Dundee United v Partick Thistle

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

McCall showing now he hasn't got a clue how to fix this mess. Crap chairman, crap board, crap manager, crap team. Times are good.

Disappointed in McCall , thought he would have done better , should have focused on more pace in the team , set formation and maybe more of a physicality , he’s addressed none of these issues with the resources we’ve got .

IMO the jury is out on him 

5 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

A clean sheet in his last game though?

We rightly moan all season on here about the lack of clean sheets.

We finally get one and people still want the keeper dropped??

Think about it.

Jesus Barney. Look at the bigger picture. We faced a side who offered even less than we did, I could probably have had a clean sheet.

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Disappointed in McCall , thought he would have done better , should have focused on more pace in the team , set formation and maybe more of a physicality , he’s addressed none of these issues with the resources we’ve got .

IMO the jury is out on him 

Maybe he is looking long term. Building a team to win League 1. Although half of this mob probably wont be at Firhill next season.

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End said:

Maybe he is looking long term. Building a team to win League 1. Although half of this mob probably wont be at Firhill next season.

No guarantee if we go down again, that we will come straight back up. He was brought in to keep us up. He was given 30 games to do so.

7 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Jesus Barney. Look at the bigger picture. We faced a side who offered even less than we did, I could probably have had a clean sheet.

Not denying that GRE.

The point is - dropping a goalkeeper after his first clean sheet of the season (and one which Scott Fox did well to preserve) is neither a good message or good management.

Anyway, it's now spurious. No clean sheet today so get Sneddon in for the next game pronto.

Edited by Barney Rubble
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Not denying that GRE.

The point is - dropping a goalkeeper after his first clean sheet of the season (and one which Scott Fox did well to preserve) is neither a good message or good management.

In fairness to GRE , Fox should have been dropped long before now .

3 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

No guarantee if we go down again, that we will come straight back up. He was brought in to keep us up. He was given 30 games to do so.

I’m sure his remit was a play off place , not keeping us up , if we get out of this it’ll be a miracle.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

A clean sheet in his last game though?

We rightly moan all season on here about the lack of clean sheets.

We finally get one and people still want the keeper dropped??

Think about it.

And what about the games before Tuesday? I’d have dropped him long before then. Don’t rate him at all. And he’s not got a clean sheet today has he?

I get wanting to drop Fox. I don't get why people think Sneddon is better.

Didn't think Fox was a great signing by Caldwell but Sneddon looked very raw whenever I've seen him.

We look like Falkirk last year. A club where the supporters and the board are going in opposite directions and a manager trying to salvage a mess.

If results stay the same we will be a lot of bother.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, its4nothing! said:

Looking Grim. But  the way things have been the last couple of years,  it would have been a miracle to turn around. Is it the mentality of the players, is it the Management Team or both that has got us into this mess?

Disorder at an organisation starts at the top. Bad leadership at the top filters down to poor performance and outcomes at the bottom.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, laukat said:

I get wanting to drop Fox. I don't get why people think Sneddon is better.

Didn't think Fox was a great signing by Caldwell but Sneddon looked very raw whenever I've seen him.

We look like Falkirk last year. A club where the supporters and the board are going in opposite directions and a manager trying to salvage a mess.

If results stay the same we will be a lot of bother.

We are in a lot of bother right now. We haven't looked like winning a game for just about all season. We are definitely going down automatically. I get the impression that McCall thought he just had to turn up at his 'beloved' Thistle and it would all fall into place. Afraid not. And I am as guilty as thinking the same way.

• Like 1

Just now, Garscube Road End said:

We are in a lot of bother right now. We haven't looked like winning a game for just about all season. We are definitely going down automatically. I get the impression that McCall thought he just had to turn up at his 'beloved' Thistle and it would all fall into place. Afraid not. And I am as guilty as thinking the same way.

Agree with all of this.

We have manifestly failed to take on board the lessons from getting out of jail last season. We've rinsed and repeated.