What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

I don't like this sentence at all, as far as I'm concerned PTFC & ICTFC have reacted in an acceptable and honest manner and had no reason not to 'out' DFC:

Because of the situation detailed above, it was our intention (as the world has seen through the disappointing and regrettable actions of two championship clubs) to vote ‘no’ on the proposed resolution.

I posted earlier on this topic, that a group of horse racing trainers were putting forward a plan to resume racing behind close doors in early May. This still the case. The intention is to start at Lingfield, with local trainers involved. Also a group of English football clubs, are working on a proposal to start the leagues again in early June. The games to be played behind closed doors

6 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I don't like this sentence at all, as far as I'm concerned PTFC & ICTFC have reacted in an acceptable and honest manner and had no reason not to 'out' DFC:

Because of the situation detailed above, it was our intention (as the world has seen through the disappointing and regrettable actions of two championship clubs) to vote ‘no’ on the proposed resolution.

It’s not referring to us I don’t think 

26 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I don't think taking screenshots of a whats app group conversation and showing them to the world is an acceptable thing to do and would imagine those that did so will now be regretting it, even given their anger at the time.

• Like 2

aC2FeOMH_bigger.jpg

So this new

statement https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-26/ leaves me none the wiser . It says they “regret” the leak (to me)

I'm none the wiser - who leaked it to him? ICT chair discussed it on the radio undoubtedly as Dundee stopped all contact & he felt shafted ... who else?

50 minutes ago, AirdrieJag said:

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-26/

Statement from Dundee.  It's (deliberately?) ambiguous.   Not sure where this leaves us.   

Don't see it as ambiguous to be honest.  Seems a good statement both from their fans' perspective and also from that of other clubs.  What puzzles me though is the reference to other Championship clubs who Dundee seemingly expected to vote No but didn't.

5 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

Don't see it as ambiguous to be honest.  Seems a good statement both from their fans' perspective and also from that of other clubs.  What puzzles me though is the reference to other Championship clubs who Dundee seemingly expected to vote No but didn't.

I didn't read the statement as the above. 

I read it as a dig at us and ICT for publishing the voting slips! I have read and re-read the statement and don't see how it could be interpreted any other way. 

However if you are correct it adds another interesting dimension to this sorry saga. 

6 minutes ago, Weebaw1 said:

Reconstruction is a non starter and a red herring.

I would like it to happen but there is no chance whatsoever.

You’re right and if John Nelms has had meaningful discussions with Doncaster and Co about voting Yes and putting League Reconstruction on the table he’d been seriously misguided. 

If it was put to the Clubs who would have to vote for it , IMO  it’s doubtful it would pass as some Clubs would have their prize/tv money diluted.

For ‘ Sporting Integrity ‘ he’s got to stick to his original No vote and that then would spring dialogue between all the Clubs to see how this can be resolved, rather than going on possibly false promises from Doncaster and his cronies.

12 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

The reference is to 2 other Premiership clubs who they expected to vote no but didn't

"at least two Premiership clubs had modified their position from the understanding we had the day prior."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I didn't read the statement as the above. 

I read it as a dig at us and ICT for publishing the voting slips! I have read and re-read the statement and don't see how it could be interpreted any other way. 

However if you are correct it adds another interesting dimension to this sorry saga. 

We didn’t  publish them ? And they had pulled back from voting no before that was done ?

OBR report yesterday about economy, employment etc. was based upon 3 months lockdown, 3 months partial lockdown. No way events with crowds are going to be permitted until lockdown totally lifted. God knows when that’ll be but I don’t think football before Sept is likely. Why don’t we complete the season (and maybe have a cup tourney) then and have a ‘21 season over the summer months? Voila - the summer season many want!

It may be the case that Aberdeen and Hibs were going to vote No. Changed their mind as their would be flak from their fan base ( 1. The Rangers scenario and 2. The Hearts scenario ). So the blame for a NO vote would lie with Dundee ( and ICT/PTFC ). Cute when you think about it. 

Edited by dl1971
Typo