What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

In the same manner as the 2004 relegation played out this will now fizzle away and fade. The Rangers will nurse their well rehearsed righteous indignation but frankly no one will give a monkey's for us. 

A few years down the line this fiasco will be happily forgotten by everyone although our predicament on the field might still be a reminder of it if the past 3 years are anything to go by.

• Like 2

Worryingly seems like the corupt voting process is already being forgotten in all this. Nelms didn't just change his mind. Dundee voted NO- the deciding vote! then were clearly targeted to change their mind. Hence the never recieved vote then subsequent firewall BS excuses etc. The rules were also set so you can change your mind on a No vote but not a Yes one- why? Probably for these exact circumstances. Hope Rangers have something cause this is dodgy and cant just be sold as Dundee having a change of heart

3 hours ago, elevenone said:

'Lucrative' Scottish Premiership sides??? Oh my! Best laugh I've had in decades. If this is what they are getting, then I'm glad J. Low is our chairman and not Nelms.

8 hours ago, allyo said:

Presumably one of them abstained since that counts as a no vote?

Possibly but I'm just curious as to why? Given Dundee vote wasn't received, I'm surprised more hasn't been made of the missing Leagues One and Two vote.

Whether it counted or not is irrelevant. 

55 minutes ago, Jag said:

Possibly but I'm just curious as to why? Given Dundee vote wasn't received, I'm surprised more hasn't been made of the missing Leagues One and Two vote.

Whether it counted or not is irrelevant. 

Dundee vote was received. They voted No. They then got a communication fron the SPFL to the effect that if they would change their vote they would receive recompense for doing so.

Does anyone? Anyone at all on here believe their vote was stuck in a Firewall?  It is ludicrous .

This is one for the Legal minds amongst us.

Could we, as a member Club of the SPFL,  submit a resolution to the effect we have no confidence in the Board of the SPFL and propose a motion seeking their removal from office?

It would not succedd ( they probably have a sub clause to the effect such a motion needs 100% votes ) but it would hopefully delay matters. In my view if they are going to shaft us , we should use every avenue available to make life as  difficult and awkward for the SPFL as possible.

What an absolute shambles. 
Who knows what Rangers have - is it still Traynor who does their media work? If so, likely all pomp & little substance. Hope not.

We will he forgotten about. Hearts will probably, somehow, be saved. Stinks to high heaven - what can we do though?

Genuinely tempted to chuck it. I love Thistle & watching football, but when the game is so clearly flawed, what’s the point? Absolutely scunnered with this & really not worth the energy in today’s world.

1 hour ago, Jag said:

No they didn't.

Only three teams voted no. 16 voted yes.

Hence the reason I am asking.

Only three teams voted no before the 1700 deadline on Friday. Hence why the voting was 16 - 3 in favour at that point, which meant that the motion passed.

Edinburgh City apparently submitted their vote thereafter.

Pity Nelmes couldn't delay  his vote until after the SPFL's proposed emergency meeting. Notwithstanding reports that he tried to negotiate increased payments for 'relegated' clubs Dundee have let us and ICT down.

Formerly one of my favourite clubs I will now never set foot in Dens again and will forever think of them as nothing but a bunch of back stabbers! 

Positives I will save a fortune not going to away games.

As far as the overall vote is concerned it has been thoroughly discreted. As are the SPFL and Doncaster. They however won't be worried as Nelmes has given them a result. 

Reconstruction, like the payment of money to clubs, was just a carrot to vote yes. I don't think it was offered with any sincerity and I'll be very very surprised if it happens. 

League 1 next season. 

13 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

They could play them in Belarus.

I’ve no idea why we can’t go down the road of other countries who are planning to get back to playing football albeit behind closed doors to start with , a lot of the games could be shown on a live steam ( Jagszone ) etc 

The bigger games are going to be shown on Sky or BT anyway. It’s not ideal football without supporters but these are exceptional circumstances.

If we’re going to be relegated, I would rather play the games and if we deserve to go down then so be it .

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Emsca said:

This is one for the Legal minds amongst us.

Could we, as a member Club of the SPFL,  submit a resolution to the effect we have no confidence in the Board of the SPFL and propose a motion seeking their removal from office?

It would not succedd ( they probably have a sub clause to the effect such a motion needs 100% votes ) but it would hopefully delay matters. In my view if they are going to shaft us , we should use every avenue available to make life as  difficult and awkward for the SPFL as possible.

At a simplistic level, the documents on Companies House suggest removal of a director is a power of the Board, and a director should be removed for various specific reasons.

I am sure a resolution ought to be able to be brought, but would need the requisite backing and would need 28 days to expire. There is nothing specific in the documents online about how you would do that, but as its a company, I am guessing Companies Act normal rules would apply.

In 2004, the rules were changed to allow ICT to be promoted and to relegate us, the cuddly toy. While we had to ensure a 10000 seater stadium had to be in place with the safety certificates all signed somewhere around March prior to us winning the Scottish Division One title as it was, ICT were allowed to ground share with 'neighbours' Aberdeen (which was a clear conflict of interest) until they could build a 6000 seater stadium. It was absolutely astonishing how we accepted it. Financially we spent a fortune to get Firhill up to scratch which effectively put as at a disadvantage on the park. Not a court in the land would have upheld the leagues decision. Theres no danger if we had taken it to court we would have lost it. We didnt want to be seen to upset the apple cart and merely surrendered to our fate. It was absolutely outrageous. If we surrender again to this, effectively the same as we did back then by getting into bed with the devil, then ye can shove yer team up yer arse. To support Thistle would be to support that corruption. Not for me. Our families 20 year continuous season tickets sale will be no more. 

Edited by MonehJags