What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

2 up from Championship this season, no relegation from Premiership to championship. League to split top 6 and bottom 8.  Playoff scrapped 1 up 1 down in future.

1 down from Championship 3 up from 1st division - Format as is, but 1 up and 1 down with 9th 8th and 7th to compete against 2nd 3rd and 4th from new league 1 for 2 places in championship 

1st division and 2nd to join as 1 league of 18 with 36 games.. Top promoted, 2nd 3rd and 4th in playoff league as above. Bottom 2 relegated via pyramid.

Is this your idea or what you have heard?

15 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

I think Celtic would prefer a non asterix title to show they won it fair and square. It will always be tarnished in the gloating war ( not that I care ).  I'm surprised the other half cant see that....actually I'm not. Back to Thistle. As long as we dont go down im relatively happy. Time to put our interests to the front.

They either get an asterisk one or none if UEFA null and void the leagues

42 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Because we published legal advice and rocked the apple cart

Or... (been out with the dog and thinking about this)...

League 1 needed a "big" team to ensure their income. That's the logical explanation that I can think of, but if it comes to pass it will be scandalous. Absolutely no one in this whole thing has suggested that third placed teams were worthy of promotion. Yet countless people have said that relegation on the basis of an unfinished season is wrong.

I still can't see it. It would be beyond any kind of reasonable justification.

Edited by allyo

11 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Notice play off from championship to premier scrapped, i knew they would do that as soon as they could. I know it wont affect us for a while.

This is shocking if comes to fruition. So the league will be bigger and there is less chance to get relegated. #closedshop. 

if the league is expanded surely there should be more promotion relegation not less. Would some up Scottish football to a tee

13 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Is this your idea or what you have heard?

This s what I’ve heard as one of the proposals.

Keeps 4 old firm games.

Keeps Hearts and Accies up

Almost guarantees Dundee the title next year with us, Utd and Caley out along with no Premiership drop down.

Gets rid of playoff at Premiership which top clubs didn’t want.

With bottom 4 of Championship and Top 4 of !eague 1 all involved to end of season, will apparently make it interesting till the death  

1 minute ago, allyo said:

League 1 needed a "big" team to ensure their income. 

I’m sure that motivated a lot of chairmen to vote for the proposal but that’s going to backfire on them when they see the number of Thistle fans who will visit them after stabbing us in the back for their own personal selfish reasons. F**K ‘EM!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Big Col said:

I’m sure that motivated a lot of chairmen to vote for the proposal but that’s going to backfire on them when they see the number of Thistle fans who will visit them after stabbing us in the back for their own personal selfish reasons. F**K ‘EM!!

But as happened with Rangers, if a team is winning and challenging boycotts go out the window. Rangers still took their full allocation for tannadice in the cup the season after they had to restart

30 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Notice play off from championship to premier scrapped, i knew they would do that as soon as they could. I know it wont affect us for a while.

Just for this season...unless reconstruction changes that down the line.

4 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

But as happened with Rangers, if a team is winning and challenging boycotts go out the window. Rangers still took their full allocation for tannadice in the cup the season after they had to restart

The simple action here is to support the team at home but not away for most clubs .....exceptions can always be made for some games 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scotty said:

Dundee are behind this. So Hearts stay where they are, no promotion from the Championship and all other relegations and promotions go ahead.

I think there is no mention of Hearts being relegated so far because this shambolic vote was about ending the season in the lower divisions. Hence the declaration of champions and relegation in these divisions. 

Hearts will be formally relegated, like us, when the SPL Clubs are asked to vote to end their season. Consequently Dundee Utd will be promoted! 

It's after this point in the process that  meaningful reconstruction talks kick in. It is encouraging that a steering group of sorts  has been formed and that Budge is involved. She seems an honest and principled person. 

However I have no trust or faith in the SPFL or that reconstruction will actually happen and suspect that the fact it is being led by people from Hearts and Hamilton  Accies, the two bottom clubs in the SPL, is window dressing! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

The simple action here is to support the team at home but not away for most clubs .....exceptions can always be made for some games 

Fully agree with this. Would also add the point made earlier by others that money that would have been spent on going to away games is donated to the club instead. 

For me that would mean donating the gate money to the club.

Exceptions for away games would be (depending where everybody is actually playing)  Falkirk, ICT, East Fife, Dumbarton. The rest can get stuffed especially Dundee, Raith & Forfar - for actions and words. 

We should not run supporters buses to any of the rest.