New Chairman announced...

jagfox

On 3/19/2020 at 10:36 AM, Woodstock Jag said:

So... has the land been transferred yet?

:secret:

The answer is "No". Just checked, and title position on SCOTLIS (Scottish Land and Information Service operated by the Registers of Scotland) is still as I reported it on 29th February, so title will still be with Three Black Cats Limited

24 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

The answer is "No". Just checked, and title position on SCOTLIS (Scottish Land and Information Service operated by the Registers of Scotland) is still as I reported it on 29th February, so title will still be with Three Black Cats Limited

She will bankrupt us

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

Does not fill me with confidence about 3BC

guys....you  have read this statement... the land transfer is held up due to Colin weirs passing and tax issues associated with the ownership transfer but Colin weirs expression of wish is clear.....don’t expect anything to change until Colin weirs estate is resolved but by that time apparently we won’t exist , be bankrupt and  definitely relegated 

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/joint-update-from-the-working-group-and-three-black-cats-on-fan-ownership/

36 minutes ago, javeajag said:

guys....you  have read this statement... the land transfer is held up due to Colin weirs passing and tax issues associated with the ownership transfer but Colin weirs expression of wish is clear.....don’t expect anything to change until Colin weirs estate is resolved but by that time apparently we won’t exist , be bankrupt and  definitely relegated 

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/joint-update-from-the-working-group-and-three-black-cats-on-fan-ownership/

Has the 900k been paid?

Transfer was due to take place immediately. Colin passed away 5 weeks later.

Also we have the collection buckets out, yet whilst we had £600k in the bank at last accounts and are seeing a crisis, Falkirk had £100k yet have stated they can ride it out

44 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Has the 900k been paid?

Transfer was due to take place immediately. Colin passed away 5 weeks later.

Also we have the collection buckets out, yet whilst we had £600k in the bank at last accounts and are seeing a crisis, Falkirk had £100k yet have stated they can ride it out

It’s never going to be enough is it ? and in case you’ve missed it pretty much all of Scottish football is in crisis .....personally I blame Jacqui low 

• Like 1

Like dogs after a bone. Folk have tried being polite, jokey ways to try to get this to stop. I've had enough. Look up. The whole ******* world is in crisis. People are dying in their thousands. If you're around in a years time then lucky you, resume your point scoring exercise then.  But in the mean time just stop. Make yourself useful. Help someone in need. If you can't do that, just shut the **** up.

Edited by BowenBoys
So ******* angry that I put in an erroneous apostrophe!
  • Like 10

10 hours ago, javeajag said:

Just for the record, the statement does not say that the transfer of the land is held up by Colin Weir’s estate. In context, it more accurately explains that has delayed the transfer of shares.

It explicitly acknowledges that the delay to the transfer of land ownership was because of tax issues.

Now those tax issues may exist because of Colin Weir’s estate, but they haven’t said that.

9 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Like dogs after a bone. Folk have tried being polite, jokey ways to try to get this to stop. I've had enough. Look up. The whole ******* world is in crisis. People are dying in their thousands. If you're around in a years time then lucky you, resume your point scoring exercise then.  But in the mean time just stop. Make yourself useful. Help someone in need. If you can't do that, just shut the **** up.

Shame on you for that vitriol. We are all under stress. My job is in retail, food retail, I am facing utter cretins on a daily basis, but I dont react like you have. Grow up.

• Downvote 2

We are missing 4 match incomes from over 24 home matches (18 league, 6 cup, including 2 against Celtic)

The majority of our yearly revenue comes at start of season, through ST sales, Shirt sponsorship, stadium sponsorship, trackside advertising etc. 

In reality we are missing out on 1000 adult tickets, 100, hospitality places, 1 matchball sponsor and a match sponsor for each of the 4 games.  Say £300k less VAT and costs for match day (Policing, food, Electricity etc) whilst last year we had £5000000 revenue. 

Delaying these 4 games shouldn’t be a game changer for the club, but delaying next season would be, but pre-selling ST etc would help that eventuality .

10 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Stop being such a snowflake

• Downvote 3

17 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

This is a forum and if you've "had enough" BB, then fair enough. Nevertheless, no one is forcing you to read this thread and these posts.

Whether the posts are rubbish or not, is open to debate, which is after all is the whole point of a forum in the first place.

What is wrong with so many people these days? Why do so many seem to believe that they have some kind of divine right to shut down any debates, or points of view that they don't agree with?

Respect is a two way street. Everyone is trying to get through this the best way they can.

Not everyone wears their heart on their sleeve and to be honest, telling folk to "shut the **** up" doesn't help the situation one little bit.

Edited by AndyMac
  • Like 2

Yesterday I reached the ripe old age of 80. At 10am my house received a call from Jacqui Low, unfortunately I was out at the time, but a message was left on the phone. Just after 12o'clock I answered the phone to Jacqui Low who congratulated me on my birthday. We spoke for nearly 20 minutes just talking about the "Jags" Before we closed the call she said she would phone in a couple of weeks just to see how I was getting along in this difficult time, she also said when the footie starts again, she would try and get me up to Firhill for a birthday prezzie. This is why I support Partick Thistle. The Partick Thistle family club. Love you all.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, policemans whistle said:

Yesterday I reached the ripe old age of 80. At 10am my house received a call from Jacqui Low, unfortunately I was out at the time, but a message was left on the phone. Just after 12o'clock I answered the phone to Jacqui Low who congratulated me on my birthday. We spoke for nearly 20 minutes just talking about the "Jags" Before we closed the call she said she would phone in a couple of weeks just to see how I was getting along in this difficult time, she also said when the footie starts again, she would try and get me up to Firhill for a birthday prezzie. This is why I support Partick Thistle. The Partick Thistle family club. Love you all.

Thanks for sharing this with us,and a belated happy birthday p w.:partyhat::fan:

6 hours ago, policemans whistle said:

Many happy returns :partyhat:

Did she mention anything about the land transfer?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

From Jacqui Low

"

In the normal course of things, football is at the heart of many lives. Today, as we await the full force of the coronavirus, like many other things that used to matter, playing a game seems of little consequence.

However, the ongoing absence of football is bringing challenges to all Clubs, including Thistle. The prospect of no games – and no income – for potentially a considerable time has been the Board’s focus since the shutdown.

With the help of CEO Gerry Britton, we have considered what’s the best course of action for the Club. It has to be one that protects our long-term future but also reflects our immediate responsibilities to our employees, whether players, management, full-time office staff, ground staff, hospitality staff or part-time matchday staff. It also has to be a strategy that allows us to continue to live within our means and keeps us debt free.

Due to careful management by successive Boards, our finances are in better shape than many others. But we cannot be complacent as no one knows when football will resume.

The financial assistance offered to the Club by our fans totals just short of £35k raised in a week. That is incredible and has allowed us to consider doing things we might not otherwise have been able to. We cannot thank fans enough for their support, financial or otherwise. We are indeed Partick Thistle Family Club.

While football’s governing bodies continue to wrestle with issues from concluding this season to deciding when next season might start, we have had to focus on creating our own certainty to fulfil our obligations to everyone at the Club.

We do not want anyone to worry about their jobs or income against the current backdrop of uncertainty.

Therefore, the Board has decided that from now until the end of May (the end of the season as was), we will retain all staff across the Club on full pay.

We will look to use the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, if that is available to us, for certain groups within the Club but we will make up any difference to reflect their usual rate of pay.

If it is not, we will still honour our commitment to every employee in full. Regardless of their role at Thistle, we have an equal responsibility to each of them at this time.

Given that information is changing almost daily, our plan is to go forward in phases, continually monitoring what’s happening and making informed decisions as we go forward with the best interests of the Club as our guiding principle.

In the interim, we will continue to monitor, review and plan what comes next with a view to sharing a further update with employees and fans in May or earlier if necessary. Your support for Partick Thistle has been immense, our only request is that you look after yourselves and those you love. Stay at home, stay safe – we want you all back at Firhill when the day comes that we can play again."

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jagfox said:

From Jacqui Low

"

In the normal course of things, football is at the heart of many lives. Today, as we await the full force of the coronavirus, like many other things that used to matter, playing a game seems of little consequence.

However, the ongoing absence of football is bringing challenges to all Clubs, including Thistle. The prospect of no games – and no income – for potentially a considerable time has been the Board’s focus since the shutdown.

With the help of CEO Gerry Britton, we have considered what’s the best course of action for the Club. It has to be one that protects our long-term future but also reflects our immediate responsibilities to our employees, whether players, management, full-time office staff, ground staff, hospitality staff or part-time matchday staff. It also has to be a strategy that allows us to continue to live within our means and keeps us debt free.

Due to careful management by successive Boards, our finances are in better shape than many others. But we cannot be complacent as no one knows when football will resume.

The financial assistance offered to the Club by our fans totals just short of £35k raised in a week. That is incredible and has allowed us to consider doing things we might not otherwise have been able to. We cannot thank fans enough for their support, financial or otherwise. We are indeed Partick Thistle Family Club.

While football’s governing bodies continue to wrestle with issues from concluding this season to deciding when next season might start, we have had to focus on creating our own certainty to fulfil our obligations to everyone at the Club.

We do not want anyone to worry about their jobs or income against the current backdrop of uncertainty.

Therefore, the Board has decided that from now until the end of May (the end of the season as was), we will retain all staff across the Club on full pay.

We will look to use the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, if that is available to us, for certain groups within the Club but we will make up any difference to reflect their usual rate of pay.

If it is not, we will still honour our commitment to every employee in full. Regardless of their role at Thistle, we have an equal responsibility to each of them at this time.

Given that information is changing almost daily, our plan is to go forward in phases, continually monitoring what’s happening and making informed decisions as we go forward with the best interests of the Club as our guiding principle.

In the interim, we will continue to monitor, review and plan what comes next with a view to sharing a further update with employees and fans in May or earlier if necessary. Your support for Partick Thistle has been immense, our only request is that you look after yourselves and those you love. Stay at home, stay safe – we want you all back at Firhill when the day comes that we can play again."

Pretty great response in these circumstances