What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

23 minutes ago, ClydebankJag said:

Photos were released showing part of the voting guidance. If you vote no at any point in the 28 day period you can change your vote. If you vote yes you cannot change  your vote.  This was written up so they could pressure the weakest no voters.

That is utterly disgusting, do those people not understand the concept morality, this to me is nothing short of corruption! The events of the last couple of days tell me it's time for major change in the way Scottish football is run and the best way to start is by getting rid of those charlatans at the SPFL

More from kheredine

The wording of the notes to the @spfl resolution is key. You CAN’T revoke a ‘yes’ vote. But there’s no explicit guide (here) regarding a ‘no’ vote. It’s now clear @DundeeFC sent a ‘no’ vote which somehow arrived AFTER they said ‘consider our vote not cast’... Lawyers, anyone? 

6 minutes ago, ClydebankJag said:

Worth watching https://mobile.twitter.com/Kheredine2018 for developments

03293FD3-24BF-4C08-887F-93D984DEEF2B.jpeg

Absolutely ridiculous, if you say yes , you can’t change your mind , but if you say no you can .

Not sure why it’s even in there in the first place, if you place a vote in an election you don’t get a chance to change it  and that’s the way it should be .

If not you get the scenario we’ve got just now with people I assume trying to put pressure on a Member Club to change their vote to suit their agenda .

Does anybody know the legality of this ?

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

Interesting from Kheredine at bbc

Regarding the @sfpl vote , I’ve had this today from a top club CEO : “It clearly states in the resolution that a vote cannot be uncast.” Could be v interesting, depending on what can be proved was/wasn’t sent and was/wasn’t received 

One of the Clubs is feeding him info 

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

So the Dundee vote wasn't received, Dundee then produced a signed and dated copy and have asserted that they sent their vote in. 

Surely the SFA have seen and/or received the vote now?  Therefore Dundee have voted and they have voted no to the resolution?

It's madness if clubs can then change their mind after a bit of persuasion from those in charge or from those with the most to gain, possibly throwing in offers of free loan players or incentives? 

It's like the childhood games where its heads or tails, then it's the best of 3, then the best of 5 then .............  Eventually you end up hearing the spoilt child shouting  yeah, I win, told you I would.

Ridiculous way to run anything.

I see McGregor wants us all to trust the SPFL Board. Is he off his nut. 

Given what Rangers and Hearts (Budge) are saying today, which further damages the credibility of the SPFL Board and its Chief Executive I wouldn't trust this shower with a bean never mind the responsibility for running Scottish Football. 

To digress can fellow posters help me out - which away grounds are we going to. Boycott. So far I have the following but may have missed some nasties:

Forfar (comments by Chairman) 

St Mirren (Comments by Gilmour) 

Raith Rovers (Comments by Chairman) 

?? 

3 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Given what Rangers and Hearts (Budge) are saying today, which further damages the credibility of the SPFL Board and its Chief Executive I wouldn't trust this shower with a bean never mind the responsibility for running Scottish Football. 

To digress can fellow posters help me out - which away grounds are we going to. Boycott. So far I have the following but may have missed some nasties:

?? 

The rest who wanted us relegated, I wouldn’t give them a penny . Only home games for me next season, any extra money will go to our Club for sponsorship .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

?? 

Clyde of course - could not wait to vote for our expulsion 

fellow championship club Dunfermline and Dundee United have now voted against us : times with regards to a relegation or expulsion.  Both were twice in 2004 and again here.

ayr United, Queen of the south and Morton all voting against us

18 minutes ago, javeajag said:

It was , Doncaster and Co trying to wriggle out of anything they can , overzealous lawyers trying to find minute details to bring processes down .

Why wouldn’t they just email Rangers and ask for the wording to be changed slightly, they didn’t want anyone to put a spanner in their master plan .Surely now no one has any confidence in the governance of the SPFL .

3 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

It was , Doncaster and Co trying to wriggle out of anything they can , overzealous lawyers trying to find minute details to bring processes down .

Why wouldn’t they just email Rangers and ask for the wording to be changed slightly, they didn’t want anyone to put a spanner in their master plan .Surely now no one has any confidence in the governance of the SPFL .

Surely now this farce has to be declared null and void. Time to get back round the table and discuss the best way forward without presure being put on clubs to relegate teams, that if the season was played to a proper conclussion could save themselves. In the mean time if clubs need the money, it looks as if they can be given loans based on whatever final payment  they were due. 

9 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Surely now this farce has to be declared null and void. Time to get back round the table and discuss the best way forward without presure being put on clubs to relegate teams, that if the season was played to a proper conclussion could save themselves. In the mean time if clubs need the money, it looks as if they can be given loans based on whatever final payment  they were due. 

Just because you can do something, does not mean you should do it.

Its really difficult for the directors (of SPFL) to sanction those loans (to its shareholders) in all the circumstances. If I were on the SPFL board, I would resign rather than be part of making the loans. The reasons are technical (and boring compared to the intrigue of all this!) so I wont go into them here (I did mention earlier in thread). Making prize money distributions is definitely a safer route than making loans. Its not as straightforward as some would have us believe.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jaf said:

Just because you can do something, does not mean you should do it.

Its really difficult for the directors (of SPFL) to sanction those loans (to its shareholders) in all the circumstances. If I were on the SPFL board, I would resign rather than be part of making the loans. The reasons are technical (and boring compared to the intrigue of all this!) so I wont go into them here (I did mention earlier in thread). Making prize money distributions is definitely a safer route than making loans. Its not as straightforward as some would have us believe.

Who is talking about making loans?

All that is being asked , as far as I am aware, is that the prize money which the Clubs get at the end of the season once league positions are known, is paid now.

What I don't quite get is why the SPFL have gone to such lengths to link paying out the money with finalising league positions? Whats the benefit to them?

Without question the whole process stinks and  to regain any sembalance of credibility the SPFL need to seperate the  issues of paying out the money and ending the season now. There then needs to be a supplementary resolution on the basis that if the decision is taken to  end the serason now- should clubs be relegated. 

As far as this arguments goes has anyone seen the SPFL chairman's letter to the clubs from this afternoon .  the counter argument .

THE SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan

Dear All,

I am writing to you all to correct significant misinformation appearing in the media.

This misinformation is damaging to Scottish football as a whole – and to each and every member club of the SPFL.

Several suggestions have been made in recent days about the treatment of a resolution requisition by Rangers FC, about fee payments to clubs, and about the votes cast by Ladbrokes Championship clubs.

This letter is intended to set the record straight.

It has been suggested that the Board rushed to get a resolution out to members. In fact, the dates and times of a number of recent SPFL Board meetings were delayed specifically to ensure that one director had the time that he needed to be able to reach a decision.

The SPFL Board spent around an hour discussing in great detail the resolution requisitioned by Rangers. Only then did the Board, based on clear and unequivocal advice from a QC, determine that the resolution was not effective. The Rangers director on the Board confirmed that he was content with the time given over to that discussion.

He was also offered the opportunity of the SPFL’s legal counsel Rod McKenzie working with Rangers’ Company Secretary on a resolution that might be effective. To date, no further requisition has come forward from Rangers or from any other SPFL member.

It has been suggested that it is open to the SPFL Board to distribute end-of-season fee payments to clubs now, in the absence of league placings being finalised.
That is simply not the case.

For the Board to be able to authorise end-of-season fee payments to clubs (amounting to £9.3million gross), final league placings must be determined.
Those who have suggested that the SPFL may make such payments, without a line being drawn under Season 2019/20, are wrong. Further, it has been suggested that all Ladbrokes Championship club votes were cast on Friday night.

One Ladbrokes Championship club attempted to submit a voting slip, which did not reach the SPFL until late that evening. Earlier, at 6pm on Friday, that club had confirmed in writing to the SPFL that any attempted vote from that club should not be considered as cast.

We have had a number of conversations with the chairman of that club over the weekend, in which he reiterated that his club had not yet voted on the SPFL resolution. The SPFL has proceeded on the basis of the unequivocal instruction from that club received at 6pm on Friday.

At the time of writing, 40 of our 42 clubs have voted, with one Ladbrokes Championship club and one Ladbrokes League 1/League 2 club yet to cast a vote on the SPFL resolution. They have the remainder of the 28-day period to do so, should they wish.

The current level of support for the Board resolution is 85% of clubs in favour.

I have seen allegations made by the Rangers FC Interim Chairman Douglas Park, in a statement issued by Rangers at 3pm on Saturday, about the SPFL, its corporate governance, its culture, its office-bearers and its business operations.

I wrote to Mr Park on Saturday evening, requesting any material to support these allegations. I regret to inform you that, at the time of writing, I have received nothing from Mr Park. It is difficult to understand why Mr Park should not wish to share this alleged material with me.
I am entirely satisfied, based on all the information at my disposal, that the SPFL and its executives and legal advisers have acted wholly properly at every stage in this process.

Should any member club have evidence to the contrary they should bring it to me – indeed, I would argue they have a duty to do so – and I will deal with it in an entirely even-handed way.

To do otherwise is harmful to the standing, performance and effective operation of the SPFL and runs counter to the wider interests of our game.

Yours sincerely,

Murdoch MacLennan, Chairman

So what happens if Dundee turn around and vote yes now? Will the shit hit the fan with all the Rangers stuff?  I’d love to see it to be honest, bring the roof down on Doncaster, expose the corruption. Who knows where that leaves the leagues? It will go to a 2nd 3rd 4th vote til we are down so we may aswell hope that all hell breaks loose over this!

Edited by jags on tour

15 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

So what happens if Dundee turn around and vote yes now? Will the shit hit the fan with all the Rangers stuff?  I’d love to see it to be honest, bring the roof down on Doncaster, expose the corruption. Who knows where that leaves the leagues? It will go to a 2nd 3rd 4th vote til we are down so we may aswell hope that all hell brakes loose over this!

Not sure Dundee can vote yes now, simply because what has been exposed so far this weekend renders that vote null and void (ahem).......dead as a dodo.............completely without credibility.

That vote is now so full of holes that it could be legally challenged on numerous counts. It will be - not so quietly - abandoned and another proposal will be forthcoming.

Donkeygobbler is absolutely ****** now - there's no way he can survive this. Murdoch McLennan likewise.

54 minutes ago, banderas said:

As far as this arguments goes has anyone seen the SPFL chairman's letter to the clubs from this afternoon .  the counter argument .

THE SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan

Dear All,

I am writing to you all to correct significant misinformation appearing in the media.

This misinformation is damaging to Scottish football as a whole – and to each and every member club of the SPFL.

Several suggestions have been made in recent days about the treatment of a resolution requisition by Rangers FC, about fee payments to clubs, and about the votes cast by Ladbrokes Championship clubs.

This letter is intended to set the record straight.

It has been suggested that the Board rushed to get a resolution out to members. In fact, the dates and times of a number of recent SPFL Board meetings were delayed specifically to ensure that one director had the time that he needed to be able to reach a decision.

The SPFL Board spent around an hour discussing in great detail the resolution requisitioned by Rangers. Only then did the Board, based on clear and unequivocal advice from a QC, determine that the resolution was not effective. The Rangers director on the Board confirmed that he was content with the time given over to that discussion.

He was also offered the opportunity of the SPFL’s legal counsel Rod McKenzie working with Rangers’ Company Secretary on a resolution that might be effective. To date, no further requisition has come forward from Rangers or from any other SPFL member.

It has been suggested that it is open to the SPFL Board to distribute end-of-season fee payments to clubs now, in the absence of league placings being finalised.
That is simply not the case.

For the Board to be able to authorise end-of-season fee payments to clubs (amounting to £9.3million gross), final league placings must be determined.
Those who have suggested that the SPFL may make such payments, without a line being drawn under Season 2019/20, are wrong.
Further, it has been suggested that all Ladbrokes Championship club votes were cast on Friday night.

One Ladbrokes Championship club attempted to submit a voting slip, which did not reach the SPFL until late that evening. Earlier, at 6pm on Friday, that club had confirmed in writing to the SPFL that any attempted vote from that club should not be considered as cast.

We have had a number of conversations with the chairman of that club over the weekend, in which he reiterated that his club had not yet voted on the SPFL resolution. The SPFL has proceeded on the basis of the unequivocal instruction from that club received at 6pm on Friday.

At the time of writing, 40 of our 42 clubs have voted, with one Ladbrokes Championship club and one Ladbrokes League 1/League 2 club yet to cast a vote on the SPFL resolution. They have the remainder of the 28-day period to do so, should they wish.

The current level of support for the Board resolution is 85% of clubs in favour.

I have seen allegations made by the Rangers FC Interim Chairman Douglas Park, in a statement issued by Rangers at 3pm on Saturday, about the SPFL, its corporate governance, its culture, its office-bearers and its business operations.

I wrote to Mr Park on Saturday evening, requesting any material to support these allegations. I regret to inform you that, at the time of writing, I have received nothing from Mr Park. It is difficult to understand why Mr Park should not wish to share this alleged material with me.
I am entirely satisfied, based on all the information at my disposal, that the SPFL and its executives and legal advisers have acted wholly properly at every stage in this process.

Should any member club have evidence to the contrary they should bring it to me – indeed, I would argue they have a duty to do so – and I will deal with it in an entirely even-handed way.

To do otherwise is harmful to the standing, performance and effective operation of the SPFL and runs counter to the wider interests of our game.

Yours sincerely,

Murdoch MacLennan, Chairman

This is just nonsense.

Why can they not distribute the cash without final league placements? Because thats what the rules say?

Well the Clubs make the rules - so change them .

This smacks of rules being appllied them bent / ignored to produce the outcome required.

Total  pish.