Thistle v QOS, Tuesday March 3

Overall very poor. It's hard to emphasise how poor a side Queens are. A half decent side would have blown them away. Saying that we almost certainly would have won if it hadn't been for some of the worst refereeing I've ever seen. Where they actually find these imbeciles god alone knows. 

Was spitting blood when I saw Robson in the team but in fairness he played OK. Significant improvement when Cole came on. 

Robson good, Bannigan poor, no link play from defence to midfield. I actually thought at one point that we would be better if we had Cardle come on … someone with a bit of urgency and a bit of guile was required and we had nothing like that on show. [excepting Robson]

QOS are a shyte team, really poor, and we couldn't put the ball in their net ….. and remember Morton put 4 past this mob!

I fear we should be preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best.

The pity is, there are some good individual players in that Thistle team, but they simply do not play as a team.

1 minute ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Robson good, Bannigan poor, no link play from defence to midfield. I actually thought at one point that we would be better if we had Cardle come on … someone with a bit of urgency and a bit of guile was required and we had nothing like that on show. [excepting Robson]

QOS are a shyte team, really poor, and we couldn't put the ball in their net ….. and remember Morton put 4 past this mob!

I fear we should be preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best.

The pity is, there are some good individual players in that Thistle team, but they simply do not play as a team.

Agree with what you say , Robson was a threat with his pace and energy, which Penrice doesn’t give us .

Big thing for me is McCall still hasn’t figured out the best system for the players at his disposal.

McCall took over after 6 games , he should know how he wants to play , whether it’s a back 4 or a 3 at the back with wing backs and stick to it .

The season is nearly finished and we’re still messing around with different formations every other week.

How can we be so consistently incapable of beating other teams in this league, including part-time teams, even though many of them are crap, and regardless of what players and what formations we use, and also regardless of what managers and "coaching" staff we have?

Really, what makes us so consistently rotten to the point that players that were truly rotten players with us are now doing well in teams that are comfortably superior to us?

Edited by Jaggernaut

Positive is clean sheet and QoS rarely looked like scoring though any glimmer of a chance for them usually resulted from Oware clumsiness. He really doesn’t add anything to the team but don’t think McCall has it in him to drop him.

more creativity required though unfortunately don’t see where it’s coming from. 

13 minutes ago, ironfist said:

Positive is clean sheet and QoS rarely looked like scoring though any glimmer of a chance for them usually resulted from Oware clumsiness. He really doesn’t add anything to the team but don’t think McCall has it in him to drop him.

more creativity required though unfortunately don’t see where it’s coming from. 

Neither oware or bannigan have justified in the slightest this season McCalls idolising of them. Does anyone really want them to be hear next season 

6 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

Just read the explanation that McCall got about the penalty and it's nonsensical. If the linesman thinks there is an offside he has a ****** flag to raise. You can't let play go on and then reconsider your decision later. What a shambles. 

Totally agree. But the same as when you are doing well, everything goes for you. When you are doing badly nothing goes your way. We need a break and its just not happening for us. They do say you make your own luck.

6 hours ago, Muscat Jag said:

Just read the explanation that McCall got about the penalty and it's nonsensical. If the linesman thinks there is an offside he has a ****** flag to raise. You can't let play go on and then reconsider your decision later. What a shambles. 

It also sets an unfortunate precedent where a linesman for whatever reason he wants can overrule a penalty or even a goal for saying he saw offside even though he didn't raise his flag at the time. A worrying precedent indeed.

16 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Did anyone see if it was offside ? 

Looked offside to me.  Thought my angle wasn’t great.  
it may have been a shambolic but if officiating, but I suspect they got the end decision correct. Unfortunately. 

Defence solid but 3 at the back means you lose a man in midfield.  We had no one who could step out with the ball and break the lines.

LWB had width and got past his man but RWB did not do that much.

Midfield lacked creativity.  Penrice and Barjonas were poor.  Big gap between them and attack.

Forwards did not click.  I'm a traditionalist of 442 but when I see 2 forwards stranded up front it makes me think maybe its not the best as again lose a man in midfield.  We had no width and no number 10.

We really miss Scott MacDonald.  

Subs were an improvement.  Mayo looked impressive.  Keep him and drop one for 4 at the back?

30 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Did anyone see if it was offside ? 

it was offside .  Sitting in the jhs in line with play defo offside

strange team selection, midfield again, shambolic

penrice, who I rate, didn't really get into the game

robson played well, but when pushing forwards he very rarely had support from others

we continue to punt high balls up to graham and rudden

don't think Rudden won a header all night, doesn't look match fit

it's the same problem for the past couple of seasons, far too slow moving the ball forwards through midfield, and punting aimless high balls up the park

no midfield players creating openings, pushing forwards with the ball, it's all so predictable

as others have said , what do they do in training all week

with cole and gordon warming the bench at ko and watching barjonas playing, I would like to hear our managers take o n that

lastly, bannigan, think he should be rested for a wee while imho

Thought at the game he was offside and was surprised the linesman didn't flag, as you're supposed to when you think a player is off.  Highlights that I've just watched, Zannata looks onside. 

See Ruchillnomore above. 

Edited by Muscat Jag

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Were we 'terrific'in the 2nd half as the manager said?

Compared to the first half, we were better, but I can put hand on heart and say I have not seen PTFC play 'terrific' this year, or for that matter, this season!

Fox played well as did Robson, O'ware was ponderous, Bannigan needs rested, Penrice was played out of position ….. etc etc

What is becoming obvious is IMC has not worked out what is his best team

12 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Start planning for League 1. New board, new manager, new squad. McCall has done eff all on his return.

12 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

McCall has had 18 days to get this squad straining at the leash to get at QOS.

QOS will get more from than result than us especially when they had some morale seeping results in the last week while we have had only training

Very few were straining at the leash. Lethargic.

Why does Fox take so long to take a bye kick? its not chess we're playing. He waits for ages till everyone is in position then blooters it forward where it is  more than likely that a big defender, facing the ball, will win possession or at least head the ball up the pitch when it then becomes a 50/50 ball. I accept we are not good enough to play out from the back all the time but a quick ball out to a full back or out to someone free on the wing, where we can retain possession, must be a better option?

• Like 1