What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

4 minutes ago, p12tfc said:

How could Dundee possibly be promoted over ICT?

In retrospect, probably agree with that.

Losers would be Elgin 12 pts behind 2nd place and voted to finish the season now, Airdrie 4 pts behind 2nd place and voted to end now and Dundee 4 pts behind BUT voted NO (or didn't vote)

43 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

Probably the stuff about the missing PDF document is academic now but did anyone else notice  the voting instructions were to reply by FAX?  There's once sentence in the Opinion with 132 words! I wonder if these guys are paid by the word. 

afk, the instructions were to return the voting paper by fax OR scan and send by email.  Two email addresses were included but those have now been blanked out (presumably at the request of the account holders) along with the name of the Dundee Secretary, again, presumably at the request of the club secretary, Eric Drysdale (the man charged with submitting the DFC vote).

The SPFL Board includes three Ladbrokes Premiership representatives, two from the Ladbrokes Championship and one covering Ladbrokes League 1 and Ladbrokes League 2. 

Elected to serve on the 2019/20 SPFL Board, alongside SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey, were: 

•    Ladbrokes Premiership: Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Stewart Robertson (Rangers)

•    Ladbrokes Championship: Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic), Graham Peterkin (Ayr United) 

•    Ladbrokes League 1 and League 2: Ken Ferguson (Brechin City)

51 minutes ago, steve61 said:

You say 'no losers'. What division would you have Hearts, Dundee Utd, ourselves and Raith in?

Under the current SPFL arrangement Hearts/Dundee UTD is to be decided at a later date once the SPL is completed, so it is no change. Other than that no relegation and 2 promotted with Brora/Keilty promoted to make up the numbers

Play to completion and League One might lose their biggest club anyway.

12 hours ago, policemans whistle said:

It would be interesting to find how this vote came about. I read Doncaster made the proposal, but what journey does it make before it reaches him. Also who is on the committee?  Looking at the Spfl website, there is no section giving the names of office bearers.

The membership of the SPFL Board and therefore the people who pushed this forward was published in an earlier BBC Sports News article. From memory it included Robertson (Rangers) and representatives (assume Chairmen or CEOs) from Alloa and Dunfermline. Can't recall the rest other than SPFL Chairman. 

Article suggested discussion was very heated with Robertson being very aggressive in his complete rejection of the proposal. In fact 'sources' have suggested his continued membership of the Board has been compromised such was his opposition!

17 minutes ago, policemans whistle said:

The SPFL Board includes three Ladbrokes Premiership representatives, two from the Ladbrokes Championship and one covering Ladbrokes League 1 and Ladbrokes League 2. 

Elected to serve on the 2019/20 SPFL Board, alongside SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster, chairman Murdoch MacLennan and independent non-executive director Karyn McCluskey, were: 

•    Ladbrokes Premiership: Alan Burrows (Motherwell), Les Gray (Hamilton Academical), Stewart Robertson (Rangers)

•    Ladbrokes Championship: Ross McArthur (Dunfermline Athletic), Graham Peterkin (Ayr United) 

I should have read all the posts before entering my contribution. I thought Alloa were the other Championship representive! Clearly I was wrong. 

44 minutes ago, sandy said:

Another day, another SPFL Board Meeting at 5pm. What a mess 

Another one today?

And why do they have them at 5pm , why not during the day like any normal organisation? Is it so they can have a bevvy whist sitting about callouding? ?

14 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

The membership of the SPFL Board and therefore the people who pushed this forward was published in an earlier BBC Sports News article. From memory it included Robertson (Rangers) and representatives (assume Chairmen or CEOs) from Alloa and Dunfermline. Can't recall the rest other than SPFL Chairman. 

Article suggested discussion was very heated with Robertson being very aggressive in his complete rejection of the proposal. In fact 'sources' have suggested his continued membership of the Board has been compromised such was his opposition!

Is this another rule in the 110 page constitution? If you disagree vehemently with what the Board propose- you will be asked to leave the Board.? Very democratic.

I see Raith's Bill Clark is up in arms at the possibility his club won't be declared champions or promoted. 

This is the same guy who was happy to vote for:

Phase 1-  declaration of end of season, distribution of prize money and relegation of Hearts, Partick and Stranraer (an option which he described as "damage the least number of clubs") and 

Phase 2 - meaningful discussions on league reconstruction to save Hearts, Partick and Stranraer "if possible" 

And we all know what "if possible  means! 

Now that the discussion is swinging the other way out come his true colours - utter hypocrit! Looks like he will now support any model proposed for reconstruction! 

Kirkcaldy definitely off my list of away games!! 

1 minute ago, Emsca said:

Is this another rule in the 110 page constitution? If you disagree vehemently with what the Board propose- you will be asked to leave the Board.? Very democratic.

My memory not great. Membership included Ayr not Alloa. Rest of my comment accurate from various reports of meeting. Describing SPFL as democratic would I think be inappropriate. 

They have lost all credibility no matter how this ends. Hope Dundee continue to delay declaring their vote as it is clearly causing the SPFL  a lot of stress! 

I

14 minutes ago, javeajag said:

The only new bit is that football is unlikely to start before August - I doubt anyone is surprised by that. 
I suppose admitting that both seasons can’t be completed, surely the best option is to complete this one and curtail next season somehow.

2 hours ago, policemans whistle said:

Are you sure Graham Peterkin is on the board and not Ewen Cameron (Alloa)?

2 hours ago, AlgarveJag said:

afk, the instructions were to return the voting paper by fax OR scan and send by email.  Two email addresses were included but those have now been blanked out (presumably at the request of the account holders) along with the name of the Dundee Secretary, again, presumably at the request of the club secretary, Eric Drysdale (the man charged with submitting the DFC vote).

Cheers AJ.  Fair enough. Para 7 of the legal opinion appears to reproduce the instructions from the actual Resolution  voting form. It only mentions by Fax.

20 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

They set up to announce DFC vote then the club statement made it a damp squib

A reconstruction working party was set up

20 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-26/

Statement from Dundee.  It's (deliberately?) ambiguous.   Not sure where this leaves us.