What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

Does this country not have anti bribery laws ?

I'm not sure that there is any bribery, certainly not that would stand up in court. Doncaster has just given Dundee a once in a lifetime bargaining position which they have chosen to exploit, in the best interest of DFC. What they want wont be monetary, more a change in the terms of the deal set out by the SPFL (perhaps no promotion for United !) What will be interesting is the evidence that Rangers can produce. It looks like either Doncaster goes, or Rangers will be in big trouble. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm not sure that there is any bribery, certainly not that would stand up in court. Doncaster has just given Dundee a once in a lifetime bargaining position which they have chosen to exploit, in the best interest of DFC. What they want wont be monetary, more a change in the terms of the deal set out by the SPFL (perhaps no promotion for United !) What will be interesting is the evidence that Rangers can produce. It looks like either Doncaster goes, or Rangers will be in big trouble. 

win-win

But being less flippant, I agree. I don't have any faith in the motives behind the proposal, and suspect a very strong Celtic influence,  but neither do  believe that this is Rangers standing up for "sporting integrity".

Who knows, maybe a diddy club with a bargaining chip will be good for all of us.

Edited by allyo

15 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

The speed and strength of the spfl response coupled with rangers reticence to produce the evidence makes me think the smoking gun could be underwhelming.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I can't believe that I agree with a lot (not everything) from an article in the Record.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-title-spat-shows-21852483

The influence from Celtic re the average points came from Lawwell and Lennon , the financial blackmail not releasing funds is an absolute joke unless the Clubs agreed to the proposal put forward . And then you come to the way the Vote was administered, putting the vote on their website before it was complete.

Doncaster & Co’s tenures are now untenable 

13 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

The influence from Celtic re the average points came from Lawwell and Lennon , the financial blackmail not releasing funds is an absolute joke unless the Clubs agreed to the proposal put forward . And then you come to the way the Vote was administered, putting the vote on their website before it was complete.

Doncaster & Co’s tenures are now untenable 

And only 7 out of 42 clubs voted against the proposal , so perhaps the majority will conclude he has done an ok job? 

1 minute ago, jaf said:

And only 7 out of 42 clubs voted against the proposal , so perhaps the majority will conclude he has done an ok job? 

I think many voted for the proposal because they were told it’s the only way to get money ......Michael Stewart said yesterday half the premier were against it but felt they had no alternative 

23 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Thanks for posting this Jaggy and fair play to Ross for saying that he will have no problem with playing for us in league one, even though understandably it’s not what he wanted. A couple of Ayr United fans had said on pie and bovril he would definitely keep his word on staying with the jags (even though let’s face it he would be entitled to back out with our possible expulsion down the league) and in their words will be an outstanding signing

Though primarily giving money to Partick Thistle during these unsettling times.  Made a donation to Stranraer who like us face a completely unfair expulsion and will no doubt struggle financially

if anyone else is interested in making a donation here is a link

http://www.stranraerfc.org/index.php/77-latest-news/1740-relive-donate-a-ticket

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jaf said:

It was financial blackmail at 2 days notice with no alternatives which is nonsense, the Clubs were pressured to get prize money released and also the rhetoric your fellow Clubs will go bankrupt otherwise , they didn’t have much of a choice.

This should have been debated at length over a period of time , with Peter Lawwell’s phone on silent.

12 hours ago, jaggy said:

Remind me of this one please? If you mean 2004 I don’t know where St Mirren come into it

Sorry should've been clearer. During the voting farce with the SPL,  Gilmour at St Mirren (who didn't have a vote) was widely quoted urging the SPL to demote us. St Mirren of course by the very nature of the affair should've been one of our strongest allies.   

Even when the lockdown is eased we won’t go back to normal. Without a vaccine the government will need to enforce social distancing so gatherings of people will remain restricted, or the disease will spread rapidly and overwhelm the NHS. Football may resume but we won’t be allowed to pile into grounds and stand side by side as we traditionally do. The best that can be hoped for is games behind closed doors but with fears of fans turning up to try and see in the grounds is that really going to be allowed?

3 minutes ago, ClydebankJag said:

Even when the lockdown is eased we won’t go back to normal. Without a vaccine the government will need to enforce social distancing so gatherings of people will remain restricted, or the disease will spread rapidly and overwhelm the NHS. Football may resume but we won’t be allowed to pile into grounds and stand side by side as we traditionally do. The best that can be hoped for is games behind closed doors but with fears of fans turning up to try and see in the grounds is that really going to be allowed?

500 people standing on that wee bit of the canal where they can keek into the ground? Seems farfetched.

How appropriate is it that a number of people in Scottish football have ended up with egg  on their face this Easter weekend.:getmecoat: Happy Easter everybody. Also the document that was given to the clubs to read and vote on within 2 days was over 100 pages. Calling it a rushed job is being kind to it.

Edited by Auld Jag

33 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Sorry should've been clearer. During the voting farce with the SPL,  Gilmour at St Mirren (who didn't have a vote) was widely quoted urging the SPL to demote us. St Mirren of course by the very nature of the affair should've been one of our strongest allies.   

Thanks. I sort of remember the name Gilmour having input but wasn’t sure why. 

51 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

500 people standing on that wee bit of the canal where they can keek into the ground? Seems farfetched.

Ignore us in all this, we’re small fry in the crowd debate. How many Liverpool fans will hang around Anfield on the day their team clinches the title? Do you honestly think everyone will stay home and no one will go out, even if they do what about afterwards, when they pile out to celebrate on the streets. Football behind closed doors is a non starter. Crowds in grounds again is a non starter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaf said:

The speed and strength of the spfl response coupled with rangers reticence to produce the evidence makes me think the smoking gun could be underwhelming.  

From what I’ve heard the Rangers response with the evidence will be presented from a unified front of multiple clubs, this now appears to be a (growing) group who are going to out Doncaster and his puppet master 

• Like 1