What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

It depends on ‘normal’....most countries want to get past Easter then begin phase 2......Austria, Denmark Sweden Spain and Italy already beginning this ( 5 week lockdowns looks an average) U.K. govt looking at opening primary schools ( looks like young kids don’t even get the virus ) and getting younger people back to some kind of work 

interestingly Jet2 say they will restart flying in June 17 

so normal could be games behind close doors in June 

Will we be in a position to provide emergency services for behind closed doors games?

4 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

We have no choice but to accept any democratic vote my our fellow members. That's what every club signs up for 

It’s totally weak governance by Neil Doncaster and I’m going to include Ian Maxwell in this as well to pass the buck on decision making for the good of Scottish Football and handing it to the Clubs 

Any vote by the Clubs is going to be purely down to self interest not for the good of our game . Not sure where sporting integrity comes into it as well when teams haven’t played the same number of games .

Hope Maxie grows a pair and fights our case but I’m not hopeful.

17 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I don't get why they are saying if it is voted through they will then discuss league construction. why can't we start with that?

Because it's a con; it's bait to convince everybody to vote it through. Then reconstruction will be 'discussed' and rejected by the Prem teams who don't want to dilute their share of revenue.

Regrettably I fear that the majority of chairmen/boards will just see the dangled carrot of instant access to the cash - where's the much vaunted 'sporting integrity' in that? -  and vote for that. The consequences of doing so will not be given a second thought.

As other posters have said it's also a disgustingly twisted way Doncaster et al have thought up to get the clubs to dirty work of decision making. Rather than coming up with a workable plan (of either voiding the season or reconstruction) and getting the clubs on board they have spent the time in working out this crap scheme & damage limitation to their own f**ked up organisation.  

Edited by gianlucatoni

43 minutes ago, javeajag said:

It depends on ‘normal’....most countries want to get past Easter then begin phase 2......Austria, Denmark Sweden Spain and Italy already beginning this ( 5 week lockdowns looks an average) U.K. govt looking at opening primary schools ( looks like young kids don’t even get the virus ) and getting younger people back to some kind of work 

Everything you have said is subject to a big question mark … what politician would think to open the schools only to find that the corona virus has yet again mutated and starts to infect younger kids? The government we have now is hardly the most intelligent, but they are savvy, streetwise and cunning enough know that any relaxation must be a  Europe wide decision.

Regarding football …. at what point do you allow football matches to proceed if you are trying to enforce social distancing? Could you consider a contact sport like football to go ahead even if it is behind closed doors

Jet2 can announce any 'resumptions of services' date they want, if the European governments say there is a ban on all but essential flights they will go nowhere. 

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

It’s totally weak governance by Neil Doncaster and I’m going to include Ian Maxwell in this as well to pass the buck on decision making for the good of Scottish Football and handing it to the Clubs 

Any vote by the Clubs is going to be purely down to self interest not for the good of our game . Not sure where sporting integrity comes into it as well when teams haven’t played the same number of games .

Hope Maxie grows a pair and fights our case but I’m not hopeful.

And if we were 9th and QotS 10th, would we be voting for sporting integrity or self interest ?

The fact is that we don't know where this virus is going and until we know what the exit plan is, it is foolish to decide what to do about the current season. I understand the need to distribute cash to keep clubs afloat, but there must be another way to do that while keeping the current season open until we know more. 

43 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Everything you have said is subject to a big question mark … what politician would think to open the schools only to find that the corona virus has yet again mutated and starts to infect younger kids? The government we have now is hardly the most intelligent, but they are savvy, streetwise and cunning enough know that any relaxation must be a  Europe wide decision.

Regarding football …. at what point do you allow football matches to proceed if you are trying to enforce social distancing? Could you consider a contact sport like football to go ahead even if it is behind closed doors

Jet2 can announce any 'resumptions of services' date they want, if the European governments say there is a ban on all but essential flights they will go nowhere. 

Of course you have a point....I’m just pointing out things can change....schools in Denmark re open next week, schools in Sweden have never shut , Spain its ending its lockdown from April 26 etc etc 

if the U.K. govt wants younger people to get back to work then who knows Where we will be in June 

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Of course you have a point....I’m just pointing out things can change....schools in Denmark re open next week, schools in Sweden have never shut , Spain its ending its lockdown from April 26 etc etc 

if the U.K. govt wants younger people to get back to work then who knows Where we will be in June 

And if countries start lifting lockdown and infection rates start rising resulting in the lockdowns being brought back, who knows where we will be in June 2021.

7 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

And if countries start lifting lockdown and infection rates start rising resulting in the lockdowns being brought back, who knows where we will be in June 2021.

Sure .....but by there  will be probably be a vaccine .....anyway the virus is everywhere now so by then the dreaded herd immunity will be in place 

I was hoping for a restructuring- at least in the interim.  Three leagues of 14.  Something a wee bit different to look forward to after all this gloom.

However if they are going to call it, we have been dire all year and never found ways to win games we should have.  home form was definitely abysmal.   
If they find a way to keep Hearts up though that will be a farce.

Still hopeful - but look forward to any kind of football coming our way

16 minutes ago, javeajag said:

For sure the whole situation can change, it could change for the worst, but hopefully it will change for the better.

What I think may happen is there will be a 'new normal', but within that 'new normal' I don't think the UK will be anything like the country we remember from before Covid-19.

I think we need to have a vaccine created, tested and distributed worldwide before we really get back to what we all remember as normal.

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

This is simply not true. Posting this sort of nonsense is dangerous.

• Like 1