchase thats his right BUT that was post purchase and a change to the deal when the shares were purchased 

CW decided to buy out the former Directors - and your blaming them for him deciding to pull the training ground ? 

The training ground cash was used to buy the shares and propco.

4 hours ago, Kingleo said:

Incompetent @rsehole is being a bit generous is it not? She looks like the sort of woman you see in a Tesco’s car park reversing back and forwards to try and get the car in a space with no car on either side. Sat there in her wee 10 minute interview clips with coco the clown looking for all the world like the worlds biggest rabbit  caught in the worlds brightest headlights

Can you not get a seat in Ibrox or something pal? Because the pish you spout certainly sounds like you should be a card carrying member of the Subway Loyal.

Jacqui Low's competency as to running a football club has nothing to do with her gender. And if you or anyone else thinks so ... well, you're the ******** - so don't come back to Firhill, thanks.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

Can you not get a seat in Ibrox or something pal? Because the pish you spout certainly sounds like you should be a card carrying member of the Subway Loyal.

Jacqui Low's competency as to running a football club has nothing to do with her gender. And if you or anyone else thinks so ... well, you're the ******** - so don't come back to Firhill, thanks.

Well said WoS.

Her re-appointment is madness and if she had any decency she would have turned the offer down and recognised that she has NOTHING to bring to our club. I wrote the following email to the club last year when KD was let go:

"I can’t remember the first time I went to see Partick Thistle play but it was probably sometime in 1964 when I was three years old. My dad, now aged 83, has been a season ticket holder for many years and, although I now live in America, I am also a season ticket holder and go to as many matches as I can. I LOVE the Jags but when I woke up the other day to the news that Kris Doolan has been unceremoniously released in a totally crass and despicable manner, I have questioned my loyalty to the club for the first time in my life.

What has happened at our club for it to become such a classless organisation? Was it the appointment of Jacqui Low as chairman, someone who might be perceived as being out of her depth with scant knowledge of running a club or appreciative of football club culture and tradition? Or was it the appointment of our current manager whose actions and public utterings might suggest that the only reason he is at Firhill is as a short term professional convenience?

The worst thing that the board of directors of ANY football club can do is to forget that it is a club’s supporters that really matter. Managers, players and, yes, even club chairmen, always move on but a supporter stays with their club forever. This current chairman and manager are in danger of defiling an incredible institution. They are responsible for overseeing a PR disaster in the way they have treated a club legend and alienated a substantial number of supporters. Both should consider what steps they need to take before the damage they have caused becomes permanent."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, West of Scotland said:

Good post 

52 minutes ago, GoonerJag said:

Her re-appointment is madness and if she had any decency she would have turned the offer down and recognised that she has NOTHING to bring to our club. I wrote the following email to the club last year when KD was let go:

"I can’t remember the first time I went to see Partick Thistle play but it was probably sometime in 1964 when I was three years old. My dad, now aged 83, has been a season ticket holder for many years and, although I now live in America, I am also a season ticket holder and go to as many matches as I can. I LOVE the Jags but when I woke up the other day to the news that Kris Doolan has been unceremoniously released in a totally crass and despicable manner, I have questioned my loyalty to the club for the first time in my life.

What has happened at our club for it to become such a classless organisation? Was it the appointment of Jacqui Low as chairman, someone who might be perceived as being out of her depth with scant knowledge of running a club or appreciative of football club culture and tradition? Or was it the appointment of our current manager whose actions and public utterings might suggest that the only reason he is at Firhill is as a short term professional convenience?

The worst thing that the board of directors of ANY football club can do is to forget that it is a club’s supporters that really matter. Managers, players and, yes, even club chairmen, always move on but a supporter stays with their club forever. This current chairman and manager are in danger of defiling an incredible institution. They are responsible for overseeing a PR disaster in the way they have treated a club legend and alienated a substantial number of supporters. Both should consider what steps they need to take before the damage they have caused becomes permanent."

Great Post , Jaqui Low can’t be trusted , what she said re Kris Doolan that there would always  be a place at Firhill for him in some capacity and this was done through private Twitter messages.

She totally reneged on her word 

Can’t believe she’s involved again 

3 hours ago, West of Scotland said:

Ah! The usual accusation of being a Rangers fan if you disagree with anything about the club.

I have a very simple question actually.

Which legal person or persons currently owns the Bing and the land on which the Main Stand sits: Partick Thistle Football Club Ltd? Three Black Cats? Or someone/something else?

We were assured that this transfer would happen within a matter of days of TBC having acquired those fixed assets from Firhill Developments Limited.

Did that happen?

29 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

How does a club or any business survive if it’s source of income is turned off ?

In the long term it wouldn’t but in the short term it would force said club to look at the issue or gripe from the supporters and hopefully quickly address it.  In the case of us I’d imagine a fair portion of the fans who may now chuck it short term would be season ticket holders so from a financial viewpoint it could be viewed as more symbolic.

I just feel the timing is rotten as surely JL must have known this move would not be popular at a time our support is vital not so much from a financial perspective but a vocal and encouraging one.