What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

25 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

I think this is a good idea, I would also take this a little further in that we could [as a group] finance a pre-match advert in the local newspaper of whatever team we are about to play on any given Saturday. This will just remind the local population that there will a lack of PTFC travelling support, and spell out the reasons why.

No idea how effective this could be, but at least it will allow us to 'vent' a little?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

I think this is a good idea, I would also take this a little further in that we could [as a group] finance a pre-match advert in the local newspaper of whatever team we are about to play on any given Saturday. This will just remind the local population that there will a lack of PTFC travelling support, and spell out the reasons why.

No idea how effective this could be, but at least it will allow us to 'vent' a little?

Good post. Totally agree. Time we started hitting back. We've cowered down for too long.

5 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Still be good if PTFC got the money from missed away games , not sure how we would do that 

• Like 1

The thing is would we not want to vent such feelings against those in the league we now depart rather than the new teams we shall meet. When voting in league 1 took place those teams were not really thinking about PTFC.  For us that would be QOS, Alloa and Greenock Morton.  To do the same against Dumbarton for instance would seem counter-productive in a way.

5 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Still be good if PTFC got the money from missed away games , not sure how we would do that 

Donate to the go fund me page or something similar say the cost of the ticket to the away ground or even just £10? Would they even open up the aitken suite for away games so we could listen to jagzone of the commentary (if it works)

apologies just seen scottys post

Edited by Third Lanark

4 minutes ago, topcat said:

The thing is would we not want to vent such feelings against those in the league we now depart rather than the new teams we shall meet. When voting in league 1 took place those teams were not really thinking about PTFC.  For us that would be QOS, Alloa and Greenock Morton.  To do the same against Dumbarton for instance would seem counter-productive in a way.

I think a few teams in 1st division were maybe voting yes as it means Falkirk and Thistle in the league next season..i know Forfar chairman touched on it last week before back tracking. Everyone has there own views but i will be giving away games a miss and i love an away day.

1 hour ago, topcat said:

Of course they weren’t, but the principle was the same. They weren’t caring about sporting integrity - only £ ££s

Embarrassing,  in the current situation, for Thistle to be associated with words such as "revenge". The entire country (or world) is in crisis and people are pulling together in heroic ways to support each other.

In that context this sounds pathetic. It's a debate for another day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scotty said:

Open the Aitken Suite, sell food and drink and live stream the jagzone commentary.

Could stream a classic game too, maybe get a player in each week from that game for a Q&A and photos etc?  Could do that before the actual game although live lunchtime EFL games might bring folk in earlier too?

1 hour ago, topcat said:

1 hour ago, Whitelees jag said:

I think a few teams in 1st division were maybe voting yes as it means Falkirk and Thistle in the league next season..i know Forfar chairman touched on it last week before back tracking. Everyone has there own views but i will be giving away games a miss and i love an away day.

26 minutes ago, allyo said:

Embarrassing,  in the current situation, for Thistle to be associated with words such as "revenge". The entire country (or world) is in crisis and people are pulling together in heroic ways to support each other.

These posts sum up my feelings precisely. Basically, depending on my mood, my feelings change. Bottom line is, it's a debate for another day.

31 minutes ago, allyo said:

I don’t think anybody on here or in the letter has used the word “revenge.” It’s the headline the Herald have used. I think it’s perfectly reasonable for people to discuss how fans should respond to what is, frankly, a total injustice that could have serious repercussions for our club and it’s staff. 

• Like 1

This is a Thistle forum, and as the club and fans are presently being treated abysmally by fellow members, then this is the time to discuss, not revenge, but appropriate action to let other clubs know we are sick of being regarded as the 'cuddly toy' of Scottish football. I hope selective games will be boycotted, although we needn't spend money on newspaper ads, and a donation made to the club by fans on away days.

I know we have bigger worries at this time but I'm sure fans come on to the forum to talk football and exchange views regardless of what's happening in the bigger world.

My partner, a nurse, is currently recovering from a Coved-19 infection and it's tragic the number of lives being lost, so don't say I'm selfish or don't care.

It helps to cling on to a bit of normality and the forum helps fulfil that function.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Harrybriscoe said:

This is a Thistle forum, and as the club and fans are presently being treated abysmally by fellow members, then this is the time to discuss, not revenge, but appropriate action to let other clubs know we are sick of being regarded as the 'cuddly toy' of Scottish football. I hope selective games will be boycotted, although we needn't spend money on newspaper ads, and a donation made to the club by fans on away days.

I know we have bigger worries at this time but I'm sure fans come on to the forum to talk football and exchange views regardless of what's happening in the bigger world.

My partner, a nurse, is currently recovering from a Coved-19 infection and it's tragic the number of lives being lost, so don't say I'm selfish or don't care.

It helps to cling on to a bit of normality and the forum helps fulfil that function.

Agree mate. Taking an advert out would be a waste of money. As you say better giving money to the club who lets face it are going to need every penny the longer this whole COVID19 goes on

i hope your partner is making a full recovery mate

I'll be doing exactly as Allan Cowan suggests. I don't think it is in anything to do with revenge. I'm just so utterly sickened by Scottish football I want to turn my back on it for good. Not even sure if still going to games at Firhill is about continuing to support the Jags or just about a bevvy with mates. Revenge would only play a part if I thought for a second Thistle would have voted against closing the leagues had they sitting 9th. Self-interest would have kicked in. The system is truly ******.