What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

51 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Even a closed doors game is hard to put on given the restrictions, and I'm told that the actual number of people [nominally 300] could vary from state to state [I read there are 16 different states in Germany]

These are strange times , listening to the media today, they’re all hedging their bets for some sort of vaccine, to date there has been no vaccine for any type of Coronavirus ( Sars etc ) , let alone this horrible strain

Society moving forward is going to have to do a risk assessment of age groups , health issues etc to limit numbers and stop the spread.

Whether any type of sport is on the agenda or even that important is debatable but fit sports people are probably not in the high risk factor of this horrible virus.

There has got to be a starting point somewhere and closed doors games doesn’t seem too far fetched to get things moving again before or even if they find a vaccine.

1 hour ago, jaf said:

Ayr United chairman has already publicly stated that he’s against reconstruction so why have him in the group? And now we know why our BoD backed down so quickly - if we didn’t, Ms Low wouldn’t get a seat at the table. So we’re still bowing down and dancing to the SPFL tune.

Just a talking shop hastily assembled to deflect the attention away from the disgrace that was the vote.

On 4/16/2020 at 6:45 PM, Whitelees jag said:

Ayr United already saying they are defo against a 14 team league pretty strong words..spfl only doing it to appease hearts and thistle.And why should Inverness get promoted when like ayr and dundee they are just in a play off place...

"to appease the likes of Hearts and Partick Thistle" 

"would consider promoting Inverness grossly unfair" 

I have written to Ayr Chairman Lachlan Cameron asking him why relegating Partick Thistle (2 points behind with a game in hand) is fair when  at the same time he considers promoting ICT (who share play-off places with Ayr and Dundee) as "grossly unfair"! 

I have also pointed out to him that the proposal is for  a TEMPORARY reconstruction of the league to HELP and not to APPEASE clubs like Hearts and Partick Thistle! 

I await his answer but I am not holding my breath! 

Cameron is probably pissed off with us because we took his manager and a player from him. I also suspect he knows Kerr (McCall replacement) will never deliver promotion. Just some sweet revenge for him. 

Another club which falls into the definitely not going to this away game category unless we are sweeping away all before us - in which case I will go and gloat - gate money will be worth it! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Even a closed doors game is hard to put on given the restrictions, and I'm told that the actual number of people [nominally 300] could vary from state to state [I read there are 16 different states in Germany]

I saw 248 people quoted.....but German clubs are back in training 

15 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

These are strange times , listening to the media today, they’re all hedging their bets for some sort of vaccine, to date there has been no vaccine for any type of Coronavirus ( Sars etc ) , let alone this horrible strain

Society moving forward is going to have to do a risk assessment of age groups , health issues etc to limit numbers and stop the spread.

Whether any type of sport is on the agenda or even that important is debatable but fit sports people are probably not in the high risk factor of this horrible virus.

There has got to be a starting point somewhere and closed doors games doesn’t seem too far fetched to get things moving again before or even if they find a vaccine.

I saw Dr Fauci from the US on tv yesterday say that there was a vaccine for sars ready but it wasn’t used as the outbreak receded and some of that work is informing current vaccine research 

the Oxford guys  are now moving to testing on humans inc those with Covid 

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I saw Dr Fauci from the US on tv yesterday say that there was a vaccine for sars ready but it wasn’t used as the outbreak receded and some of that work is informing current vaccine research 

the Oxford guys  are now moving to testing on humans inc those with Covid 

Hopefully we can get a vaccine for this horrible disease but certainly in the interim we’ve got to get society going again and try and limit numbers 

36 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

https://wwwbbc.co.uk/sport/football/52311090

Article by Tom English, BBC sport in which he lays into the SPFL ( Chairman & Chief Exc) and especially Dundee. Talks a lot about the injustice inflicted on us. 

Really demolishes the credibility of all of  the above

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52311090

Edited by BowenBoys

56 minutes ago, javeajag said:

He was speaking a few weeks ago when he said he didn't see how it could go ahead as players safety was paramount. If you notice in this article he also mentions the health of players. Just need to wait and see. Our season is over so doesn't affect us now.

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

"to appease the likes of Hearts and Partick Thistle" 

"would consider promoting Inverness grossly unfair" 

I have written to Ayr Chairman Lachlan Cameron asking him why relegating Partick Thistle (2 points behind with a game in hand) is fair when  at the same time he considers promoting ICT (who share play-off places with Ayr and Dundee) as "grossly unfair"! 

I have also pointed out to him that the proposal is for  a TEMPORARY reconstruction of the league to HELP and not to APPEASE clubs like Hearts and Partick Thistle! 

I await his answer but I am not holding my breath! 

Cameron is probably pissed off with us because we took his manager and a player from him. I also suspect he knows Kerr (McCall replacement) will never deliver promotion. Just some sweet revenge for him. 

Another club which falls into the definitely not going to this away game category unless we are sweeping away all before us - in which case I will go and gloat - gate money will be worth it! 

Please let us know if you get a response mate would be curious to hear what he says

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Please let us know if you get a response mate would be curious to hear what he says

I wrote to him before membership of the steering group was announced. I doubt he will be able to reply even if he wanted to. 

I doubt as  member of the steering group he will be able to promote his fair to relegate  us unfair on Ayr to promote ICT argument as it is totally flawed!