New Chairman announced...

jagfox

7 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Really? A disastrous tenure makes you the obvious candidate? Sums Thistle up these days. Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

I know, it's a weird situation. But she represents the biggest shareholder, was the closest person on the board to Colin Weir and it's clearly all about his legacy right now. And she's done it before so, regardless of record, she obviously has the appetite. And maybe she'd have learned from it.

I'd totally agree that another candidate would have been less divisive, but I have no idea whether anyone else was prepared to do it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, allyo said:

I know, it's a weird situation. But she represents the biggest shareholder, was the closest person on the board to Colin Weir and it's clearly all about his legacy right now. And she's done it before so, regardless of record, she obviously has the appetite. And maybe she'd have learned from it.

I'd totally agree that another candidate would have been less divisive, but I have no idea whether anyone else was prepared to do it.

3BC own the Club / she Controls 3BC so your logic from a Shareholding perspective is sound 

but your incorrect Colin Weir legacy means nothing the proper running of PTFC is all that matters 

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

And I’ve told several times that cash was diverted to buy the shares 

No it wasnt - they clearly stated at the takeover that the Training Ground was going ahead 

the statement on training ground cash was a month later 

therefore the decision was taken post purchase - nothing to do with purchase as they clearly budgeted for both 

the training ground was pulled 

16 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

3BC own the Club / she Controls 3BC so your logic from a Shareholding perspective is sound 

but your incorrect Colin Weir legacy means nothing the proper running of PTFC is all that matters 

I think you misunderstood me, I was unclear. I'm only suggesting that from the Jacqui Low/3BC perspective i think Colin Weir's legacy is a high priority.

Edited by allyo

15 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

No it wasnt - they clearly stated at the takeover that the Training Ground was going ahead 

the statement on training ground cash was a month later 

therefore the decision was taken post purchase - nothing to do with purchase as they clearly budgeted for both 

the training ground was pulled 

Think I was in agreement with you re the training ground a couple of years , at our level there is not any need for it as it was another expense we couldn’t afford and the way it’s going their won’t be any need for it if we hit the 3rd level of Scottish Football .

Just now, jlsarmy said:

Think I was in agreement with you re the training ground a couple of years , at our level there is not any need for it as it was another expense we couldn’t afford and the way it’s going their won’t be any need for it if we hit the 3rd level of Scottish Football .

partick thistle would not own the training ground, they would rent the use of it

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Did they not say that there would be a rotation of each of the board members ?

I think they did. But you try something and if it isn't working you try something else. Maybe something more conventional.

Edited by allyo

59 minutes ago, paralytic thistle said:

partick thistle would not own the training ground, they would rent the use of it

Yeah , I know that but if we had already signed a lease for a training ground would we have been able to afford it if we drop down to the 3rd tier , not sure we can afford an expenditure of a training facility with dwindling finances .

32 minutes ago, Flycatcher said:

Are we not getting away from the point.

To a lot of fans (myself included) are worried 

Here we have a chairman who has causing fans to boycott/walk away from the club.

Even if its temporary.  .  . Still worring 

We're bottom of the league with clearly little going for ourselves. The team, whether deserving or not need all the support they can get.  That said I fully understand Jags fans saying enough is enough and not attending forthcoming games.  It's just I doubt there's anyway to equate not turning up to support the team with dissatisfaction at the appointment of Low.

1 hour ago, Flycatcher said:

Here we have a chairman who has causing fans to boycott/walk away from the club.

If we were runaway leaders, regularly scoring 5 or 6 and playing scintillating football, would there still be a proposed boycott because of who the chairman is ?

Thought not

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If we were runaway leaders, regularly scoring 5 or 6 and playing scintillating football, would there still be a proposed boycott because of who the chairman is ?

Thought not

Wouldn't suit the argument either if we got our first win this year under the new chairman. So just what are folk wanting here? :thinking:

8 minutes ago, scotty said:

Wouldn't suit the argument either if we got our first win this year under the new chairman. So just what are folk wanting here? :thinking:

I want Thistle to get enough points this season to get 8th at least. Next season challenging to get promotion. Don't care who the chairman is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flycatcher said:

Didn’t want JLow back after her previous tenure , but as far as I can remember I’ve never saw a chairman score goals for our team etc etc 

Think it’s time for everyone to stick together and somehow get to 8th place which is going to be a big turnaround.

45 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I want Thistle to get enough points this season to get 8th at least. Next season challenging to get promotion. Don't care who the chairman is.

We all want these things, but the third sentence assumes that the chairman has no influence or effect on the performance of the Club/team.