Dundee United v Partick Thistle

Let's not get deluded about getting a "great result" today.. Since Utd beat us 4-1 they have played 7 league games and won just once...  so whilst they are the best team in the league they're clearly running below their earlier season form...  I'm not taking away from us getting a point today but we need wins, and as I've pointed out above we aren't scoring enough goals....  

Maybe being undefeated in two games will give some of our players confidence going into two critical home games this week, but let's have a sense of balance about our position (still bottom) having gained a point against a Utd team clearly not in top gear for the last 7 games, and having fallen a further two points behind part time Alloa. 

We need WINS and we need them NOW. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAG1970 said:

Let's not get deluded about getting a "great result" today.. Since Utd beat us 4-1 they have played 7 league games and won just once...  so whilst they are the best team in the league they're clearly running below their earlier season form...  I'm not taking away from us getting a point today but we need wins, and as I've pointed out above we aren't scoring enough goals....  

Maybe being undefeated in two games will give some of our players confidence going into two critical home games this week, but let's have a sense of balance about our position (still bottom) having gained a point against a Utd team clearly not in top gear for the last 7 games, and having fallen a further two points behind part time Alloa. 

We need WINS and we need them NOW. 

We do need wins, that's a given.

Hamilton need wins too. Did their result at Ibrox the other night mean less because Sevco are 'clearly running below their earlier season form'?

Today was a good result for us, so let's accept it as such.

34 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Good result. At start of week I thought we would get 3 points.....so not a disaster. But we are in the mire. I still think there will be twists and turns to come. Could be last day knee trembler again. 

love a knee trembler ( if my memory serves me right!).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

We do need wins, that's a given.

Hamilton need wins too. Did their result at Ibrox the other night mean less because Sevco are 'clearly running below their earlier season form'?

Today was a good result for us, so let's accept it as such.

The difference is Hamilton WON and we didn't win today...   

Today's result is only good if we can start scoring goals and getting victories.  Failure to beat Alloa on Saturday and we can forget about finishing 8th. IMO. 

Edited by JAG1970

10 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

The next two games which are both at home are going to be crucial so let's hope a couple of draws have given the players some confidence heading in to them.

12 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

The next two games which are both at home are going to be crucial so let's hope a couple of draws have given the players some confidence heading in to them.

Not sure playing at home is an advantage to us.

Firhill  has ( understandably) been  very quiet recently with a general air of apprehension about the place.

1 minute ago, JAG1970 said:

The difference is Hamilton WON and we didn't win today...   

Today's result is only good if we can start scoring goals and getting victories.  Failure to beat Alloa on Saturday and we can forget about finishing 8th. 

I'll worry about that next Saturday morning.

Meantime I'll enjoy today's result as an unexpected bonus.

Your view of the same result may vary completely to mine. That's the beauty of opinions.

Just heard IMC on the radio... they heavily edited it into a compressed 30secs but one thing he said (and I'm doing my best to get the quotation correct) "we will be fine in the long term, my record shows that"...….    The word "long" sticks out...… 

Anyway, here's hoping we get our first victory of 2020 on Tuesday at the 10th attempt and then they come like buses after that.... 

13 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Just heard IMC on the radio... they heavily edited it into a compressed 30secs but one thing he said (and I'm doing my best to get the quotation correct) "we will be fine in the long term, my record shows that"...….    The word "long" sticks out...… 

Anyway, here's hoping we get our first victory of 2020 on Tuesday at the 10th attempt and then they come like buses after that.... 

And hopefully our first victory of the season against Dunfermline- we should be looking for revenge against a team we have conceded 8 goals against in 2 games 

Lot happier at full time than I was at half time. Feel we deserved the draw. Defended reasonably well today. That's another hour or so the Graham / Rudden partnership has under its belt so hopefully we'll see something positive develop upfront. Repeating myself I know but we still won't play thru midfield preferring to try and win second balls off long punts. So our best hopes are the current three at the back shore up defence and Rudden and/or Graham can score off the long game.

Main thing tho' was getting a point and a noticeable improvement re the combative part of the game.

Halftime today we looked pretty much relegated so to be no futher behind QOS after a visit to Dundee United is ok in that context.

We really need a win against Dunfermline on Tuesday which would in turn setup a huge game against Alloa. Dunfermline will still be without Nesbit so I don't expect them to score more than 1. We could really do with Rudden and Graham getting off the mark.

For those that went how was Gordon at RWB? I didn't think O'Conner looked comfortable a RWB so if we're going to play 3-5-2 we could do with a better option.

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

Take your dark glasses off and have a look at this very thread Javeajag 2.

Oh yes?

"McCall showing now he hasn't got a clue how to fix this mess. Crap chairman, crap board, crap manager, crap team. Times are good"

That was you earlier this afternoon was it not?

What a loyal committed supporter you are. Bet the club wish they had more like you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

Despite a point we fall further behind Alloa…    increasingly they look good enough to avoid the bottom two places. 

For all the talk about Fox being a liability it's noticeable since that start of the year we have scored just 5 goals in 7 league matches, two of which I think were penalties... so we aint scoring enough to stay up..  

… and just to rub it in Sean McGinty scores a last min equaliser to salvage a point for Morton.

We haven't scored enough for years. Maybe not since the championship winning season.

52 minutes ago, Emsca said:

Oh yes?

"McCall showing now he hasn't got a clue how to fix this mess. Crap chairman, crap board, crap manager, crap team. Times are good"

That was you earlier this afternoon was it not?

What a loyal committed supporter you are. Bet the club wish they had more like you.

Extremely selective. Traits of someone in denial of the truth.

3 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Anyway, winning our remaining games is the objective.  If we can manage that in at least half the remaining fixtures we'll be fine.

True

But not a shred of evidence to suggest it will happen

We will be relying on Queens being marginally more crap than us then looking for some luck in a play off

4 minutes ago, thebiglemon said:

True

But not a shred of evidence to suggest it will happen

We will be relying on Queens being marginally more crap than us then looking for some luck in a play off

Rely on ourselves first and foremost.

Win our games, we're safe irrespective of other results.

Look forward rather than back.

And yes I know that's being idealistic.