What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

48 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Vote yes you get your share of the money. 

Vote no you don't get your share of the money. 

For the SPFL it's called following the rules to almost everyone else itsc alled blackmail! 

Are you sure that's right?

When we vote No, but it gets passed because  other Clubs vote in favour , we are denied our share of the money?

Even for the SPFL I cannot believe that .

Other than playing the season out at some point, there is only one other way I'd see fit to arrive at an outcome.

That involves the hiring of a company who could provide the final positions based upon an algorithm, written to consider the final games.

It could consider current position, weight the outcome by more recent form, form against teams left to play, home and away form, injuries to key players etc.

I'd rather see the games played but would feel less cheated if a company outside of Scotland did the above.

To simply call it quits without considering the remaining games in any way, is just wrong. 

3 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Vote yes you get your share of the money. 

Vote no you don't get your share of the money. 

For the SPFL it's called following the rules to almost everyone else itsc alled blackmail! 

Very clear that, by declaring that there'll be no football before June, SPFL have strong-armed clubs into supporting the proposal, to get the prize money they need to help them survive. 
Absolutely shameful behaviour by Doncaster, SPFL et al, but no surprise there.  
We'll go down, and need to concentrate on getting back up asap.  Alongside that, we need to remember the member clubs who sold out 'sporting integrity' in favour of the money.

I understand why they have voted out of self interest, but,  having thrown PTFC under the bus,  they shouldn't be surprised that people like me will never set foot in their grounds in the future.  Hopefully other Jags fans will do the same. 

Edited by AirdrieJag
Incomplete
  • Like 1

I still don’t fully understand the issue with no relegations and two up from each league? Then next season 1 up 3 down from each league to return the numbers to they way they were?

I can’t see any team that that proposal wouldn’t suit? No one suffers as a consequence of this and off we go. If leagues have to be shortened then split after a home and away against everyone and either play everyone once or twice more depending on how much of the season has to be cut

Edited by p12tfc

1 hour ago, p12tfc said:

I still don’t fully understand the issue with no relegations and two up from each league? Then next season 1 up 2 down from each league to return the numbers to they way they were?

I can’t see any team that that proposal wouldn’t suit? No one suffers as a consequence of this and off we go. If leagues have to be shortened then split after a home and away against everyone and either play everyone once or twice more depending on how much of the season has to be cut

Sensible, logical . practical and workable,

Not words that the SPFL understand or apply.