What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

6 hours ago, McCall Out said:

Corrrect me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Gordon Chisholm was the Queen's manager that day, while McCall was in charge of the team that lost the other semi final.

I said mccall signed many of the players from that squad, didn’t say he was the manager.

strangely enough no idea where Gordon Chisholm is these days, seems to have completely dropped off the radar from management 

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Whether or not they get the reconstruction of the leagues through, I think there should be a separate review and agreement on what to do in future if they league season can't be completed for any reason. Rather than retrospectively changing the rules, have it cast in stone now.

Think you’re right DD, astonishing double standards from Anne Budge and Co , seems it ok to give Dundee United the League and relegate ourselves with games to play but not ok to give Celtic the league and relegate Hearts with the same scenario.

You really couldn’t make it up 

34 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I said mccall signed many of the players from that squad, didn’t say he was the manager.

strangely enough no idea where Gordon Chisholm is these days, seems to have completely dropped off the radar from management 

Last I heard he had a backroom job at Sunderland. No idea if he's still there

21 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Think you’re right DD, astonishing double standards from Anne Budge and Co , seems it ok to give Dundee United the League and relegate ourselves with games to play but not ok to give Celtic the league and relegate Hearts with the same scenario.

You really couldn’t make it up 

Funny enough had exact same discussion over the Weekend - the only reason this Reconstruction Group Exists is to Save Hearts and award Celtic the League - beyond that they dont care ,,,,,,,,,

7 minutes ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Funny enough had exact same discussion over the Weekend - the only reason this Reconstruction Group Exists is to Save Hearts and award Celtic the League - beyond that they dont care ,,,,,,,,,

You’re right , not sure they’ve got much chance getting it put through with the archaic 11 - 1 voting system, short term reconstruction would mean 3 teams relegated next year , can’t see Ross County, St Mirren etc voting for that .

When the proposals were put forward , I think teams like ourselves should have been adequately compensated if relegation was our fate and also never heard about any conversations about supporters getting reimbursed for missing games, don’t think the supporters were even a consideration.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Emsca said:

Are you insane? We could not possibly have a vote where the decision is not known before everyone has voted. How could they make sure they get the right result ?

No no , that just would not do. 

Works fairly well for something called democracy! 

You might not like the outcome but it has to be accepted by those who vote as it produces an outcome arrived at freely, that is without coercion and bullying. Also removes post- ballot argy-bargy! 

The trick of course is that the vote is 'secret' and administered and counted by an independent, reliable and respected body! 

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Looking at the provisional League One table for next season and we will be 9th, just ahead of Peterhead on alphabetical order. I wonder how we would vote in 12 months time if the entire season is a washout ?

In our own interest - like everyone else has done on this occasion. 

5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Whether or not they get the reconstruction of the leagues through, I think there should be a separate review and agreement on what to do in future if they league season can't be completed for any reason. Rather than retrospectively changing the rules, have it cast in stone now.

That would be the sensible thing to do. But we are talking about the SPFL.:thinking:

3 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

You’re right , not sure they’ve got much chance getting it put through with the archaic 11 - 1 voting system, short term reconstruction would mean 3 teams relegated next year , can’t see Ross County, St Mirren etc voting for that .

When the proposals were put forward , I think teams like ourselves should have been adequately compensated if relegation was our fate and also never heard about any conversations about supporters getting reimbursed for missing games, don’t think the supporters were even a consideration.

All the discussion's i have heard,  season ticket holders have not been mentioned. I don't want a penny from Thistle, or any of the other teams that voted no. Those that voted to end the season should be liable for any payment to fans who have not had season ticket's honoured.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

All the discussion's i have heard,  season ticket holders have not been mentioned. I don't want a penny from Thistle, or any of the other teams that voted no. Those that voted to end the season should be liable for any payment to fans who have not had season ticket's honoured.

That's an interesting point AJ. I hadn't thought of  it like that. They have, in effect, voted to not supply goods that have been paid for. I'm sure they have all published their refund policy.

11 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

That's an interesting point AJ. I hadn't thought of  it like that. They have, in effect, voted to not supply goods that have been paid for. I'm sure they have all published their refund policy.

I don't expect to hear anything about season ticket refunds for 2019/20, not until the premiership is stopped anyway. Even then it probably won't be mentioned.

5 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

According to 'sportsound' on Saturday, there are 2 voting system,s 11-1 is if clubs promoted wish to share in end of season Premier pay outs or 75% vote they accept Championship payments. How they would sort that out I don't know.. It also needs 75% of all other clubs.

I think if reconstruction is to be achieved, I think we would have to have a 16 or 18 teams in the Championship.

I see Leeann Dempster has pulled out the reconstruction group to focus on the big issue. Maybe she's got a lab working to find a vaccine! I am thinking that the premiership clubs are going to stitch this up. If the eufa meeting this week allows it I can see them finishing things as they are, giving the clubs the european places and no relegation from or promotion to the top division.

4 minutes ago, scotty said:

I see Leeann Dempster has pulled out the reconstruction group to focus on the big issue. Maybe she's got a lab working to find a vaccine! I am thinking that the premiership clubs are going to stitch this up. If the eufa meeting this week allows it I can see them finishing things as they are, giving the clubs the european places and no relegation from or promotion to the top division.

She probably had a think about it and with the Hearts connection probably thought better of it , if she was seen trying to keep Hearts from getting relegated.