What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

27 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I’m not sure that there is as much spare cash floating around in the SPL

I have a feeling SPFL either need next years sponsorship to kick in to pay this years prize money, or to tell this years sponsors that their deal if finished as per contract so they don’t claim back. 

On the other hand what I’ve heard locally and from back home the SPFL are maybe being directed by an influence outside of the SPFL board from info that person may have obtained from a UEFA board

Had a good 1 minute think at best solution (which is prob more than spfl)...14-14-16.  Promotion for all who deserve, no relegation for those who don’t and entry for for highland and lowland league clubs.  Still can have post split matches allowing ugly sisters their 4 games.  Plus on current standings has added benefit of keeping Clyde in bottom league.  :fan:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Had a good 1 minute think at best solution (which is prob more than spfl)...14-14-16.  Promotion for all who deserve, no relegation for those who don’t and entry for for highland and lowland league clubs.  Still can have post split matches allowing ugly sisters their 4 games.  Plus on current standings has added benefit of keeping Clyde in bottom league.  :fan:

And the current 12 SPL clubs are going to agree to split their money between 14 because ? 

Self interest is all that most are thinking about

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jaf said:

I know Ross. He's a good guy.

Firstly £3700 is more money than Forfar had in their bank at the end of either of the last two seasons despite issuing shares. So you bet, whatever may be said publicly, it is a significant amount to a club like that.

Secondly, I didn't hear his comments, but understand he meant that no planning could be done for next season until the other teams in the league were known as the financial assumptions for the budgets would be very different if Thistle and Falkirk were in the league compared to Edinburgh City, Stranraer and Cove, and so he wanted for the vote to happen to bring certainty to an uncertain situation. Clearly from those who have heard it, he didn't come across well nor make his intended point well though.

First jaf in what is very different and diffcult times i would like to wish you and yours all the best. Unlike yourself and others on this forum i do not have any knowledge about running  a business. I also do not know anybody connected to football clubs. I understand that in these uncertain times, teams need to know what  league they will be playing in and also the other teams that will be in the same league. If this was a normal season they would not know that until May and depending what position the team was in, they could be involved in play offs. In Forfar's current position if the season was still going and they were still second bottom they would be in danger of going into the 2nd division. So the uncertainty would be going onto about the middle of May . So i do not understand why you would vote to relegate teams now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

And the current 12 SPL clubs are going to agree to split their money between 14 because ? 

Surely it just be a case of adding the prize money for the top 2 in the championship to the premiership prize money. 

22 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Sadly any reconstruction idea has to have the ugly sisters playing each other 4 times 

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Celtic had £35m in the bank before the lockdown 

TRFC or TRIFC I can never remember what one is the club or the company had declared a shortfall in their accounts of last year of 10 million that required filled for this season and personal guarantees where assigned by their directors as declarations of intent  against the going concern statement , which in a repeat of previous years deficits they generously swapped for Equity in one of the TR's. Their directors may have issues with their own business liquidity and wouldn't want to lose anything more. What would they be contributing and what would it be designated as , a gift , a loan , SPFL isn't classified  as charity is it.  

so how do you make an equitable contribution for the overall good and in making that  justify it to your shareholders  that it was to secure your industry : There would be lawsuits mayhem especially from "the divided ones". Can you contemplate either fan base accepting anything except destruction of the other. Their traditional means of funding each other is in their antagonism of each other that's what turns their mutual tills.

Maybe ask those concerned for all this years  incoming  UEFA monies payments to clubs + the solidarity payments  (is that also under threat) and distribute equally along the lines of the solidarity payments across the whole industry instead of just the SPFL top 1, They could be more equitable with the prize monies and redistribute that (9.3 million) and celtic/ rangers/ motherwelL can hand back the 435K they have already been allocated. Do you think you think Rangers would go for that ?

what about other levels of football , highland/lowland/juniors would they be in the equation for the good of Scottish football . 

what the SPFL directors are doing is covering their options and are savvy  enough and legal'ed up enough to know that.

p.s  Doncaster is an appointee , if the clubs want him out , they just have to set a motion , second it and then vote to oust him , bye bye .

as was said in Old Harry's Game by Satan " i really dislike people there just monkeys with an agenda "

forgive the rant  am just a cynical ole Hector!!!! 

12 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Surely it just be a case of adding the prize money for the top 2 in the championship to the premiership prize money. 

The SPFL don’t control the Highland/Lowland leagues so at some point the money gets diluted. It also changes the terms of the tv contract, so that needs to be renegotiated. 

Don’t get me wrong. I fully support the idea and would love to see bigger leagues, but there are complications to every solution and time is running out for cash strapped clubs. 

I can see why the SPFL proposed this as the easiest solution for them to implement if the vote had passed. I just don’t understand the need for the underhand way they went about it

Let's say if Rangers had a really bad season,  and had a crunch pre split game against St Johnstone to get into the top six.

Would there be a vote to award the game to Rangers, so that the 4th Celtic game could be guaranteed and the TV deal satisfied?

1 minute ago, allyo said:

Let's say if Rangers had a really bad season,  and had a crunch pre split game against St Johnstone to get into the top six.

Would there be a vote to award the game to Rangers, so that the 4th Celtic game could be guaranteed and the TV deal satisfied?

No. The ref would disallow 4 St. Johnstone goals then award a dodgy penalty at the other end, thus guaranteeing the 4th Old Firm game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

I have a feeling SPFL either need next years sponsorship to kick in to pay this years prize money, or to tell this years sponsors that their deal if finished as per contract so they don’t claim back. 

On the other hand what I’ve heard locally and from back home the SPFL are maybe being directed by an influence outside of the SPFL board from info that person may have obtained from a UEFA board

I've also heard that Lawell, the puppet master, and architect of the  original proposal has been talking to UEFA. 

Just now, jags on tour said:

Was just listening to SSB there and they were saying that you can change a ‘No’ vote but can’t change a ‘Yes’, so do teams who voted No still have the 28 days to change their mind/ be bribed before the actual result is announced? 

That’s does seem to be the case or at least the intention.....which I presume means a no vote on Friday would have been provisional and not final for a month as no voting clubs could change their vote .....pretty bizarre 

24 minutes ago, javeajag said:

That’s does seem to be the case or at least the intention.....which I presume means a no vote on Friday would have been provisional and not final for a month as no voting clubs could change their vote .....pretty bizarre 

Sounds like it was the Gadaffi  voting  system they were using .

26 minutes ago, jags on tour said:

Was just listening to SSB there and they were saying that you can change a ‘No’ vote but can’t change a ‘Yes’, so do teams who voted No still have the 28 days to change their mind/ be bribed before the actual result is announced? 

There is a practical reason. If the SPFL had got the YES votes that they needed, and paid out the cash to the member clubs, then a YES changed to NO within the 28 days, they would have to recall the money. If The vote was NO then no money is paid, so a NO can change to a YES without financial implications for the spfl.

I'm not saying it is right, just giving the reasons behind it.

5 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

There is a practical reason. If the SPFL had got the YES votes that they needed, and paid out the cash to the member clubs, then a YES changed to NO within the 28 days, they would have to recall the money. If The vote was NO then no money is paid, so a NO can change to a YES without financial implications for the spfl.

I'm not saying it is right, just giving the reasons behind it.

Can’t see any club changing their mind after they’ve received their money, think it’s a bit more sinister than that .

2 hours ago, sandy said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but this whole fiasco is putting me off coming back to SPFL football. What a bag of w*nk it all is. 

Me and my Brother been close to this before but as AJ says, we have to support The Jags.

Can't allow the most recent fiasco, despite how disheartening it can all be, to ruin your love of supporting Thistle.