What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

8 minutes ago, Hankey said:

Sue, sue and sue. I don't even care if we lose. Just make it awkward for them. I will happily give a few bob to crowdfund the legal fees and I know I am not alone from people I have spoken to, and get decent lawyers, not just giving some Lionel Hutz who is a friend of a board member or a sponsor a bit of business. 

So who do we sue exactly? The 75% of clubs who will have voted for this if it goes through? We don't like the outcome of a vote your honour, so please can you overturn it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scotty said:

So who do we sue exactly? The 75% of clubs who will have voted for this if it goes through? We don't like the outcome of a vote your honour, so please can you overturn it?

That’s what you get legal advice for in the first instance to find that out 

I'm not surprised the SPL are trying this. I would just like to know from our chairman or chief exec that we're going to vote against and not going to get extra nice points by taking  one to help the wider footballing community.

Either Null and void or come up with a method both lockdown that bring a result to the season on the park. If that means a shorter 20/21 season or larger leagues then so be it.

I don't really see a problem with a shorter season. If, say, the 2019-2020 season finished on the run up to Christmas, then the 2020-2021 season starts in January and finishes in May 2021. The teams have continuous football from the re-start, possibly Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday games.

We won't sue we are weak. We will do the usual and release a strongly worded statement stating we shall not lie down and will fight it all the way and then do what we are told! Jackie will then put some shit spin on it saying because we are Partick Thistle Family Club that we will go up and down the country to far off outposts and seasides telling everyone about the gospel of Miss Low and how great she is.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

We won't sue we are weak. We will do the usual and release a strongly worded statement stating we shall not lie down and will fight it all the way and then do what we are told! Jackie will then put some shit spin on it saying because we are Partick Thistle Family Club that we will go up and down the country to far off outposts and seasides telling everyone about the gospel of Miss Low and how great she is.

You just need to read some of the replies on this thread to see how gutless and weak minded Thistle fans are. Aye let's just get on with it because other clubs also voted to suit themselves even if it costs us our league place and a fortune. We don't want any trouble!

Nevermind the absolute carnival added on because they are scared to make a decision concerning the arse cheeks. We are just a wee diddy easy touch, we'll do as we're told. The fans have said as much on here.

Edited by Hankey

Most club's will vote to agree this as it means they avoid relegation, the only possible folk who could side with us are other club's in the relegation spots or those who think they should be much higher up (and therefore should get more cash!).

I'd bet that most would just accept it as they could go further down or into relegation if more games are played.  Self preservation will suit 90%, especially where the league title is almost certainly tied up.

Proves yet again that it's Muppets in charge of the leagues if they've come up with this rot!

...they have. 

We have been rank rotten for going on four years. Calamity in the boardroom. An ousted chairman returns. Board members who contribute nothing. Club legends treated like utter dirt. Rumours of financial mismanagement from official sources at the club. And the response from the fans? ...Crickets. A wee mumble and grumble. But unlike other sides, was there protests outside the stadium? No. Protests inside the stadium? No. Coordinated action from the fans? Erm, no. 

So lets not kid ourselves that either the fans or the board will mount some caviller effort to overturn any decision made by the SPFL and its associated clubs. Sorry. Might sound harsh. But that's the simple fact of the matter.  

Edited by Yellow & Redneck
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hankey said:

You just need to read some of the replies on this thread to see how gutless and weak minded Thistle fans are. Aye let's just get on with it because other clubs also voted to suit themselves even if it costs us our league place and a fortune. We don't want any trouble!

Nevermind the absolute carnival added on because they are scared to make a decision concerning the arse cheeks. We are just a wee diddy easy touch, we'll do as we're told. The fans have said as much on here.

More that we have enough things to worry about with fan ownership, financial stability and sorting out the mess of a first team. We need to concentrate on the battles we can win, rather than be distracted by ones that we can't

There’s absolutely nothing to suggest the team would have miraculously conjured up the skill and guts required to get us out of the relegation position. When we played against QoS we couldn’t score never mind win. At least this way it’s quick and easy and saves us from the mental torture and associated high blood pressure of going or games for the predictable outcome of a draw or loss.

Edited by Big Col

I would hazard a guess most league 1 teams especially the more regional ones like Clyde, Airdrie, Falkirk will want us at their party for the support we would bring.  Hopefully something we would not do if they vote against us.  Does anyone know if who voted what will be public?

I think the timing of this is quite interesting.

What happens if we get relagated but one of the clubs above us go into administration the following day? Why force a decision by end of next week when the season wasn't due to end until May?

Might just be me bit I think Sevco deferring wages at the start of the week, the SPL are trying to declare the season over and complete by the end of the week are linked. Smacks of award the european slots before Sevco go into admin and potentially miss out on a place.

3 minutes ago, laukat said:

I think the timing of this is quite interesting.

What happens if we get relagated but one of the clubs above us go into administration the following day? Why force a decision by end of next week when the season wasn't due to end until May?

Might just be me bit I think Sevco deferring wages at the start of the week, the SPL are trying to declare the season over and complete by the end of the week are linked. Smacks of award the european slots before Sevco go into admin and potentially miss out on a place.

I'm not sure that they are that close. They have just started to relay the pitch at Ibrox, which I'm sure they wouldn't be doing if things were desperate.

2 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm not sure that they are that close. They have just started to relay the pitch at Ibrox, which I'm sure they wouldn't be doing if things were desperate.

I don't think you'll see Sevco go into Administration in the next couple of weeks however by defferring wages for 3 months they've given a clear indication of when the financial problems are going to come home to roost at Ibrox.

Still can't see a reason for having to make a decision by next Friday other than to try and provide Uefa an example of what the SFA would like  to happen so they can allocate european competition slots.

Also if we declare season over and complete how do you apply that to the Scottish Cup? Do Celtic get that as well because they would have probably won it anyway?

25 minutes ago, elevenone said:

I would hazard a guess most league 1 teams especially the more regional ones like Clyde, Airdrie, Falkirk will want us at their party for the support we would bring.  Hopefully something we would not do if they vote against us.  Does anyone know if who voted what will be public?

Falkirk fans don’t as the current standing doesn’t suit them - it suits Raith. And Falkirk fans see us a fly in the ointment to them winning the league next season.

clyde of course will vote for us to go down, however I would give serious thought to boycotting the teams that have shafted us

27 minutes ago, Big Col said:

There’s absolutely nothing to suggest the team would have miraculously conjured up the skill and guts required to get us out of the relegation position. When we played against QoS we couldn’t score never mind win. At least this way it’s quick and easy and saves us from the mental torture and associated high blood pressure of going or games for the predictable outcome of a draw or loss.

By that reasoning why do we bother at all?. Lets just wind the club up , sell the ground and we can all find something else to do on a Saturday.

This is typical Thistle mentality, lets just accept getting shat on for the good of "Scottish Football".

No we have not been good enough so far this season , but as others have said there were signs of improvement. We could well have strung a few results together and got out of trouble  - You don't know and neither do I but  I certainly wasn't giving up .

Why has the SPL decision been delayed? Why is that more complicated? Because they know the arse cheeks and Hearts will not just meekly accept something that prejudices them " for the sake of the whole of Scottish Football".

18 minutes ago, sandy said:

Sadly, we just weren’t good enough to get off the bottom of the league; the potential consequences of that may now seem harsh, but had we played better in a couple of games we wouldn’t have been here now.

No shit Sherlock

Following today’s SPFL announcement, Partick Thistle FC will simply not accept this proposal as it stands. We believe that the proposal requires significantly more discussion, scrutiny and debate before any vote can be taken. We are now engaging with others to amend the proposal to identify a fairer and more equitable solution to address a number of inequalities it throws up.

At an unprecedented time for football, we believe that it doesn’t meet the basic principle that no club should be left worse off by this important decision. It also seems to link acceptance of the proposal before payments can be made to hard-pressed clubs but, in our opinion, the two things do not need to be linked. Money to clubs is a priority, the proposal could be debated in slower time.

• Like 1