What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

1 hour ago, BowenBoys said:

That's great but we're  not in Germany.

In this age of technology, we’re going to have to do things differently if we want any football club to have some of business to actually come back to .  Pretty sure the Scottish Government aren’t going to bale out football clubs .

In the meantime , with no guarantee of any available vaccine any time soon, behind closed doors would buy us time and possibly give us some sort of income stream , there is only 2 options with supporters or no supporters if we want to keep our football clubs open.

2 hours ago, p12tfc said:

Agree with a lot of this but couldn’t disagree more re the manager. If I had to hand pick a manger to get a team out of league 1 from the current crop circling around the lowers leagues in Scottish football I would struggle to see a better option than McCall. 

It's a bit "in the knowish" from me but I wouldn't want Hartley anywhere near the Club. That aside, tho' I may not agree with everything the gentleman says, I would imagine he's not exactly expressing opinions too far from a lot of Jags fans. I'll just be happy if we have a club to support when we eventually come out of this whole crisis. 

7 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

In this age of technology, we’re going to have to do things differently if we want any football club to have some of business to actually come back to .  Pretty sure the Scottish Government aren’t going to bale out football clubs .

In the meantime , with no guarantee of any available vaccine any time soon, behind closed doors would buy us time and possibly give us some sort of income stream , there is only 2 options with supporters or no supporters if we want to keep our football clubs open.

I can see how it works in Bunesliga where TV companies will be offering deals to screen every match, but how does it work in the Scottish Championship (or League One) ? With no money coming through the turnstile, where does the revenue to put on the match come from ? 

6 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I can see how it works in Bunesliga where TV companies will be offering deals to screen every match, but how does it work in the Scottish Championship (or League One) ? With no money coming through the turnstile, where does the revenue to put on the match come from ? 

I would think there would be some tv companies involved and possibly live streaming eg Jagszone etc where you would pay something to stream the games , other than that I’ve no idea how football clubs stay open with very little income coming in .

6 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

I would think there would be some tv companies involved and possibly live streaming eg Jagszone etc where you would pay something to stream the games , other than that I’ve no idea how football clubs stay open with very little income coming in .

And how many would be willing to pay for live steaming of Annan v Elgin ? It would cost more to put on the game than it would make in revenue. Leave aside the social distancing issues, i just can't see how closed door games is viable for anything other than top flight clubs

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

And how many would be willing to pay for live steaming of Annan v Elgin ? It would cost more to put on the game than it would make in revenue. Leave aside the social distancing issues, i just can't see how closed door games is viable for anything other than top flight clubs

Certainly think you could do it at our level , Dundee , Ayr , Dunfermline etc all have highlights packages on their website, so games must be getting recorded, why couldn’t you live stream  them and say charge £5.00 a game 

Not sure how things are further down the Leagues but certainly in our division it could be done .

Edited by jlsarmy

36 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Certainly think you could do it at our level , Dundee , Ayr , Dunfermline etc all have highlights packages on their website, so games must be getting recorded, why couldn’t you live stream  them and say charge £5.00 a game 

Not sure how things are further down the Leagues but certainly in our division it could be done .

But there would need to be a way for all clubs to make money (or at least not make a loss) when staging a closed doors match. Would it be viable for QotS, Alloa or Arbroath to set up a streaming service ? How many would really pay to watch Thistle v Morton if there was an English or Scottish top flight game on at the same time (presumably those with season tickets would get the streaming of closed door games included). 

39 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

But there would need to be a way for all clubs to make money (or at least not make a loss) when staging a closed doors match. Would it be viable for QotS, Alloa or Arbroath to set up a streaming service ? How many would really pay to watch Thistle v Morton if there was an English or Scottish top flight game on at the same time (presumably those with season tickets would get the streaming of closed door games included). 

Not sure how it would all work but the same as all businesses just now , they’re going to have to think outside the box to generate revenue or there is going to be nothing to go back to .

4 hours ago, p12tfc said:

Agree with a lot of this but couldn’t disagree more re the manager. If I had to hand pick a manger to get a team out of league 1 from the current crop circling around the lowers leagues in Scottish football I would struggle to see a better option than McCall. 

I enjoy Andrew’s vlogs and wish more Jag fans would do them, so hats off to him for that. I also completely disagree with McCall comments as I believe he is the one to turn us around, it will just need a little patience. Those who say he should go because we have been relegated are bonkers. No guarantee we would have survived, but I thought we were starting to see the signs. Time to stick together and vent our frustrations on SPFL et al not our own. 

3 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

The Scottish Government have ruled out behind-closed-doors in the near future.

I see Livingston are in favour of a change to a 14 team SPL.  Think they are really pushing the boat out as they also want:

- the change to be permanent

- 2 SPL Clubs automatically relegated spots (13th & 14th) with 2 Championship Clubs automatically promoted. 

- SPL Club in 12th to play-off with Championship Club in 3rd for final SPL spot. 

There are other points affecting Leagues 1 & 2 and also about extending the pyramid system into the national leagues! 

Be surprised if this gains any support from SPL Clubs. I could be cynical and say Livingston are playing cute here and preparing the ground to vote against reconstruction without appearing to be the 'bad' club!

Ask for the impossible then take the huff when they don't get it and vote no! Accusing everyone else for not being progressive! 

2 hours ago, CrimeWriterJag said:

I enjoy Andrew’s vlogs and wish more Jag fans would do them, so hats off to him for that. I also completely disagree with McCall comments as I believe he is the one to turn us around, it will just need a little patience. Those who say he should go because we have been relegated are bonkers. No guarantee we would have survived, but I thought we were starting to see the signs. Time to stick together and vent our frustrations on SPFL et al not our own. 

Bonkers? Pray. Tell us why?

8 hours ago, javeajag said:

Denmark scheduling no fans football from May 17.....players training in groups of five 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/19/midtjylland-to-offer-fans-parking-tickets-for-big-screen-superliga-experience

That’s a total BS article, one club has proposed to UK press not the league or local Komondor. The league has no idea when or if it will start back up this season.

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

I see Livingston are in favour of a change to a 14 team SPL.  Think they are really pushing the boat out as they also want:

- the change to be permanent

- 2 SPL Clubs automatically relegated spots (13th & 14th) with 2 Championship Clubs automatically promoted. 

- SPL Club in 12th to play-off with Championship Club in 3rd for final SPL spot. 

There are other points affecting Leagues 1 & 2 and also about extending the pyramid system into the national leagues! 

Be surprised if this gains any support from SPL Clubs. I could be cynical and say Livingston are playing cute here and preparing the ground to vote against reconstruction without appearing to be the 'bad' club!

Ask for the impossible then take the huff when they don't get it and vote no! Accusing everyone else for not being progressive! 

They will maybe get the 14, but none of the rest. Everyone currently in the Prem will use this as an opportunity to pull up the drawbridge, not open it up.

5 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

It's a bit "in the knowish" from me but I wouldn't want Hartley anywhere near the Club. That aside, tho' I may not agree with everything the gentleman says, I would imagine he's not exactly expressing opinions too far from a lot of Jags fans. I'll just be happy if we have a club to support when we eventually come out of this whole crisis. 

From his time at Alloa, m’lady?

from. BBC 

Seems @UEFA want @ScotlandNT v @ISRAELFA to be played in October , #COVIDー19 permitting? This from interim FAI ceo Gary Owens , on Slovakia v Republic: “looks  like the Nations League matches will be in September and October with the (@EURO2020) semi-final play-off in October”

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End said:

Bonkers? Pray. Tell us why?

Because just as it’s unjustifiable to relegate a team 2 points behind with a game in hand, the same should apply to sacking a manager in that position. I would be astounded if Aston Villa suffer the same fate as us (in a similar position) should they be unable to finish the season. 

I appreciate results haven’t been as they should, but he’s had half a season to turn round the worst Jags team for a long time. Just my option as others are free to disagree, don’t want us wandering off topic.