What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

I understand if the vote goes through today we will launch legal action after having taken initial legal advice 

I do not believe for one second we will do that and i also do not believe we would win. If this legal advice has come in any way shape or form with influence of Miss Low i expect us to be bankrupt before Christmas!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I understand if the vote goes through today we will launch legal action after having taken initial legal advice 

If Thistle , Rangers and Hearts go down that road , I don’t think it’ll  happen , due to the time involved going through the process of litigation 

The other implications are Sky and BT Sport paying out money on an incomplete season .

From a supporters point of view , lots of disgruntled fans wanting some sort of refund for games they didn’t see.

Edited by jlsarmy

50 minutes ago, javeajag said:

People are losing lives, jobs and businesses.

The PR optics of taking legal action against that backdrop look dubious to me. thats just to the public - to the clubs we have denied a payout, we will also be unpopular.

We certainly wont be the cuddly toy anymore. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jaf said:

People are losing lives, jobs and businesses.

The PR optics of taking legal action against that backdrop look dubious to me. thats just to the public - to the clubs we have denied a payout, we will also be unpopular.

We certainly wont be the cuddly toy anymore. 

Good. For too long we've taken things on the chin. Fans will help out with legal fees if need be. 

I think Legal action is only worthwhile if we are joining a group of teams looking to take action (Hearts, Falkirk, Stranraer & Sevco). To go it alone what be wasting money and if anyone remembers our last legal challenge we were painted as the baddie denying poor little Inverness their promotion even though their stadium didn't comply and ground sharing wasn't allowed. It would be worst PR given what is actually happening across the world.

I also hope we are being proactive. Its fine saying we dont accept this but Hopefully we have been reaching out to other clubs and coming up with alternative solutions.

I do believe I can see a number of teams voting against this especially those in a playoff position. I know money is the big issue but surely something could be reached in paying all clubs in each respective division an equal sum of money. This then could be taken into account in next seasons prize money and giving teams only the prize money minus any additional money paid out in the previous based on the respective league positions once the season is finished.

Big question still remains when the season could be restarted, If at all but i think if you are giving one league the chance to finish then you have to give all leagues a chance to finish even if these games have to be played behind closed doors. I think a more practical solution is to compress the season, there are only 8(9) games left. This could be played within 5 weeks and reduce each playoff game to 1 leg. So assuming a mid August start season could be over be end of September. Cancel League and Challenge cups and front and end load games leaving the winter fixture schedule similar to normal.

Only other option is the league reconstruction. Even in a simple form of no relegation and all league winners promoted, including that of Lowland and Highland Leagues. Then producing an end result of a 12-12 10-10 league set up. Not the major reconstruction everyone apart from the elite want but would help resolve the situation. 

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

This is nonsense - you cant take legal action in Football - you have to go through the Appeals Procedure  - SFA - EUFA - Sporting Arbitration Court   

As we are a member Club of the SPFL - we would be suing ourselves - I wish that we could stop the Spin Nonsense

We are in this position because we are at prime candidates for relegation - if we weren't - we would vote in interests of the Club - same as everyone else is doing 

Im assuming the Board will be personally funding any legal action or 3BC Funding it  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Check it’s an official announcement 

I never said it wasn't

I was just stating something factually accurate which has been happening, ie Dortmund have been using their stadium (since last Friday) as a testing centre

https://www.bvb.de/News/Uebersicht/SIGNAL-IDUNA-PARK-wird-Corona-Behandlungszentrum

Everything doesn't need to be an adversarial pissing competition 

48 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

This is nonsense - you cant take legal action in Football - you have to go through the Appeals Procedure  - SFA - EUFA - Sporting Arbitration Court   

As we are a member Club of the SPFL - we would be suing ourselves - I wish that we could stop the Spin Nonsense

We are in this position because we are at prime candidates for relegation - if we weren't - we would vote in interests of the Club - same as everyone else is doing 

Im assuming the Board will be personally funding any legal action or 3BC Funding it  

Not true Aberdeen and Hibs aren’t doing it for their own good , think they’ve looking at the big big picture and I’m sure Anne Budge etc are meaning they will take it as far as they can legally whether that’s FIFA etc or the Court of Sporting Arbitration and you would be suing the governing bodies who run the Associations