What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

5 minutes ago, jaf said:

I never said it wasn't

I was just stating something factually accurate which has been happening, ie Dortmund have been using their stadium (since last Friday) as a testing centre

https://www.bvb.de/News/Uebersicht/SIGNAL-IDUNA-PARK-wird-Corona-Behandlungszentrum

Everything doesn't need to be an adversarial pissing competition 

No meant that way 

16 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Dundee voting against according to the courier 

ICT might gamble that league reconstruction to save Hearts would drag them along with Dundee Utd. but Dundee need the playoffs. 

Ayr don’t want promotion anyway as they have no ambition beyond the Championship as they’ve shown in the past   

12 minutes ago, AlgarveJag said:

ICT might gamble that league reconstruction to save Hearts would drag them along with Dundee Utd. but Dundee need the playoffs. 

Ayr don’t want promotion anyway as they have no ambition beyond the Championship as they’ve shown in the past   

Dundee would not vote for United to be promoted

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

I understand if the vote goes through today we will launch legal action after having taken initial legal advice 

This is all hot air. I’m led to believe that under membership rules a club cannot sue the authority when a majority vote goes through, the same goes with UEFA and FIFA rules where a member club or association cannot take its ruling body to court with the exception of the sport arbitration court

13 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

This is all hot air. I’m led to believe that under membership rules a club cannot sue the authority when a majority vote goes through, the same goes with UEFA and FIFA rules where a member club or association cannot take its ruling body to court with the exception of the sport arbitration court

Could be ... we shall see 

46 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Think there is going to be a lot of twists and turns in this , Sevco will certainly appeal this even just to appease their fans , if that happens nothing can happen till that appeal is heard , and I doubt if prize money will be dished out till there is a conclusion.

The only country so far to break ranks Is Belgium, the rest at this moment are trying to finish their season whether that’s behind closed doors or whatever.

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

you have  to laugh or you would cry....

https://spfl.co.uk/news/board-update-on-rangers-resolution

If the h*ns did indeed have numerous attempts at contact yesterday, contrary to the SPFL statement, then there will be an evidential paper trail of calls/emails.

If they have it, then such trails should be published to discredit the SPFL.

2 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

If the h*ns did indeed have numerous attempts at contact yesterday, contrary to the SPFL statement, then there will be an evidential paper trail of calls/emails.

If they have it, then such trails should be published to discredit the SPFL.

The statement is evidence that SPFL are taking an “its my way or the highway” stance - but also surprising that they are throwing out Rangers resolution without any discussion 

7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

SPFL trying to find a way out if Sevco appeal , think it’s going to be resubmitted.

The last paragraph re prize money is just blackmail. 

If these proposals do go ahead, there at least should be compensation packages for the Clubs most affected PTFC and Hearts especially because the financial meltdown of relegation is going to be horrendous and cost employees and players their livelihoods .

4 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I know we want to be pally with Rangers here because it suits us, but that's a ridiculous proposal.

The SPFL Limited is a technically insolvent organisation whose liabilities exceed its assets - for the directors of such an organisation to dish out loans in the present environment (which their articles do not even give them the power to do arguably) is a nonsense proposition frankly. I hope we aren't getting our legal advice from the same place as Rangers!

5 minutes ago, jaf said:

I know we want to be pally with Rangers here because it suits us, but that's a ridiculous proposal.

The SPFL Limited is a technically insolvent organisation whose liabilities exceed its assets - for the directors of such an organisation to dish out loans in the present environment (which their articles do not even give them the power to do arguably) is a nonsense proposition frankly. I hope we aren't getting our legal advice from the same place as Rangers!

I would imagine there is finance there even if it is dressed up as prize money, even in these uncertain times the SPFL are making up their rules as they go on . They would even have a bit more credibility if it was one rule for all the Leagues rather than just focusing on the other 3 divisions . 

12 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I would imagine there is finance there even if it is dressed up as prize money, even in these uncertain times the SPFL are making up their rules as they go on . They would even have a bit more credibility if it was one rule for all the Leagues rather than just focusing on the other 3 divisions . 

Yeah,  I am not doubting there is cash there. That's not the point.

Some of these clubs may not survive. And they are asking directors of a technically insolvent organisation to loan money to other potentially technically insolvent organisations who may become insolvent before this issue resolves itself (their articles doesn't say they have the power to make loans either).  In terms of company law (not the SPFL's own making it up as they go along rules), that would make any company director think twice, and have a very shaky hand if they were signing such a resolution. 

Edited by jaf

59 minutes ago, jaf said:

Ann Budge reported to have said that she don't think it will go through, but if it does Hearts will accept the decision if that is the will of their fellow clubs.

Regardless of how they all vote , if Rangers aren't on board then it won't work . the broadcasters want to see at least 4 Old Firm Games and that's why they've probably tried to close the season down in the other 3 divisions.

They probably knew there was going to be a reaction from Rangers , your  point re solvency is interesting where would that leave our Club for example and Hearts . 

I think it would be a struggle to make ends might with lots of people losing their jobs .

Edited by jlsarmy

1 hour ago, delurker said:

The Retard claim to have polled everybody and they count 5 No votes in League 1, which if true would alone be enough to scupper it.

Not sure I agree. There needs to be more than 5 in league 1 and 2 voting against and SPFL have cleverly ensured that Brechin won’t vote against. Whether any playoff contenders in league 2 do is another question. 

19 hours ago, Emsca said:

Are you sure that's right?

When we vote No, but it gets passed because  other Clubs vote in favour , we are denied our share of the money?

Even for the SPFL I cannot believe that .

I meant yes or no in the majority sense not in the individual. 

So clubs who vote no - let's say Rangers, Hearts and us will still receive their share if the overall vote is yes! 

Apologies for lack of precision in my writing! 

Anyone who is harbouring any notions about “Sporting integrity” are going to be sorely disappointed. Each club will vote for what suits themselves, which is only to be expected, and something that I would hope our club would also do and look out for our interests firstly and foremost.