What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

47 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Chances are that being in League 1, we will need to trim the squad to survive. Interesting to see who has relegation release clause in their contracts.

Sadly and perhaps more importantly a number of decent and hardworking non playing staff will be likely released as the club cuts costs.

this is what angers me that these people are going to be released while it’s fine for Dundee to change their vote and the corrupt £388000 a year man Doncaster let’s this happen 

23 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I don’t see what Dundee expect from reconstruction as I can’t see how they can go up from 3rd place.

interested in this part of the statement though:

Relegated clubs must have financial assistance to help soften the landing so they can begin the next season on more equitable footing.  Through our discussions it appears that there is an appetite to provide various forms of support from other member clubs if these clubs are in fact relegated.  Further details of these acts of kindness and solidarity will be worked out amongst the member clubs. 

What a patronising/Trumpesue fud.:angry2:

Does anyone actually know what the fck s happening?

Are we definitely relegated?

Are  Dun United not getting promoted?

When is this possible ( sham) League  reconstruction happening? Is it next season or the following season?

Truly truly sick and disillusioned by the whole thing , but we  will be back at Firhill at the 1st opportunity. Will be very particular about which away games we attend.

2 up from Championship this season, no relegation from Premiership to championship. League to split top 6 and bottom 8.  Playoff scrapped 1 up 1 down in future.

1 down from Championship 3 up from 1st division - Format as is, but 1 up and 1 down with 9th 8th and 7th to compete against 2nd 3rd and 4th from new league 1 for 2 places in championship 

1st division and 2nd to join as 1 league of 18 with 36 games.. Top promoted, 2nd 3rd and 4th in playoff league as above. Bottom 2 relegated via pyramid.

Edited by Norgethistle

5 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

3 up from Championship this season, no relegation from Premiership to championship. League to split top 6 and bottom 8.  

1 down from Championship 3 up from 1st division - Format as is

1st division and 2nd to join as 1 league of 18 with 36 games.

Ah! So only Partick Thistle are punished. But 3 up from Championship doesn't add up.

Edited by Garscube Road End

4 minutes ago, West of Scotland said:

We'll have to see how many clubs still exist in, say, August, to see what sort of leagues we can have.

If there is any justice in the world, most of the clubs who voted YES will be bankrupt. 
BOYCOTT THOSE WHO VOTED YES!

1 hour ago, Jagtastic said:

Ann Budge heading up the reconstruction panel with Les Gray of Hamilton? 

More to come from this.  

We will probably still get screwed though.

After the complete and utter shambles we’ve witnessed over the last few days it’s unbelievable that the person they’ve chosen to head up the league reconstruction task force just happens to be the chairman of one of the clubs who will be badly affected if there is no reconstruction!! You really couldn’t make it up. Looking on the bright side, it’s probably a plus for us as she should be looking to push it through to save her own club from the drop. Ever the optimist!

Sickened by the whole thing. Why bother with supporting SPFL  league, who hope this will blow over and Thistle will know their place. If we had even couple more points out with game in hand and final games, it would have been another team’s dilemma. This just caps a disastrous two and a half years watching club struggle on and off pitch. 

5 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

None of this adds up. 2 up to make 14 Premiership. 1 down from Championship 3 up from Leahue 1 makes 10. That leaves 20 clubs for combined League 1.

3 minutes ago, Garscube Road End said:

Forget what I said. It looks feasible. 14-10-18.

Top league splits after all teams played home and away - 26 games

Top 6 play each other home and away - 36 games

bottom 8 do same - 40 games (extra games to generate income from less cup runs and no Europe)

I think that’s me finished with football. This outcome is completely unfair and absolutely corrupt. At a time when communities are trying to work together for the benefit of others, this leaves a particularly bad taste in the mouth. Nothing changes in the murky world of Scottish football. Good riddance 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

3 up from Championship this season, no relegation from Premiership to championship. League to split top 6 and bottom 8.  

1 down from Championship 3 up from 1st division - Format as is

1st division and 2nd to join as 1 league of 18 with 36 games.

Would this not in a sense relegate us twice as we would be playing in bottom league and visiting Brechin and Albion Rovers etc next season?

Edited by elevenone

3 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Top league splits after all teams played home and away - 26 games

Top 6 play each other home and away - 36 games

bottom 8 do same - 40 games (extra games to generate income from less cup runs and no Europe)

I like this idea Norge, but surely no relegation and two up via pyramid keeping status quo in Championship. Leagues 1 & 2 is best for everyone. 

5 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I don't want to sound paranoid, but  this looks like Thistle are the only team to be relegated ? Really.

Yes think you are right.

I go back to what I said a few days ago- I would  send a letter of resignation and tell them to stick their 110 page constitution up their collective arses.

Would rather not be part of this corrupt fckfest.

• Like 1