Thistle v QOS, Tuesday March 3

5 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

BBC live text had us given a penalty.  Then text changed.  "penalty" disappeared - what happened?  BBC stats are pure fiction given the number of saves QOS made.

Ref changed his mind.... it was the only way we would have scored tonight 

From text commentary:

With 8 minutes remaining Thistle looked to have been handed a chance to win the game when they were awarded a penalty but with bannigan over the ball ready to take the spot kick the referee spoke to his assistant and play restarted with a Queens free kick or an earlier offside call.

Edited by JAG1970

Awful to watch. Second half slightly better. Mayo and Rudden played decent. The rest were slow, ponderous and ineffective. We still had chances to score but kind of new that this game was destined for zero zero. Only saving grace is that QOS are as bad as us...

Just back from that.

2 awful teams, awful game, neither deserved to win.

We didn't look up for it at all, didn't have any urgency at all - zilch.

We had over a fortnight to prepare - what exactly does training involve?  Can't even shy the ball to our own man, and

as for corners- overhitting the ball more often than not.

And we're still passing sideways at best but usually backwards- "you have it, I don't want to take responsibility etc.etc.

Thought Robson actually had a good game though.

'fraid it 's looking like we're going down - have seen this all before.

Should have stayed in and watched the Chelsea/Liverpool game!

Edited by JAGSMAN1968

Mayo and Brownlie look a big improvement on McGinty and Saunders. Mayo deservedly got man of the match and I still don't know how his header didn't go in.

Rudden and Graham look a big improvement on Miller and Jones. With reasonable service they will score goals and they look like they are developing an understanding.

O'Connor didn't look comfortable as a wingback. Robson got into decent positions but his crossing was pretty poor and not once did he give Graham anything he could attack.

The starting midfield of Barjonas, Bannigan and Penrice didn't work. Penrice never looked comfortable and Barjonas is fast becoming my least favourite Thistle player. When we got Cole and Gordon on we started to offer more of a threat.

I don't think I've seen a referee award a penalty for the linesman to then pull it back for an offside that he hadn't flagged for. When you add to that he somehow booked 3 players in a game that didn't have a single bad tackle then he's not had a great night.

Failing to get 3 points tonight now makes it an imperative to win against Alloa and pick up at least 2 points from Dundee United away and Dunfermline at home. QOS looked poor and didn't offer much but equally we didn't have enough guile in midfield to break them down. I think we looked rusty and they looked bereft of confidence. It was way more important for them not to lose than it was for them to win.

I would like to see us put penrice in for robson, drop Barjonas for Cole and either start Gordon or MacKinnon.

• Like 1