What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

10 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Real possibility of no fans at games (if there are any) this calendar year 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52493649

I would not be surprised.I would not imagine Football will be near the top of the list of industries the Government will be pushing to get back to normal.And players in England not keen to play behind closed doors

41 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

According to James Cairney (back page of this morning's Herald Sports Supplement) Thistle are one of the clubs "on the edge of a financial abyss" along with the other clubs destined to be relegated or denied promotion.  He urges clubs to see the big picture and stop the bickering.  Good luck with that James. Will be interested to see if there is any response from the Board.

Is it just me, or does anybody else feel that Thistle have gone noticeably quiet about the whole sorry mess, since their "Counsel" statement of a week or two ago? They are almost never mentioned in any of the recent stories about who voted for what and who wants an EGM etc. Are we simply meekly accepting our fate regardless, or is there some other reason for the silence?

29 minutes ago, alexander livingstone said:

I would not be surprised.I would not imagine Football will be near the top of the list of industries the Government will be pushing to get back to normal.And players in England not keen to play behind closed doors

Actually I think that TOP level sport is one thing the government do want to give every one a morale boost. In football terms, that means English Premier League on the telly. Below that, I doubt they are bothered

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

According to James Cairney (back page of this morning's Herald Sports Supplement) Thistle are one of the clubs "on the edge of a financial abyss" along with the other clubs destined to be relegated or denied promotion.  He urges clubs to see the big picture and stop the bickering.  Good luck with that James. Will be interested to see if there is any response from the Board.

Think that is BS. It may not be what we want, but for now, we are owned by Three Black Cats, who are hardly likely to be "on the edge of a financial abyss"

16 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Think that is BS. It may not be what we want, but for now, we are owned by Three Black Cats, who are hardly likely to be "on the edge of a financial abyss"

Three black cats have no income or access to funds anymore,  sole income came from Colin Weir, that stream stoped when he passed.

latest financials

- Net Worth minus £180k

- Total current assets £4.5m

-Total current liabilities £7.6k

Just to add to that J-Low resigned her directorship of 3BC on 27th of April

Edited by Norgethistle

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I am starting to think that 13-10-10-11 would be the easiest option to get through for the start of next season (assuming that is not delayed too long). There is very little impact on any club.

• SPL get 2 extra home games against Dundee Utd
  • Marginally less prize money in the other leagues, but only by 1 ranking place
  • League 2 clubs get 2 extra home games and if Brora/Keilty were to accept no prize money (which has been suggested) then little financial difference.

It could be made for just a single season, with the default to go back to 12-10-10-10 if wider reconstruction discussions fail. I would still prefer 16 or 18 team leagues myself, but I do think this solution is workable and achievable.

I'm with you, with caveats.

There is no need to include both Kielty and Brora. There were never two places available to them. So a playoff and one in at best.

And I think the premier would have to split after two round of games. Otherwise you'd have them playing a 41-42 game season.  Maybe too much?

But in principle I absolutely think it is the best short term solution and I'm surprised not to have seen it mentioned anywhere.

11 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

And talk of 23 team EPL .... equivalent to our 13-10-10-9  (or 13-10-10-11) reconstruction 

In 1988 the English first (top) division had 21 teams during a reconstruction from 22 to 20 over two years (it went back up to 22 a couple of years later and then back to 20 in the mid-nineties (by then EPL).

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

Three black cats have no income or access to funds anymore,  sole income came from Colin Weir, that stream stoped when he passed.

Just to add to that J-Low resigned her directorship of 3BC on 27th of April

So presumably, there is now no reason why J-Low should be anywhere near our Interim Club Board?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Only if you are a shareholder and have enough other shareholders who agree with you.

As the shares are held by 3BC and she is no longer their representative on the board it seems strange she is still there.

3BC is now run by MBM board nominees, effectively a group of solicitors that also represented the Weir family, this may be due to the estate starting to get divided up to the benefactors of the will.

I would imagine all assets would have been frozen (as is norm in this situation), how that effects the shares in the club and ownership of the land/ground is anyone’s guess.

The delay handing both of these over to the fans in original timescale may bite us in the bum if these go to a beneficiary who doesn’t want to hand them over for free and either cashes in or fancies their hand as a football director or land developer

Just now, javeajag said:

The cultural differences and relationship between citizenry and government make that impossible here. I think that is broadly the approach the UK tried at first (though more muddled), but here so many people ignored it. As the article explains:

“What it has done differently is it has very much relied on its relationship with its citizenry and the ability and willingness of its citizens to implement self-distancing and self-regulate,” Ryan said. “In that sense, they have implemented public policy through that partnership with the population.”

14 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Do a quick google check between the lab in Wuhan that patented a COVID strain to act as a bridge for AIDS treatment, and who was on the board of directors up to just after China started getting this, none other than Gates.

Theory is he is pumping so much of his cash into this as he feels partly responsible for it, if (as rumored) it escaped from a lab that he was linked to.

And on that theory of it escaping from the lab, China was able to provide and share with the world the genome for COVID in January, which is unbelievable speed for a new disease or even a new strain.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuhan-lab-coronavirus-conspiracy-theories-targeted-by-hackers-2020-4?r=US&IR=T

https://euvsdisinfo.eu/report/bill-gates-foundation-manufacture-wuhan-coronavirus-outbreak-by-funding-both-the-creation-of-the-virus-and-the-vaccine/

A spokesman for Murray Beith Murray, solicitors to Three Black Cats have issued the following:

“In addressing a technical issue unrelated to the company’s holding in PTFC, Ms Low is shown on Companies House as having resigned and having then been reappointed as a Director of Three Black Cats. There was a time lag in recording her continuing appointment with Companies House but that has now been done. We regret any issues or difficulties this may have caused Ms Low.”

Bloody conspiracy theories...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Like Japan the Swedish constitution does not allow the enforcement of many lockdown measures. Their government can still advise some measures though.

6 hours ago, alexander livingstone said:

Some of them aren’t too keen to play at all eg Sergio Aguerro until it is safe for them.

• Haha 1