What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

On 4/9/2020 at 2:01 PM, Barney Rubble said:

Serious statistical issues to be considered:

Would 0.037 of a point be regarded as statistically significant, as the difference is i) less than a point, the common measure for league table rankings and ii) less than 4% of a point in this case? The SPFL would have to explain how that decision was arrived at if tested.

Following on from that, there are two clear margins for error that would have to be considered  i) number of games played and ii) goal difference as a ranking measure.

The first can be tested under sporting integrity as it is black and white - we have played one less game than QoS and are a point behind. With three points at stake, then the opening question about margin for error, and the significance of the fractions involved is clearly a matter for scrutiny at a higher level than SPFL.

Relegation under those circumstances would be extremely difficult for the SPFL to justify with any credibility.

This story still has a distance to go to fully unfold.

Called it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I think this is why Rangers are so angry.  Lawell is a mover and shaker and it appears doesn't need to be on the SPFL Board to influence matters. One wonders if Doncaster was 'reporting to/checking  in with' his boss! 

Stuart Milne the now retired Aberdeen Chairman did say when leaving his position at Aberdeen that Lawell had too much influence! So perhaps this is an example - influence without accountability! 

Rangers will love it if they cam implicate Lawell! 

This whole affair is getting dirtier and dirtier and Dundee need to be very very careful otherwise they may face legal consequences by association. 

I would like to think the revelations will force them to standby their agreement with ICY & Jags! 

orchestrating this from minute 1.

Neil Lennon, interviewed on BBC after the shutdown said that Sellick should be crowned champions and the leagues should be decided on points per game across the season.

Strange  that that's effectively what the SPFL proposal does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, One t in Scotland said:

I urge people to listen back to Sportsound today. Utterly incredible level of corruption and deceit. I'll be thinking carefully which away games I attend on the future. And Doncaster appears to have disappeared.

Everybody please hear the bbc Scottish football podcast.....

This makes Past corrupt football in Italy the most honest in euro football.......

If we are going down I hope ALL Jags fans refuse to go to these away games...

As the Forfar chairman said he voted for us to be relegated!!!!

Edited by Flycatcher
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AirdrieJag said:

orchestrating this from minute 1.

Neil Lennon, interviewed on BBC after the shutdown said that Sellick should be crowned champions and the leagues should be decided on points per game across the season.

Strange  that that's effectively what the SPFL proposal does.

This 100%. Not a bit surprised if Lawell is behind this.

Took the dug for a walk just after 3 as it was melting my heid - didn't think it could get any worse - the Forfar statement beggars belief while the h*ns statement is dynamite (although somebody should tell their web team that we're now in 2020). 

Not surprisingly, the knee-jerk SPFL have fired back a response to the h*ns asking them to put up or shut up basically.  Hopefully the information can be passed to the fraud squad for proper investigation.

After 2004, I always held a bit of negativity towards ICT. Changing the rules halfway the season to shaft us (and other teams who forked out to meet requirements) was just unacceptable. Listening to their chairman today has completely changed my attitude towards them. Sticking to their guns, despite the possible financial implications, for the sake to a fellow team is outstanding. Also calling us ‘Thistle’ was class.

BBC have also published photos of the 3 no votes on their website.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CrimeWriterJag said:

After 2004, I always held a bit of negativity towards ICT. Changing the rules halfway the season to shaft us (and other teams who forked out to meet requirements) was just unacceptable. Listening to their chairman today has completely changed my attitude towards them. Sticking to their guns, despite the possible financial implications, for the sake to a fellow team is outstanding. Also calling us ‘Thistle’ was class.

BBC have also published photos of the 3 no votes on their website.

Exactly how i felt as well after 2004. I felt ICT chairman today sounded very dissapointed and let down by Dundee. Considering ICT would have received over £300,000 next week, if this vote had been passed. It says a lot for them sticking to what they had agreed to do,

• Like 1

My recollection is that they managed to miscount the vote at the initial meeting in 2004 and had to be corrected when they tried to announce that the vote to relegate us had been passed - there were only 12 votes to count!  I am therefore not surprised that an email from Dundee which went against the desired result was conveniently "lost".

My resentment at the vote relegation vote in  2004 was not directed against Inverness, who were given the opportunity to be promoted but against Hearts, Hibs , Aberdeen (who picked up the ground rent) and Motherwell( who survived relegation the previous year on the ground rule)

The Forfar Chairman was speaking from his own club's self -interest which is that they will benefit from playing Thistle rather than Stranraer. If we play at Forfar next season (whenever that might be) it would be good if Thistle fans instead of going to Station Park bought tickets for an Inverness home game instead. 

Dundee have clearly been got at.  This will now turn into part of the Old Firm Punch & Judy show...which might be our best chance of avoiding relegation by diktat.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Winter of '63 said:

My recollection is that they managed to miscount the vote at the initial meeting in 2004 and had to be corrected when they tried to announce that the vote to relegate us had been passed - there were only 12 votes to count!  I am therefore not surprised that an email from Dundee which went against the desired result was conveniently "lost".

My resentment at the vote relegation vote in  2004 was not directed against Inverness, who were given the opportunity to be promoted but against Hearts, Hibs , Aberdeen (who picked up the ground rent) and Motherwell( who survived relegation the previous year on the ground rule)

The Forfar Chairman was speaking from his own club's self -interest which is that they will benefit from playing Thistle rather than Stranraer. If we play at Forfar next season (whenever that might be) it would be good if Thistle fans instead of going to Station Park bought tickets for an Inverness home game instead. 

Dundee have clearly been got at.  This will now turn into part of the Old Firm Punch & Judy show...which might be our best chance of avoiding relegation by diktat.

Dundee now between a rock and a hard place. They are absolutely fecked by the ICT timeline. The corruption is as transparent as you are ever likely to see. Whatever Doncaster and Lawwells role is on this they are on the shoggliest of pegs. 

5 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Dundee now between a rock and a hard place. They are absolutely fecked by the ICT timeline. The corruption is as transparent as you are ever likely to see. Whatever Doncaster and Lawwells role is on this they are on the shoggliest of pegs. 

Be in no doubt, Lawell has been orchestrating this from minute 1.

Neil Lennon, interviewed on BBC after the shutdown said that Sellick should be crowned champions and the leagues should be decided on points per game across the season.

Strange  that that's effectively what the SPFL proposal does. 

Edited by AirdrieJag

4 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Just heard this too - his sole motivation to get Falkirk and Partick Thistle in their division for the travelling support.

hopefully jags fans considering going to this ground next season have a think again 

Didn't stop jags fans going to Love St after the thistlegate voting farce. Almost identical situation.

10 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Yep

47 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Anyway, Inverness were good, Forfar daft... What now?!?

This vote should be declared cancelled because of the problems with it(farcical/corrupt ?). Resignation's from the SPFL chiefs. Change the SPFL  name, the P stands for Proffesional, really. Also maybe sponsors of the leagues and Sky will be checking their contracts as they might not want associated with this whole farcical/embarrassing  situation.