Dundee United v Partick Thistle

copy & paste job

Not too hopeful myself of a result tomorrow. But I think if we can play more positively, something akin to the last 30 minutes the other night, then we 're in with a chance. I realise that  coincided with Cole coming on but not sure if that was overly significant. Whatever we have to firstly play in the midfield far more often and secondly and more importantly play them in at a far higher pace. 

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

copy & paste job

Not too hopeful myself of a result tomorrow. But I think if we can play more positively, something akin to the last 30 minutes the other night, then we 're in with a chance. I realise that  coincided with Cole coming on but not sure if that was overly significant. Whatever we have to firstly play in the midfield far more often and secondly and more importantly play them in at a far higher pace. 

Agreed, also ….. play at a much higher pace, ensure passes are completed, ensure quality of the outball is accurate and to the correct player, get the GK to distribute not just hump a hopeful punt from the 18 yard box.

All of the above and hope DUFC play shyte

Teams that have been successful against DU have managed to cut off the supply to Shankland.

This means: 

1. our midfield cancelling out their midfield and

2. our full-backs dominating  their wide players to cut off crosses into Shankland and forcing  them in-field to present a narrow attack to our defence - can we do this? 

Unfortunately our central defence hasn't been great this season! 

In short we have to defend like supermen and hope their poor form of recent games continues. 

1 hour ago, policemans whistle said:

This is like pulling teeth. We are playing top of the league and a Friday night before the game all we can get is three posts. Thistle to win easing up

I think it's more a sign that many jags fans can be arsed with the remainder of the season - apathy is contagious. 

My thoughts echo Norge's entirely.

I think they are 8th in the last 6 game form table whilst we are 9th. United fans think Neilson is too defensive. Hopefully tomorrow is not the day all that changes. 

as others have said , Coke transformed our creativity when he came on against queens and so I hope he starts. 

2 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

I think it's more a sign that many jags fans can be arsed with the remainder of the season - apathy is contagious. 

My thoughts echo Norge's entirely.

Think you’re right, apathy has set in , no thanks to the people involved in our Club at the moment.

Don’t think there is one player in our team at the moment who I could say I would look forward to see playing , been there before under Campbell etc and I’m sure the supporters will  get the enthusiasm back at some point . Respect to all the fans who go to Tannadice tomorrow in the current circumstances.

A flat back 4 please!

Neither O’Connor or Penrice threaten anyway so let them defend.

A protector sitting in front of them (McKinnon?) should negate the supply.

1 up front with Gordon and Cole busting a gut to support. Ok there’s no width but if Williamson ain’t fit nobody can play  wide anyway.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

A flat back 4 please!

I doubt you will get your wish. The defence was a fair bit better on Tuesday. It also gave us more physicality for attacking and defending set-pieces.

While they didn't have the best of games it also allows Graham and Rudden to team up.

I agree about the full backs though. We need to cut off the supply to Tefal Dome and we're suspect defensively in that area.

First goal is crucial; take the lead and we may just be capable of digging in and frustrating the home team and fans who are on a relatively poor run last 5 games.

If they score first I think it peters out to a 2/3 -0 home win.

We need a big result to kick start this awful season. No better place to do that...

MTJ