New Chairman announced...

jagfox

2 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

I have a very simple question actually.

Which legal person or persons currently owns the Bing and the land on which the Main Stand sits: Partick Thistle Football Club Ltd? Three Black Cats? Or someone/something else?

We were assured that this transfer would happen within a matter of days of TBC having acquired those fixed assets from Firhill Developments Limited.

Did that happen?

I don’t believe so, or it would have been publicized.

13 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

We thoroughly deserve everything that's coming to us. 

Words utterly fail me. A woman who oversaw financial ineptitude, and used the club as a vehicle for whatever social agenda she desired. I am done with this club. Utterly done. 

Did she ? I thought that was David Beattie spin when he ousted her and later dismissed by Norman Springford who said he would not have issued such a statement.

Two thoughts from me. Much as I would not want her on the board, I do think that we were rudderless without a chairman. It may not be the rudder that we want and it may be pointing us in the wrong direction, only time will tell on that, but I am pleased that we have a chairman again.

Secondly, the why now. The interim board and Ms Low must have known what the reaction would be, therefore there must be a reason why the interim board would unanimously support this. Remember that there are fans representatives on the board and unanimous would mean that they supported it. I am wondering if this is a excercise to deflect attention away from Ian McCall and his underperforming players. Get the fans rile deflected in another direction and take the presure off them for a bit. The statement was also issued late on a friday on a weekend where we don't have a match and I suspect there is something in the timing. Others around us do play today, so the league table might look worse after that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Did she ? I thought that was David Beattie spin when he ousted her and later dismissed by Norman Springford who said he would not have issued such a statement.

Two thoughts from me. Much as I would not want her on the board, I do think that we were rudderless without a chairman. It may not be the rudder that we want and it may be pointing us in the wrong direction, only time will tell on that, but I am pleased that we have a chairman again.

Secondly, the why now. The interim board and Ms Low must have known what the reaction would be, therefore there must be a reason why the interim board would unanimously support this. Remember that there are fans representatives on the board and unanimous would mean that they supported it. I am wondering if this is a excercise to deflect attention away from Ian McCall and his underperforming players. Get the fans rile deflected in another direction and take the presure off them for a bit. The statement was also issued late on a friday on a weekend where we don't have a match and I suspect there is something in the timing. Others around us do play today, so the league table might look worse after that.

I think the idea that this was released as some cunning way of taking the pressure McCall and the team is nonsensical. On the contrary, all it does is feed and exacerbate the general level of disengagement and disenchantment that already exists. If it is a PR move then it’s a terrible one. So actually maybe you are right, given Low’s utter failure on so many PR levels while in charge previously. 

And the reason why the interim board have unanimously supported it is because they were essentially appointed to the board by TBC (i.e. Jacqui Low). It’s an absolute stitch up. 

Low is now the sole director of Three Black Cats, with MBM Board Nominees also listed on the board.  Low is the only named dierector of MBM.

Low now controls around 81% of the Club's shareholding for which she paid not one penny.  What is unclear is what will happen after Colin Weir's estate is settled.  The shares in Three Black Cats may be bequeathed to Christine Weir (who owns PTFC shares), or other members of his family.

The nightmare outcome is for 3BC's shares to be bequeathed to Low. 

Low's bold takeover of the PTFC board might suggest that she knows who will shortly own 3BC's  PTFC shareholding.  None of the current PTFC Board own shares in the business, so Low has complete and utter control until the Weir estate is settled - which could take some time.  I'm afraid the Weirs fell under the spell of Low and for that we have all suffered.

What also seems clear is that it was only Colin Weir's intention to gift shares to the fans if, and only if. the fan organisation met his approval.  That approval now rests with Low.

Edited by eljaggo
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

Low is now the sole director of Three Black Cats, with MBM Board Nominees also listed on the board.  Low is the only named dierector of MBM.

Low now controls around 81% of the Club's shareholding for which she paid not one penny.  What is unclear is what will happen after Colin Weir's estate is settled.  The shares in Three Black Cats may be bequeathed to Christine Weir (who owns PTFC shares), or other members of his family.

The nightmare outcome is for 3BC's shares to be bequeathed to Low. 

Low's bold takeover of the PTFC board might suggest that she knows who will shortly own 3BC's  PTFC shareholding.  None of the current PTFC Board own shares in the business, so Low has complete and utter control until the Weir estate is settled - which could take some time.  I'm afraid the Weirs fell under the spell of Low and for that we have all suffered.

What also seems clear is that it was only Colin Weir's intention to gift shares to the fans if, and only if. the fan organisation met his approval.  That approval now rests with Low.

The most imaginative work of fiction on here for quite a while taking ifs , what’s and maybes to a new level

the statement yesterday said fan ownership was going ahead 

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

The most imaginative work of fiction on here for quite a while taking ifs , what’s and maybes to a new level

the statement yesterday said fan ownership was going ahead 

And we were also told that Low wouldn’t be returning and wasn’t involved. Something that I’m pretty sure you pointed to as a reason to trust Paul Goodwin et al. 

• Like 1

Okay so assuming that Jacqui Low now has all the power, what is fundamentally the big fear? 

Is it:

a) That she has no interest in Partick Thistle, and is only involved for purely personal gain (and will willingly run the club down), or

b) That she's previously shown to be an ineffective chairman, with poor fan communication and a bad managerial appointment.

If it's the former then I can understand the outcry. If it's the latter then I'd accept it's not ideal, but I think we should put the pitchforks away.

My own view isn't very well informed, but I never got any other feeling than that Jacqui Low wanted Thistle to be successful. I understand the concern but I've never, and still don't,  understand the apparent level of venom directed towards her.

Edited by allyo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Well she wasn’t and now she is .... things change ....you know like Colin weir passing 

I’m not sure how Colin Weir dying means that she has to become Chair. 

“She wasn’t and now she is” is an excellent way of agreeing that what was said to be true wasn’t actually true. Thanks for agreeing. 

1 minute ago, KemoAvdiu said:

I’m not sure how Colin Weir dying means that she has to become Chair. 

“She wasn’t and now she is” is an excellent way of agreeing that what was said to be true wasn’t actually true. Thanks for agreeing. 

It doesn’t but his passing has changed the situation that’s just a fact .... if it makes you feel better ...

We are in a dreadful league position, our major benefactor has recently died. 

As a Jags fan for almost 60 years , the Club needs our support more than ever. There are lots of things that I am unhappy about at the Club at present, but it wont stop me going to Firhill.

• Like 2

I wonder, it was the intention of 3BC to hand over the ownership of shares to an appropriate fan based committee? So what if Ms Low decides the 'committee' or 'working group' is not appropriate? Does the fan working group have any powers to take ownership from 3BC?

Without being too pessimistic …. regarding the recent comment on 'the new timetable for the way ahead',  what if these negotiations go on through the summer, perhaps till the start of next season? If there are delays in this ownership issue, that together with a football team that is underperforming on a massive scale, a supporters group who are at best 'fed up' [at worst simply they have lost interest] and a truly duff football ground … this could be 'death by a thousand cuts' for this football club.

This is only my opinion, If Ms Low is chair by the time PTFC ask the support to buy a new ST for next season, I fear there could be problems.

7 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

This is only my opinion, If Ms Low is chair by the time PTFC ask the support to buy a new ST for next season, I fear there could be problems.

I didn’t start supporting the club because I liked the chairman or the board and I won’t stop supporting the club because I don’t like the chairman or the board 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allyo said:

Okay so assuming that Jacqui Low now has all the power, what is fundamentally the big fear? 

Is it:

a) That she has no interest in Partick Thistle, and is only involved for purely personal gain (and will willingly run the club down), or

b) That she's previously shown to be an ineffective chairman, with poor fan communication and a bad managerial appointment.

If it's the former then I can understand the outcry. If it's the latter then I'd accept it's not ideal, but I think we should put the pitchforks away.

My own view isn't very well informed, but I never got any other feeling than that Jacqui Low wanted Thistle to be successful. I understand the concern but I've never, and still don't,  understand the apparent level of venom directed towards her.

I believe she wants to use the club as a vehicle for her personal gain, not financially but status wise.

She amply demonstrated her leadership incompetence in appointing an egotistical maniac as manager, despite an awful cv and not doing proper due diligence (remember the club were forced to edit their version of Caldwell’s managerial history after a complaint from one of his previous employers). I was told Gerry B pleaded with her not to appoint him. 

Despite caldwell being a transparent fraud as a manager my abiding memory of her is being all agog at every pearl of wisdom he uttered, she couldn’t see past him. That in itself means she shouldn’t be anywhere near the club. She clearly knows fck all about football and my fear -should IMC turn things around - is that his style (old fashioned compared to the “modern methodical detailed analytical “ of the genius Caldwell) - is that IMC won’t take kindly to any input from someone he probably doesn’t respect. And if Ian doesn’t turn things around then she will be the one selecting the next manager. 

Why any Jags fan thinks Low is good for Thistle is beyond my comprehension. Her performance as Chairman stinks. And when the going got tough she hid herself away, abandoned the promised regular communication with the fans because-quite clearly she lost her bottle. And that from a PR guru! 

Right enough, what’s not to like about Low. Mind you some offenders change their ways so maybe it will all be different this time... 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

I believe she wants to use the club as a vehicle for her personal gain, not financially but status wise.

She amply demonstrated her leadership incompetence in appointing an egotistical maniac as manager, despite an awful cv and not doing proper due diligence (remember the club were forced to edit their version of Caldwell’s managerial history after a complaint from one of his previous employers). I was told Gerry B pleaded with her not to appoint him. 

Despite caldwell being a transparent fraud as a manager my abiding memory of her is being all agog at every pearl of wisdom he uttered, she couldn’t see past him. That in itself means she shouldn’t be anywhere near the club. She clearly knows fck all about football and my fear -should IMC turn things around - is that his style (old fashioned compared to the “modern methodical detailed analytical “ of the genius Caldwell) - is that IMC won’t take kindly to any input from someone he probably doesn’t respect. And if Ian doesn’t turn things around then she will be the one selecting the next manager. 

Why any Jags fan thinks Low is good for Thistle is beyond my comprehension. Her performance as Chairman stinks. And when the going got tough she hid herself away, abandoned the promised regular communication with the fans because-quite clearly she lost her bottle. And that from a PR guru! 

Right enough, what’s not to like about Low. Mind you some offenders change their ways so maybe it will all be different this time... 

One by one then...

Using position to increase status... That would be disappointing but probably typical to some extent of most people who serve on football boards. However given the level of abuse she has suffered I reckon she could find easier ways.

Lack of diligence on Caldwell...We don't really know that (in terms of the appointment itself). It was ultimately a poor appointment but his record was mixed and he had credentials which would suggest potential. The stuff about Gerry Britton is speculative.

Retracted statement... Yes that was embarrassing. And incredibly bad from a PR person.

Agog at Caldwell... Always thought she seemed willing to back her manager which is what any employee would want. Imagine if Caldwell had been sitting there selling his vision and she'd contradicted him. That in my view would be more concerning. Also worth noting that many fans went to Caldwell's presentations and were impressed by him.

Ian McCall position... Again speculative.

Hid away from criticism... Fair point. However a lot of the criticism has been quite vindictive so I can understand it.

I'm not sure that anyone thinks it's a great move. Ultimately she was chairman during an unsuccessful spell so she's not going to be welcomed back with open arms (except maybe by those with a personal connection).

But right now we need someone. Colin Weir's passing has changed the circumstances, and given the current status of ownership she is the most obvious person. And I still don't think the vitriol is justified.

• Like 1

With all that is currently going on, facing relegation and trying to generate support for fan ownership what is required is unity.

So why the hell does someone who states they love the club and clearly knows how divisive they are to the support even consider taking the chair at this time unless it’s purely about them.

3 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

With all that is currently going on, facing relegation and trying to generate support for fan ownership what is required is unity.

So why the hell does someone who states they love the club and clearly knows how divisive they are to the support even consider taking the chair at this time unless it’s purely about them.

Because it just makes sense? If TBC own all the shares then they have a duty to oversee the club, regardless of whether that is in the interim or longer term. I don't know who else they'd have, or who else is available, to take the position.

I'm sure there was an awareness that this would be unpopular,  hence why everything was being kept in the background, but that became subject of rumour and naturally raised suspicion.

Personally I think it's better that she is confirmed in position, and answerable.