What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

Just now, Thistle88 said:

Too many people giving up too easy. **** them we are a bigger team than we care to show, it’s about ******* time we are together against this shambolic decision.

It’s not about giving up on Thistle, it’s about giving up on this shiiiite. 
I’d watch Thistle in the Juniors before I watch this WWE style nonsense.

• Like 1

Talk is of a 14 team top flight. If Hearts and Hamilton are on the taskforce then there will be no relegation.

Dundee utd and ICT promoted to make 14. Dundee miss out - possible carrot of 2 automatic promotions next year( who knows) for which Dundee would likely be favourites

But that leaves an 8 team championship- unless they decide to promote 3 from league 1, which is unlikely. Then it will be 2 from league 1 with thistle avoiding relegation to make up the 10

Presumably a highland and lowland league team will make up the league 2 numbers.

Ultimately you need to bring in two new teams to the SPFL to avoid any relegation with a 14 top flight

Could be totally wrong the way things are going. But maybe all is not lost yet

Edited by Jag36

15 minutes ago, Jag36 said:

Talk is of a 14 team top flight. If Hearts and Hamilton are on the taskforce then there will be no relegation.

Dundee utd and ICT promoted to make 14. Dundee miss out - possible carrot of 2 automatic promotions next year( who knows) for which Dundee would likely be favourites

But that leaves an 8 team championship- unless they decide to promote 3 from league 1, which is unlikely. Then it will be 2 from league 1 with thistle avoiding relegation to make up the 10

Presumably a highland and lowland league team will make up the league 2 numbers.

Ultimately you need to bring in two new teams to the SPFL to avoid any relegation with a 14 top flight

Could be totally wrong the way things are going. But maybe all is not lost yet

Still a shambles.

1 minute ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Still a shambles.

Don't disagree with you there. The whole process has been corupt and a mess. Even if the outcome is no relegation for thistle the SPFL still have to be held to account. Was just making the point that maybe relegation is not inevitable

1 hour ago, allyo said:

I think your pal's winding you up. :)

Honestly, I reckon I've been about as reasonable as you could be about this stuff. To the point that it's probably annoyed some people. I accept (but don't like) that we have a structure where clubs are getting to decide on this. I accept that they will vote to suit themselves. I accept that finishing the season was going to be difficult and therefore shutting it down and relegating us was always a possibility. I could have accepted that on the basis that it had been voted for. I didn't go for any of the talk of corruption, or recriminations.

However the Dundee situation was immediately dodgy. What you are suggesting takes it to another level, where the leagues are being manipulated specifically in order to relegate Thistle. That's beyond the pale.

But we'll see 

This ludicrous proposal has achieved its goal by causing a lot of anger on this forum.  Its now blatantly obvious that the spfl board is not fit for purpose but will continue to run the show as they continue to divide and conquer with our clubs fighting  over the scraps through self interest .

As you have stated allyo, this suggestion that  myself believe is bullshit and mischief making, takes us to a new dimension.  If this proposal was to somehow become a  genuine runner and voted on, i would be astounded . The spfl has to be challenged in some way as this is not a democratic way to run scottish football.  A difficult task for thistle  to tackle if they decide this is unacceptable as they will get zero backing from other clubs. I base my comment on norge stating 3 up from league 1 and 1 down from championship.

Edited by mulguy jag

14 ,10,10,10 will be done no relegation and everyone moves along happily... Doncaster plays it as if it was the plan all along. 

Budge has to deliver on reconstruction otherwise hearts are relegated, it will be announced very quickly. Prize money from first and second will drop a wee bit to cover teams 13 and 14. Split into 6 and 8, 2 extra home games for bottom 8 possibly offset loss of 3rd game v rantic. removal of playoffs 2 up and 2 down. 

Possibly being niave but that's a realistic outcome and will keep most happy. Decision day is 23rd April when uefa next meet and it depends what they say about calling top leagues as done. 

1 hour ago, gianlucatoni said:

According to the Daily Record, we have until Friday at 10 a.m. to apply for an interim interdict to prevent payment of monies to clubs.

Is that really how they're positioning this?

We're not trying to prevent payment of monies to clubs.

My blood would be boiling more than it is but guess I'm used to it after years of being cheated in one way or another.

It's disgusting that people behave in the way they do, to get what they want.

I've really convinced myself that Thistle would be on the right side of this even if our circumstances were different.

In fact, I know we would.

I'm pretty sure that our fan base gravitate towards The Jags because we are like minded fair people.

As much as this annoys me, I'd be more likely to not support Us if we were a bunch of cheating scum w4nkers.

I'm convinced that there was no serious plan in place for reconstruction of the leagues before Friday's fiasco. This  plan has been hatched over two hastily arranged SPFL board meetings to paper over the cracks. We are  living in quite extraordinary times. We can't finish this season and we have no idea when we will play football again. Until there is a vaccine produced, tested and distributed worldwide (which won't happen in September) there is every likelihood that there will be further disruptive periods in the months ahead. I hope, despite their haste, that the SPFL will take time to consider the implications of probable further interruptions. I hope they will make clear how future leagues will be decided before they begin.

I would suggest that, if next season (if/when it starts) is halted before halfway, it is null and void. If we get beyond that then the positions at halfway are declared final placings. Would add an exciting dimension.

5 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Is that really how they're positioning this?

We're not trying to prevent payment of monies to clubs.

My blood would be boiling more than it is but guess I'm used to it after years of being cheated in one way or another.

It's disgusting that people behave in the way they do, to get what they want.

I've really convinced myself that Thistle would be on the right side of this even if our circumstances were different.

In fact, I know we would.

I'm pretty sure that our fan base gravitate towards The Jags because we are like minded fair people.

As much as this annoys me, I'd be more likely to not support Us if we were a bunch of cheating scum w4nkers.

Wholly agree.

Read the Record article, such as it is, and I can’t think of any good reason why we shouldn’t challenge this in the Courts. 
Too bad if clubs go to the wall, this is meant to be a sport - when the competitive element is removed (by the clubs themselves) there is nothing left. 
I’ll be very disappointed if we don’t challenge this legally. Time to grow a set.

• Like 3

This is a tough one to know what to do. If the 12-10-10-10 no relegation does happen then we couldn’t have got a much better result, not just for us but for Scottish Football.  (The 3 up from championship is clearly a hoax). However that is hardly set in stone and we could end up with reconstruction plans ripped up once the money has been paid.
On balance I think we need to go to the courts if only to force the reconstruction.

11 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

This is a tough one to know what to do. If the 12-10-10-10 no relegation does happen then we couldn’t have got a much better result, not just for us but for Scottish Football.  (The 3 up from championship is clearly a hoax). However that is hardly set in stone and we could end up with reconstruction plans ripped up once the money has been paid.
On balance I think we need to go to the courts if only to force the reconstruction.

I don’t see where the legal case takes us. 
there seems two strands -

1. Dundee no vote should count - so they just hold another vote if we win that one 

2. The alternative we have come up with to put to the clubs is less-attractive than what they have just voted for given the inclusion of the potential need for directors to provide personal guarantees to provide the loans (going back to the solvency issues I mentioned days ago). In the world of legal theory that might seem a winner, but in the real world which club directors are going yo put  their own assets on the line when they don’t have to., especially at this most uncertain of times. So even if we win that portion  of the case and that option is put to a vote I don’t see how it prevails 

t  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Italian football hopes to return with the Coppa Italia semi-finals on May 27 and May 28, according to Gazzetta dello Sport 

Hope so. 

i am getting seriously jumpy  at the prospect of no football nor gigs for months and months ....

I hope your optimism is correct javeajag 

I know Norge's scenario came from a reliable source, but I just can't get my head around why they would promote the 3rd place team in Div 1 (ie Airdrie) and relegate us. After all, Airdrie voted to end the season now thus accepting their fate by staying in DIv 1.

1 minute ago, steve61 said:

I know Norge's scenario came from a reliable source.

How do you know that? I reckon it came from someone wanting to wind up a Thistle fan.

League reconstruction if it happens  (which I'm not entirely confident of, but we'll see) will be entirely for the purpose of eliminating relegation. To only apply it to Hearts and manipulate the leagues below specifically to create relegation...no. Would be shooting themselves in the foot. They might be devious but I don't believe they're that stupid

17 minutes ago, allyo said:

Similarly I struggle to see the practical benefits of a court appeal. Acknowledge that it might embarrass the SPFL and help us to feel that we are doing something rather than just accepting our fate.

I am sure that us exactly what the club are reviewing with their legal advisers ....no point in legal action if it doesn’t achieve anything on the hand it might give us some leverage if it pauses the process.....if there is a reasonable chance of overturning the decision then why not pursue it