What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

1 minute ago, Garscube Road End said:

My main concern about closed doors is we would need emergency services there and they cannot be spared.

Not sure how many emergency services you would need for approximately 40 people , we’ve already got an Club Doctor and a Physio , and obviously our opponents would have the same as well .  

1 hour ago, gianlucatoni said:

Just read that Nelms was allegedly on the blower to SPFL clubs to offer sweeteners - quite obviously right up himself at the moment - he's secured a friendly against a "big hitter" (wonder who that could be eh Mr Lawwell).

Apparently he was offering similar friendlies to clubs in danger in addition to offering relegated clubs a few extra sheckles taken from other clubs prize money.

I do hope that if a call was placed to any member if the PTFC board that they told him where to shove it.

Square all this with the statement still on the DFC website - sporting integrity my arse.

As it is now fully expected this shape shifting w*nker will change the dundee vote to YES, the time has come for the club to issue a statement/update detailing anything and everything that has gone on. Their radio silence in this matter is now a concern.

The only reason Celtic are offering these "glamour" freindlies as they know they will not be able to travel abroad for pre-season frendlies nor host clubs from abroad 

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

The only reason Celtic are offering these "glamour" freindlies as they know they will not be able to travel abroad for pre-season frendlies nor host clubs from abroad 

Think eventually as has been spoke about in the past it’ll be Dundee playing Celtic over in the U.S. which would suit Dundee’s American owner 

7 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Not sure how many emergency services you would need for approximately 40 people , we’ve already got an Club Doctor and a Physio , and obviously our opponents would have the same as well .  

Can we forget about closed doors. Leave aside the demand on the emergency services, there is the shear number of tests required. It is not just a test and instant result, there is a 3 day turn around on the current test, so it would have to be all the coaches and reserves and backroom staff that come into contact with the first team. plus the referees and assistants and perhaps also their families too. Lets make a conservative estimate of 50 tests per club times 42 clubs is 2,100 tests, just for football.

Then when do you test and how often ? It would need to be atleast 3 days before a match to get the results back and presumably you would want to test before each match. I'm not sure how many matches are remaining on the calendar, but adding in cup games there must be over 50, so that takes us to over 100,000 tests.

Finally, what happens if a player fails a test. He will have been in contact with others in the squad who would assumably also need to go into 14 days isolation. If we are talking about 2 games per week, presumably that will be 4 games that need to be postponed every time there is a failed test.

Totally impractical.

• Like 1

Whatever league we end up in next season, I think it's unlikely it'll be business as usual for Scottish football until a vaccine is universally available, and that's unlikely to be any time this year.   That being the case, clubs won't be getting their usual gate revenue, so it's inevitable that some  clubs will go to the wall in the interim.   That may force some league reconstruction in 2021/22.

Our task will be to make sure we're not one of the clubs that goes under,  so making sure our money goes to PTFC, rather than to clubs that have shafted us, should be part of our response.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I understand the complications in league reconstruction that involves the SPL, but as this is about terminating the lower leagues, would there be a case for changing them. 

So, no relegation, but 2 promoted from each league and Brora / Keilty added to league 2 to give a 12-10-10 structure. The reduced prize money in the Championship as a result of 2 extra teams would be offset by 4 additional home games for each club. I'm sure that cups can be adjusted to accomodate the extra fixtures.

The only team who would now suffer is Dundee Utd, but even then that would be decided at a later date when a decision on the SPL/Hearts is made. 

Have I missed something ?

It's a reasonable suggestion. It obviously doesn't address the Dundee United-Hearts situation which I think, objectively, is the most controversial one of all. But it does mean that the Premier's financilal politics could be detatched from the lower leagues, perhaps with the option (depending on what the Premier clubs decide) to promote Dundee United and ICT and revert to ten in the Championship.

Possibly the big blocker in a democratic/self-interest sense would be League 1 clubs, who probably budget on having at least one bigger team in there, and might be reluctant to agree to a league without Thistle, Falkirk or Raith Rovers.

And there lies the problem with the democratic voting system. An action that severely damages one club but suits all others will be more popular than one which shares the burden.

Edited by allyo

I think the club's silence so far is correct and should continue until Dundee's vote is known. If Dundee vote yes then I would hope for the following from PTFC:

1.  An expression of disappointment in Dundee with a detailed step by step account of communications between the 3 clubs (ICT, Dundee and Jags) - in the same manner of the earlier ICT statement. This should confirm the claims made by ICT and show Dundee up for what they are. 

To summarise what fans on here seem to be suggesting:

2. Get together with Rangers, Hearts, Falkirk and any other club of a similar mind and create as much disruption as possible, delay distribution of prize money (court injunction) and if possible, even court action to cancel vote. We must demonstrate to all and sundry this is not over; 

FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE

3. When football resumes we should not run supporter's buses to 'yes' clubs and discourage jags fans from going to these grounds (I would suggest with particular attention to Raith, Forfar, Dundee) - the exceptions Falkirk, ICT, East Fife any other 'No' clubs. If fans can afford it gate money saved should be donated to PTFC. 

4. We should all do our best to attend every home game in whatever league we are playing in.

The above will no doubt attract criticism from far and wide but what the hell we have few friends in football anyway. Might as well become the 'Leeds Utd' of Scotland. 

If any fellow fans would like to add some balance and calmness to above please do - for I am bloody angry if as expected Dundee vote yes! 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, AirdrieJag said:

Whatever league we end up in next season, I think it's unlikely it'll be business as usual for Scottish football until a vaccine is universally available, and that's unlikely to be any time this year.   That being the case, clubs won't be getting their usual gate revenue, so it's inevitable that some  clubs will go to the wall in the interim.   That may force some league reconstruction in 2021/22.

Our task will be to make sure we're not one of the clubs that goes under,  so making sure our money goes to PTFC, rather than to clubs that have shafted us, should be part of our response.

Would love Dundee to be one of those.

25 minutes ago, AirdrieJag said:

Out of likes but well said and again we can help do our bit here

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-the-jags?utm_source=whatsapp-visit&utm_medium=chat&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

5 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I think the club's silence so far is correct and should continue until Dundee's vote is known. If Dundee vote yes then I would hope for the following from PTFC:

1.  An expression of disappointment in Dundee with a detailed step by step account of communications between the 3 clubs (ICT, Dundee and Jags) - in the same manner of the earlier ICT statement. This should confirm the claims made by ICT and show Dundee up for what they are. 

To summarise what fans on here seem to be suggesting:

2. Get together with Rangers, Hearts, Falkirk and any other club of a similar mind and create as much disruption as possible, delay distribution of prize money (court injunction) and if possible, even court action to cancel vote. We must demonstrate to all and sundry this is not over; 

FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE

3. When football resumes we should not run supporter's buses to 'yes' clubs and discourage jags fans from going to these grounds (I would suggest with particular attention to Raith, Forfar, Dundee) - the exceptions Falkirk, ICT, East Fife any other 'No' clubs. If fans can afford it gate money saved should be donated to PTFC. 

4. We should all do our best to attend every home game in whatever league we are playing in.

The above will no doubt attract criticism from far and wide but what the hell we have few friends in football anyway. Might as well become the 'Leeds Utd' of Scotland. 

If any fellow fans would like to add some balance and calmness to above please do - for I am bloody angry if as expected Dundee vote yes! 

Wholeheartedly agree with your post , with the exception of Point 1.

The time for an "expression of disappointment" is long gone. The onlything these people understand and will take heed of is direct action which will inflict disruption, delay and have financial consequences. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

If we end up relegated, and the tarts are somehow saved from relegation, then I hope that every single Thistle supporter will agree not to pay any money to any of the clubs that voted for this to happen. No crap about "supporting the team."

If you want to support the team, then give that money you would spend on transport and then to get into those grounds to PTFC instead. By giving your money to those who voted to get us relegated, you are in fact enriching them while possibly prolonging our stay to where we have been banished.

For a "cuddly toy," we have very few friends in Scottish football. 

Well said Sir.

All Jags fans should treat every one  of  those clubs the way Liverpool ( the whole damn city) treated the Sun newspaper.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AirdrieJag said:

Agree with your sentiment but I think a lot will depend on the response from those who routinely travel to away games on the supporters buses.   

. @PartickThistle asking @spfl ceo Neil Doncaster to circulate full details to all 42 clubs of the loans they could get from the League. Thistle say SPFL emergency loans are open to any club to apply for whether to cover for expected prize money  or another purpose @BBCSportScot

46 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Can we forget about closed doors. Leave aside the demand on the emergency services, there is the shear number of tests required. It is not just a test and instant result, there is a 3 day turn around on the current test, so it would have to be all the coaches and reserves and backroom staff that come into contact with the first team. plus the referees and assistants and perhaps also their families too. Lets make a conservative estimate of 50 tests per club times 42 clubs is 2,100 tests, just for football.

Then when do you test and how often ? It would need to be atleast 3 days before a match to get the results back and presumably you would want to test before each match. I'm not sure how many matches are remaining on the calendar, but adding in cup games there must be over 50, so that takes us to over 100,000 tests.

Finally, what happens if a player fails a test. He will have been in contact with others in the squad who would assumably also need to go into 14 days isolation. If we are talking about 2 games per week, presumably that will be 4 games that need to be postponed every time there is a failed test.

Totally impractical.

Not sure why it’s impractical in our country but that’s the way things are going to start over in Germany, England etc , there is no easy way with no vaccine available but temperature checks etc will obviously be a factor in this as well .

I believe we’ll all be back at work within the next 3 months and it’s something business is going to have to deal with till there is a vaccine available.

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

. @PartickThistle asking @spfl ceo Neil Doncaster to circulate full details to all 42 clubs of the loans they could get from the League. Thistle say SPFL emergency loans are open to any club to apply for whether to cover for expected prize money  or another purpose @BBCSportScot

Bet we get an out of office reply...

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Gretna received money the year they went bust in order to fulfil their commitment to play their remaining games.  It can be done.

They didn't vote to end the season because games couldn't be played.

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

He probably wont get it.:thinking:

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Not sure why it’s impractical in our country but that’s the way things are going to start over in Germany, England etc , there is no easy way with no vaccine available but temperature checks etc will obviously be a factor in this as well .

I believe we’ll all be back at work within the next 3 months and it’s something business is going to have to deal with till there is a vaccine available.

I am sure i have read/heard the Scottish players union does not want games played behind doors.

4 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Should've had temperature checks when Stevie Fulton 'played' for us...