New Chairman announced...

jagfox

6 minutes ago, allyo said:

Because it just makes sense? If TBC own all the shares then they have a duty to oversee the club, regardless of whether that is in the interim or longer term. I don't know who else they'd have, or who else is available, to take the position.

I'm sure there was an awareness that this would be unpopular,  hence why everything was being kept in the background, but that became subject of rumour and naturally raised suspicion.

Personally I think it's better that she is confirmed in position, and answerable.

How many shares do 3BC actually have?

The 2 trusts account for approx 20 something percent, with smaller shareholders a further 7. Or has the PTFC Trust passed its shares (or control) to either the board or 3BC?

Last season our major shareholders weren’t on the board. The board is selected to represent all the shareholders. 
We have yet another wedge into the support, a potential conflict of interest as she represents 2 of the 3 parties on the handover talks.

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

I believe she wants to use the club as a vehicle for her personal gain, not financially but status wise.

She amply demonstrated her leadership incompetence in appointing an egotistical maniac as manager, despite an awful cv and not doing proper due diligence (remember the club were forced to edit their version of Caldwell’s managerial history after a complaint from one of his previous employers). I was told Gerry B pleaded with her not to appoint him. 

Despite caldwell being a transparent fraud as a manager my abiding memory of her is being all agog at every pearl of wisdom he uttered, she couldn’t see past him. That in itself means she shouldn’t be anywhere near the club. She clearly knows fck all about football and my fear -should IMC turn things around - is that his style (old fashioned compared to the “modern methodical detailed analytical “ of the genius Caldwell) - is that IMC won’t take kindly to any input from someone he probably doesn’t respect. And if Ian doesn’t turn things around then she will be the one selecting the next manager. 

Why any Jags fan thinks Low is good for Thistle is beyond my comprehension. Her performance as Chairman stinks. And when the going got tough she hid herself away, abandoned the promised regular communication with the fans because-quite clearly she lost her bottle. And that from a PR guru! 

Right enough, what’s not to like about Low. Mind you some offenders change their ways so maybe it will all be different this time... 

Spot on.

8 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

The 2 trusts account for approx 20 something percent, with smaller shareholders a further 7. Or has the PTFC Trust passed its shares (or control) to either the board or 3BC?

Last season our major shareholders weren’t on the board. The board is selected to represent all the shareholders. 
We have yet another wedge into the support, a potential conflict of interest as she represents 2 of the 3 parties on the handover talks.

I don't know all the details to be honest. But it strikes me that everything is in a bit of a mess at the moment; between the takeover, the promised transition, and Colin Weir's passing we've been left in a situation of turmoil, where someone had to step up, and that's brought us to this.

I doubt that anyone thinks it's ideal.

Edited by allyo

5 minutes ago, allyo said:

I don't know all the details to be honest. But it strikes me that everything is in a bit of a mess at the moment; between the takeover, the promised transition, and Colin Weir's passing we've been left in a situation of turmoil, where someone had to step up, and that's brought us to this.

Apart from Jacqui "carpetbagger" Low.

8 minutes ago, allyo said:

Why not put Charan Gill as chairman or Duncan Smillie? Both have successful business background, both are also relatively untarnished from a fan’s perspective 

18 minutes ago, allyo said:

This isn’t about her nobly “stepping up.” She has sought control of the club and has sought this situation where she’s again in control. It isn’t something she’s been thrust into and is gamely facing up to. It’s driven by ego, and it’s in no way positive for our club. There’s no a lot of ideal scenarios on offer but this is so far from ideal as to be on an entirely different spectrum. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Dan said:

We are in a dreadful league position, our major benefactor has recently died. 

As a Jags fan for almost 60 years , the Club needs our support more than ever. There are lots of things that I am unhappy about at the Club at present, but it wont stop me going to Firhill.

Exactly. Everybody deals with things differently. The club needs our support. I just hope that those saying they are going to boycott Firhill change their minds. Relegation will harm the club as it is. Relegation with a vastly reduced support because of a boycott could be fatal for our club. First of 12 big league games on Tuesday lets get right behind the team. 

28 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

This isn’t about her nobly “stepping up.” She has sought control of the club and has sought this situation where she’s again in control. It isn’t something she’s been thrust into and is gamely facing up to. It’s driven by ego, and it’s in no way positive for our club. 

You might be right. But you're speculating.

51 minutes ago, allyo said:

I seem to remember Ms Low's twitter feed saying something about her 'triumphant return to Firhill' [I think it was one of her close friends who penned the tweet …. and it was very quickly deleted] when Colin Weir's idea to buy the controlling interest of the club meant that 3BC were once again part of the PTFC ownership. This could be perhaps  one of those 'a woman scorned' situation, where she comes back to the club to fix her tarnished reputation? 

I hope Ms Low and the 3BC situation all turns out for the best, but at this time, from where I am standing it looks like a bit of a 'cluster'. 

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

I believe she wants to use the club as a vehicle for her personal gain, not financially but status wise.

Sorry for the selective quoting but would that be such a bad thing? Her level of status would be more or less dependent on the status of the Club. The status of the Club more or less dependent on our level of success on the field.

It's maybe a bit retro but that was the template for most clubs our size in days gone by. The chairman (proverbially the local butcher or publican like Miller Reid) puts in money to the club and in return his/her business benefits thru status (PR).  Depending on the personal wealth of the chairman there was a varying risk factor involved. Nothing wrong in my mind there.

The real issues in this instance are the chairperson isn't putting her money into the Club and the quality of her previous tenure is highly questionable. In terms of status she could quickly end up as a not very big fish in a very small pond.

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

With all that is currently going on, facing relegation and trying to generate support for fan ownership what is required is unity.

So why the hell does someone who states they love the club and clearly knows how divisive they are to the support even consider taking the chair at this time unless it’s purely about them.

Maybe because they do love  the club ?

54 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Why not put Charan Gill as chairman or Duncan Smillie? Both have successful business background, both are also relatively untarnished from a fan’s perspective 

I think because she is a director of 3BC who own the club and both of them supported her return 

42 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

This isn’t about her nobly “stepping up.” She has sought control of the club and has sought this situation where she’s again in control. It isn’t something she’s been thrust into and is gamely facing up to. It’s driven by ego, and it’s in no way positive for our club. There’s no a lot of ideal scenarios on offer but this is so far from ideal as to be on an entirely different spectrum. 

How do you know she sought all this ? 

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

How do you know she sought all this ? 

Because it’s been quite clear - from the placed media stories and the comments of her acolytes in various places - that since she was punted previously she’s been angling to return. Now she’s got her way. She’s played a good game. 

12 hours ago, javeajag said:

The training ground cash was used to buy the shares and propco.

But that was a decision taken Post Sale - you blamed the loss of Training Ground on this - at the time of the Purchase of the Shares it was clearly stated the Training Ground was going ahead - therefore Im assuming both had  been budgeted for - the Share Purchase and Training Ground are therefore not connected as the Statement confirmed this at time of the Share Buy Back - you blamed David Beattie for the loss of the Training Ground which is complete and utter nonsense    

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

55%

9 minutes ago, KemoAvdiu said:

Because it’s been quite clear - from the placed media stories and the comments of her acolytes in various places - that since she was punted previously she’s been angling to return. Now she’s got her way. She’s played a good game. 

Ok your expressing your opinion