What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Would we be better petitioning for and and getting a mandate for the independent inquiry into the dealings that went on. I'm sure that there are many clubs who voted yes who are not happy with how it was conducted. Worst case is that this shamble might never happen again. Best case would be a change in the SPFL executive and some fresh thinking. 

My thinking is now, sadly, that if we don't go down the legal route (whatever it may be) we WILL be ignored. Once the money has been paid, that will be that. Game over.

We may get reconstruction, we may not.

One thing I'm sure of though - we will be ignored.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

It is Jaf , but crucially it’s buying us time for meaningful dialogue.

But is it?

see previous posts. 

they surely just re run the vote and get same result?  
our  alternative will be less popular for the reasons already explained. 

so what do we truly achieve apart from playing to the gallery and getting a bill? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

What legal action could we honestly take and to where?

We are in fact part of a members club, we pay our dues and we get to be part of it and abide by the rules and decisions made by the members and its committee, basically the same as a bowling club without the cheap drinks.

If we are not happy with its running or decisions the choices we have (as part of the members club) is either petition to change/appeal from within, or resign our membership. I doubt if a court would see this as a criminal or civil matter. Ethically it is wrong, and it stinks to high heaven but I really don't see what we can do. 

I do not recall any football club taking its league to an outside court, highest I've seen is sporting court of arbitration 

We took the SPL To Court when they allowed a relaxation of the 10,000 Seat Stadium Rule to allow Inverness to be promoted and we got relegated - the Court Whilst Sympathetic ruled it was up a Sporting Issue and not for the Courts to get involved in - they would rule the exact same again 

We can Appeal top the SFA - EUFA and the Sport Arbitration Court - thats it  

Appears we have a hearts fighting our corner so some hope (a slim one) we will still be in championship next season. 

I would love tn belt The SPFL with legal action but it won't do any good and cost a money (a lot) that would be better used building a better squad. 

The best way to stick it up this shower is to win whatever league we are in and to keep winning. That's the way to do it! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Appears we have a hearts fighting our corner so some hope (a slim one) we will still be in championship next season. 

I would love tn belt The SPFL with legal action but it won't do any good and cost a money (a lot) that would be better used building a better squad. 

The best way to stick it up this shower is to win whatever league we are in and to keep winning. That's the way to do it! 

Winning that league will be a struggle. We will probably need to re-build a whole squad, that squad may also be part-time

6 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

That would be great in theory , but the financial implications are huge , we’ve went from approximately a 4 million turnover  3 years ago to possibly a turnover of circa 1 million if we get relegated.

At this point, the infrastructure of the Club comes into question, messed around with an Academy for the last 5/6 years , we’ve not got a batch of youngsters to come through and even play at a lower level.

Definately got to be a rethink on where we go as a Club, I personally would go with the youngsters over a period of time , rather than getting landed with journeymen players like McKinnon, Miller , Cardle , Harkins trying to get a final payday before they retire .

Big rethink on where we go as a Club 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Gerrard statement effectively telling us that the h*ns have nothing ...

"It's a bit of a mess" he says.

Game over.

Check mate.

Agree. If Sevco management were ever seriously upset by this they would been the first to threaten legal action and would have issued a statement or 5 by now.

Getting Gerrard to talk to the press and effectively say 'its not been handled well but we accept' implies that were never seriously against the proposal they just had to make the right noises to keep their fans onboard.

As others have said the legal route is pointless. If we are relegated the only action that can be taken is a fans boycott of away games and put our money back into Thistle. Won't register in the SPL but in leagues 1 and the championship it will have an effect.

39 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

It would be outstanding if due to some miraculous improvements in the current pandemic, the Premier League was able to resume and one of the f**kwit clubs who voted yes got relegated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

But that's exactly the outcome they want.

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

That would be great in theory , but the financial implications are huge , we’ve went from approximately a 4 million turnover  3 years ago to possibly a turnover of circa 1 million if we get relegated.

At this point, the infrastructure of the Club comes into question, messed around with an Academy for the last 5/6 years , we’ve not got a batch of youngsters to come through and even play at a lower level.

Definately got to be a rethink on where we go as a Club, I personally would go with the youngsters over a period of time , rather than getting landed with journeymen players like McKinnon, Miller , Cardle , Harkins trying to get a final payday before they retire .

Big rethink on where we go as a Club 

“Going with youngsters over a period” -  ahhh, the Barnsley model!!!  (Sorry I know it’s no time for humour, but if you didn’t laugh you would cry) 

Edited by jaf

2 minutes ago, jaf said:

“Going with youngsters over a period” -  ahhh, the Barnsley model!!!  (Sorry I know it’s no time for humour, but if you didn’t laugh you would cry) 

What’s the point of the Academy then ? , we’ve got youngsters within the system who’ve got a chance Billy Owens , Andy Rodden , Dean Watson. Bradley Renfrew but they’re not been given a chance to play football with no u 20s League.

Lets go with your plan and get Harkins back from Stenny on a 2 year deal on 2k a week .

On our limited budget what kind of players do you think we’ll get for approximately £300 per week .

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

What’s the point of the Academy then ? , we’ve got youngsters within the system who’ve got a chance Billy Owens , Andy Rodden , Dean Watson. Bradley Renfrew but they’re not been given a chance to play football with no u 20s League.

Lets go with your plan and get Harkins back from Stenny on a 2 year deal on 2k a week .

On our limited budget what kind of players do you think we’ll get for approximately £300 per week .

Please don’t tell me Harkins was on 2 grand a week?

2 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

If they were good eneough they would have been given a chance either with us or out at loan at another club

Just now, Norgethistle said:

If they were good eneough they would have been given a chance either with us or out at loan at another club

Trouble is Norge we don’t know if they’re good enough , I’ve seen all of these players play and I think they’ve all got a chance , trouble is now what level to do you put them to now to progress, League 2 or the Juniors .

No point of an Academy if we don’t give them a chance , some will make it , some won’t .

In the Championship, fighting a relegation battle, there is no chance that McCall will go with inexperienced youngsters, if we are in a different division next year surely there has got be some sort of infrastructure and give the youngsters some sort of pathway to the first team