What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

More conference calls tomorrow, we need to fight our corner. We still have 9 games left to play. Yes we are bottom of the league, but we have a game in hand which if we won we wouldn't be bottom. Yes we have been very poor, but with still a 1/4 of the season to play and games against the teams round about us we could still get out of it.

15 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

More conference calls tomorrow, we need to fight our corner. We still have 9 games left to play. Yes we are bottom of the league, but we have a game in hand which if we won we wouldn't be bottom. Yes we have been very poor, but with still a 1/4 of the season to play and games against the teams round about us we could still get out of it.

I have zero confidence in Thistle getting off the bottom of the table at all. How many chances have they had and haven't taken them? They just dont have the players with enough guts to fight it to the death.  

I think the best way would  be to postpone the leagues till it is possible to play the games. The English medical officer has said the curve should level out this week and Scotland's curve in about 2 weeks time. Norway will start to ease lockdown from the 28th of April and the British racing community hope to start flat racing behind closed doors from the first of May.  Using that as a guide, it may be possible to start playing games behind closed doors in late May or early June. 

34 minutes ago, policemans whistle said:

I think the best way would  be to postpone the leagues till it is possible to play the games. The English medical officer has said the curve should level out this week and Scotland's curve in about 2 weeks time. Norway will start to ease lockdown from the 28th of April and the British racing community hope to start flat racing behind closed doors from the first of May.  Using that as a guide, it may be possible to start playing games behind closed doors in late May or early June. 

Do you seriously believe any of that will happen?

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End said:

I have zero confidence in Thistle getting off the bottom of the table at all. How many chances have they had and haven't taken them? They just dont have the players with enough guts to fight it to the death.  

Quell surprise.!

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

I dont think that you were watching the last 2 games before the shutdown G.R.E.    there was a big improvement  a lot more fight ,desire ,heart ... 

I am sure i have read/heard that closed doors games have been ruled out. Reasons include, emergency services still required,players ,officials safety could not be guaranteed and crowds of supporters would still gather outside grounds. Would be surprised if there is any football in Scotland before September/October at the earliest. Once again i say it would not be right to relegate us for the reason's i have already stated in this thread. League reconstruction best way out of it. 

10 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I am sure i have read/heard that closed doors games have been ruled out. Reasons include, emergency services still required,players ,officials safety could not be guaranteed and crowds of supporters would still gather outside grounds. Would be surprised if there is any football in Scotland before September/October at the earliest. Once again i say it would not be right to relegate us for the reason's i have already stated in this thread. League reconstruction best way out of it. 

League reconstruction would be preferable, but unless the 2 scumbags want it, then you can forget it. We should just abandon the season, accept the leagues as they are and we take our fate in League One next season.

It pains me to say it, but let’s be honest - we’ve been by far the worst team in the league this season and deserve to be relegated. You can talk about improvement in last 2 games all you want but we didn’t win them. And that’s what counts.

59 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

League reconstruction would be preferable, but unless the 2 scumbags want it, then you can forget it. We should just abandon the season, accept the leagues as they are and we take our fate in League One next season.

Might be easier to take our fate if we had played the same amount of games as QOS and still behind them. Although i still feel all league positions should only stand when the season has been completed by every team playing the amount of games decided on before the season started.  Remember our game in hand is against ICT a team we have beaten in 2 out of 2 games this season. Any way no matter what happens lets hope we are all fit and able enough to get back to Firhill, whenever that is.

5 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Many other teams have made dramatic late recoveries in the past, so why not us?

8 hours ago, Big Col said:

It pains me to say it, but let’s be honest - we’ve been by far the worst team in the league this season and deserve to be relegated. You can talk about improvement in last 2 games all you want but we didn’t win them. And that’s what counts.

You don’t deserve to be relegated until all the games are played. 

9 hours ago, Big Col said:

Can't bring myself to "like" but I do agree. If the season can't be finished then calling it on current points average is more valid than declaring a season that is 3/4 complete as void. In my opinion.