New Chairman announced...

jagfox

25 minutes ago, laukat said:

She's an absolute embarrasment. Surely as an experienced PR professional she must know how that looks. I hope Ian McCall and Gerry Britton are asking her WTF she is doing and telling her to get stay away from commenting on football.

Dead Cat on the table.

Distract from the real issues, pretend your incompetent then you get caught with the real issues you’ve built up the illusion 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Maybe (ok probably) I’m being thick, but what is the problem ? east Fife have a good manager and one day Thistle will need one.

Because you dont discuss Future Managers whilst you currently have one - so Yes you are being thick ( or attempting to defend something thats 100% wrong ) 

how would you like your potential replacement discussed in public whilst your doing your job ?  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Maybe (ok probably) I’m being thick, but what is the problem ? east Fife have a good manager and one day Thistle will need one.

We have a manager in post just now trying his best to keep us in the league. Her comment at worst undermines his position and at best shows a complete lack of awareness of how it would be perceived.  Being aware of how communication is be percieved is pretty essential to a PR person.

6 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Dead Cat on the table.

Distract from the real issues, pretend your incompetent then you get caught with the real issues you’ve built up the illusion 

You're probably right which is even more damming .

9 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Because you dont discuss Future Managers whilst you currently have one - so Yes you are being thick ( or attempting to defend something thats 100% wrong ) 

how would you like your potential replacement discussed in public whilst your doing your job ?  

Happens regularly.  At some point I’ll retire maybe in next 4 years and replacements are openly discussed. I don’t feel undermined.

She never said there was an imminent vacancy, so I still don’t get it.

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

Happens regularly.  At some point I’ll retire maybe in next 4 years and replacements are openly discussed. I don’t feel undermined.

Are you for real? We are dying on our arse and at a time we need to pull together we first of all get this idiot at first pretending she was not back at the club, then she is officially back at the club and now says it has noted for potential next jags manager when we have a manager in the seat just now? Everything about her and this is so wrong! She does nothing to unite the fans and is now undermining our manager on social media when she claims to be a PR expert. The woman is a walking contradiction and will end us as a club.

6 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Are you for real? We are dying on our arse and at a time we need to pull together we first of all get this idiot at first pretending she was not back at the club, then she is officially back at the club and now says it has noted for potential next jags manager when we have a manager in the seat just now? Everything about her and this is so wrong! She does nothing to unite the fans and is now undermining our manager on social media when she claims to be a PR expert. The woman is a walking contradiction and will end us as a club.

We agree on one thing. There are more important things to worry about.

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I have succession planning conversations about staff all the time. However if I indicated it in a public forum I would righly get the sack. Partly because it could be construed as constructive dismissal partly because it could be construed that any future recruitment was unfair as I had already declared who I wanted for the post.

When you add to that a struggling football team relies heavily on morale and everyone getting behind more than any other work environment then it then its a really poor thing to do.

Experinced PR people are meant to be adept at communication and getting a message across in a manner that gets people on board. Have a look at her twitter feed. She's backpeddling and trying to explain her tweet away. That is not the work of a PR guru.

25 minutes ago, laukat said:

Experinced PR people are meant to be adept at communication and getting a message across in a manner that gets people on board. Have a look at her twitter feed. She's backpeddling and trying to explain her tweet away. That is not the work of a PR guru.

Whilst we are all talking about this, the bigger issues of not handing over the land or the shares is being ignored.

This is a masterclass in PR to deflect from the real issues to something else at a time when you’ve been caught out on the real issues

2 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Whilst we are all talking about this, the bigger issues of not handing over the land or the shares is being ignored.

This is a masterclass in PR to deflect from the real issues to something else at a time when you’ve been caught out on the real issues

I think she thinks its a masterclass but its just inviting more people to examine what she's up to.

Much is made of Jacqui Low being a Tory.

Let's be frank Jacqui is a chameleon, a shape shifter, an imposter and a fraud.

Jacqui was a Tory when she thought it would help her career. Spin back 30 years and she would have been a fully paid up  member of the "hang em and flog em brigade.

Today; the wolf is wearing very different clothing.  Jacqui is now a tub thump-er for political correctness, she is slowly building up a power base within the club through "using" her special interest groups.

Nosey Besom

I noticed that a large number of B shares are shared among four McMasters. Can somebody remind me or correct me on this: around the time of Save the Jags, for his efforts Brown McMaster was "awarded" shares. But by whom? Was it the bank? And then when he left Thistle to go to Stenhousemuir, were these shares simply given to his family? It's always been a bit of a mystery to me.

40 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I noticed that a large number of B shares are shared among four McMasters. Can somebody remind me or correct me on this: around the time of Save the Jags, for his efforts Brown McMaster was "awarded" shares. But by whom? Was it the bank? And then when he left Thistle to go to Stenhousemuir, were these shares simply given to his family? It's always been a bit of a mystery to me.

Norman Springford and Eddie Prentice awarded the Shares to Brown and Tom Hughes

and yes shares were awarded to Family to overcome the dual Shareholding rule when he went to Stenny 

2 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Norman Springford and Eddie Prentice awarded the Shares to Brown and Tom Hughes

and yes shares were awarded to Family to overcome the dual Shareholding rule when he went to Stenny 

Thanks for the clarification.

Another naive question: If somebody dies, unless there's a will that specifies otherwise, do shares held in PTFC automatically go to the deceased's relatives, as happens with other items of the estate?

11 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Thanks for the clarification.

Another naive question: If somebody dies, unless there's a will that specifies otherwise, do shares held in PTFC automatically go to the deceased's relatives, as happens with other items of the estate?

Yes they would be treated the same as any other asset 

10 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Agreed - like getting a statement regards the position with the Propco Investment ~ Im assuming you agree that the Club should issue one ? 

I'm not sure what you expect (not want) it to say. If one is issued it will be either "We have our £XXX thankyou" (but ommit that we gave it to McCall who spunked it on players more shit than the shit he released) or it will say "We ****ed up and are working to put it right". The actual statement would be more bland and more wordy.

What I do think is that the club, and all parties, would have had legal and financial advice and these people will have had access to more info than you or I ever will and will assure that it is all above board, if only for the sake of their professional careers. I also believe that there is a will by all parties to complete the transfer of propco assets and to put the club into fan ownership. I do not believe that there is some sort of Machiavellian plot to destroy Partick Thistle FC. 

But then again, perhaps some posters would like a bland statement so that they can nit pick over every word to find the worst possible interpretation of anything anyone says. I'm not ready to give up on it yet, but this forum has become a very unpleasant place to be with an almost total lack of humour and no goodwill or ability to take words at face value. There is a clear vendetta against those who have or have held positions of power within the club (not just Low) and a coercion to belittle any poster who doesn't believe in their conspiracy theories (I have no doubt that I will now be the brunt of that)

As for McCall being undermined by those tweets, if he is then he is way too insecure to be a decent football manager (which he isn't)