What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

2 hours ago, Emsca said:

No the authorities will be concentrating on :-

1) Making sure Celtic are crowned champions so that the 9/10 in a row saga is prolonged.

2) Any solution maintains the maximum number of OF games.

3) Hearts and Dundee Untd are playing in the top division .

Sporting integrity , fairness , what is just etc will come way down the list after making sure  firstly  that the Ugly sisters then the TV companies are on board with what is agreed.

I would have thought that around 50% of the authorities would be looking to ensure that Celtic are not crowned champions

On 3/16/2020 at 4:04 PM, delurker said:

The club better be getting ready to fight our corner; I have zero confidence we will not end up getting shafted here.

Will not be happy if we roll over meekly and accept going down for some woolly 'greater good of the game' notion.

I would also be arguing the point that as we avoided relegation in our final game of the season, there is no way they can automatically relegate us with 8 games still to play.

7 minutes ago, sandbank boy said:

I would also be arguing the point that as we avoided relegation in our final game of the season, there is no way they can automatically relegate us with 8 games still to play.

We have 9 games left. We sill have 25% of the season to play. If a game had to be abandoned in the 68th minute, which is 25% short of the regulation time the result would not stand. So with 25% of the league still to play, the current standings should not stand as the final tables.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Emsca said:

Thanks Barney- I can do irony;  sarcasm; humour, the whole gambit really. Just can't sing.

Hope Betty is looking after you during these troubling times.

Was informed only an hour ago the the British Embassy has arranged an evacuation flight out of Podgorica to Gatwick tomorrow - which is a relief as I'd rather be back home to be in the vicinity of my 91 year old mother. Grateful to the universe for that one.

Hope you Emsca and all Jags fans here and everywhere are managing to cope in these unprecedented circumstances, and even more so that we all get out of this at the other end sane and safe..

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Was informed only an hour ago the the British Embassy has arranged an evacuation flight out of Podgorica to Gatwick tomorrow - which is a relief as I'd rather be back home to be in the vicinity of my 91 year old mother. Grateful to the universe for that one.

Hope you Emsca and all Jags fans here and everywhere are managing to cope in these unprecedented circumstances, and even more so that we all get out of this at the other end sane and safe..

Some might say if i come out this sane it will have improved me.  Seriously all the best to you and yours BR and extra special wishes to your 91 years young mum.

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Emsca said:

No the authorities will be concentrating on :-

1) Making sure Celtic are crowned champions so that the 9/10 in a row saga is prolonged.

2) Any solution maintains the maximum number of OF games.

3) Hearts and Dundee Untd are playing in the top division .

Sporting integrity , fairness , what is just etc will come way down the list after making sure  firstly  that the Ugly sisters then the TV companies are on board with what is agreed.

The cynic in me agrees with you. In terms of sporting fairness, to me the only 2 options are void the whole season or restart it from it's current point whenever football can be played again. Coincidentally I think both these options would be in Thistle's favour.

To have Hearts and Dundee Utd in the top flight they would need to have league reconstruction with no relegation. Ultimately I think this would work in Thistle's favour too with no relegation from the Championship.

My gut feeling is that with all the most likely options, we won't be relegated. Which I think also happens to be fair.

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Not entirely sure if this is effecting a precedent but I see Brora Rangers have been awarded the Highland League Championship. 

Would I be right in saying that there is no relegation from the Highland League, so no one really suffers by calling it now?

I understand that Brora were absolutely miles ahead, so their potentially challenging clubs were bighearted enough to concede early and not insist on it all being played out (a bit like a golfer conceding a short putt). 

So not directly equivalent to the situation in any of the SPFL divisions.

Straying off topic, I refuse to use Donald Trump jelly moulds as I do not want to set a president. :getmecoat:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Would I be right in saying that there is no relegation from the Highland League, so no one really suffers by calling it now?

I understand that Brora were absolutely miles ahead, so their potentially challenging clubs were bighearted enough to concede early and not insist on it all being played out (a bit like a golfer conceding a short putt). 

So not directly equivalent to the situation in any of the SPFL divisions.

Straying off topic, I refuse to use Donald Trump jelly moulds as I do not want to set a president. :getmecoat:

You are correct there is no relegation. Fraserburgh,Rothes and Buckie Thistle could have overtaken them in the league, but only if Brora had lost all of their games.

Think the season is null and void , they’re talking about the peak of the pandemic is going to be June . Though we all love our Club , the most important thing is for us and our families all to remain healthy.

Once this is all over, we can start debating why Foxy doesn’t come off his line !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

I think the season should be null and void. Even if they say the season isnt null and void and we are relegated as it stands we need to move on and end this confusion.  Bugger football. The nations health is foremost 

But what would the nation argue about while sitting at home bored?