Sign in to follow this  
ARu-Strathbungo

Dools, Tam Cowan, Roughie interview

Interesting to hear how McCall used public shaming of players. You would imagine those days, even then, were long over. Doolan's explanation of Simon Donnelly's play when Doolan joined was also fascinating. Donnelly was one of the most talented players ever at the club.

Why did Tam and Roughie keep looking away from the camera with a worried look on their faces towards the end of the podcast? I thought that maybe Garry Caldwell had come into the studio to throttle Dools for being so honest about the way he was treated!!

Edited by Duncan Tom

On 3/11/2020 at 11:03 AM, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Thanks for the link , thought Dools came across really well .Regardless  of what people think he can still do on the park, he should have been back at the Club in January in some capacity  rather than the deadwood Old Firm loanees who have no real feeling for our Club.

I think he would have helped in the dressing room to get everyone onside and help spark our season again and maybe get rid of some of the apathy amongst our supporters who have almost given up , only 1700 PTFC fans at the Dunfermline game which is absolutely shocking.

Surely there must be a role somewhere at our Club for someone who gave so much on and off the park and who was/is a fantastic role for our young players.

• Like 2

Roughie throwing a large stool into a bath of mocking team mates was a particular low-light.

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

Roughie throwing a large stool into a bath of mocking team mates was a particular low-light.

Is it true, or just a story? In either case, agreement about it being a low point.

16 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Is it true, or just a story? In either case, agreement about it being a low point.

He told it directly!

19 hours ago, jagfox said:

He told it directly!

I know, but some folk make up stories "just for fun." 

But I suspect that this one actually did happen. Not Roughie's finest moment.

A  good watch, but it annoyed me that some stories weren't finished when others cut in with their 'amusing' stories.

Did Roughie really have 16000 at his testimonial?