What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

2 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Also interesting the apparent toxicity between the support of the two teams. Just from reading a few of the posts what I see is complete and total hatred  ……. But one team without the other could not exist  …… It follows then, if the Govan ugly sister goes bust, how long before the Bridgeton ugly sister would follow? I wonder if this virus might in the long run [but for all the wrong reasons] produce a positive impact on Glasgow?

If only........

4 hours ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Also interesting the apparent toxicity between the support of the two teams. Just from reading a few of the posts what I see is complete and total hatred  ……. But one team without the other could not exist  …… It follows then, if the Govan ugly sister goes bust, how long before the Bridgeton ugly sister would follow? I wonder if this virus might in the long run [but for all the wrong reasons] produce a positive impact on Glasgow

The most positive short term impact on Glasgow could be that if Sevco go bust we would stay up.

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Or Falkirk get promoted from League One !

Cleaner not to relegate than to promote as it means Hearts stay in the top flight.

Interesting hypothetical question - now that we have a full pyramid structure in place if Sevco did go bust where which league would they go into? League 2 at tier 4 was the bottom of the pyramid in 2012. This time around the pyramid goes down to tier 7 which are the East and West of Scotland football leagues first divisions

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

Germany further relaxing its restrictions ....we will know shortly if Bundesliga will restart

Coronavirus: Germany reopens shops as lockdown is relaxed https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52557718

Merkel announced earlier that the bundesliga could resume in the second half of May on a date of their choosing. 

Meeting tomorrow supposedly where I would imagine a date for the first fixtures will be announced. 

2 hours ago, javeajag said:

No idea you’ll need to ask them !

Why did you post it, then ?

Maybe you should have a think before you post stuff that is obviously skewed. Now it maybe that other countries would still be less than England. But one immediate question is why show the 4 home nations separately. I thought we were in this together 

24 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Why did you post it, then ?

Maybe you should have a think before you post stuff that is obviously skewed. Now it maybe that other countries would still be less than England. But one immediate question is why show the 4 home nations separately. I thought we were in this together 

Ah ok..... that data is not skewed but if it is please show how....

we may be in this together but not not necessarily at the same level.....maybe you could explain why the U.K. govt provides a regional breakdown of England ? Which clearly shows London and the North West are issues....are they not in it together ? The U.K.s approach is by the four govts and I’m sure you know that Health is devolved to the four govts and therefore data is just not provided at the U.K. level.....I for one want to see Scottish data and Glasgow data as that relevant to me

The chart didn’t include Ireland either and that would not have help either but neither would : denmark, Austria, Finland, Poland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Greece in fact the is point that there are hardly any countries worse than the U.K. and within the U.K. the England bit is the biggest issue ( because it’s the biggest bit) 

You can’t pretend the UKs outcomes are anything but horrendous.....53000 dead according to the Financial Times analytical team ( U.K. results are currently only up to April 24 ) ....you can compare us to other countries and we compare badly.....if you have evidence to the contrary please show it 

I suspect this may be more a reflection of your constitutional views.

I have no idea what the figures are, but I am highly skeptical of that chart which shows England being so much worse than the rest of the UK. We all did the same things at the same time, so while there may be some regional variation, I would expect them to be broadly similar. (I am assuming that the numbers are a % over the average for time of year. If it isn't, then I'm not sure what comparison it is trying to make). 

3 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ah ok..... that data is not skewed but if it is please show how....

we may be in this together but not not necessarily at the same level.....maybe you could explain why the U.K. govt provides a regional breakdown of England ? Which clearly shows London and the North West are issues....are they not in it together ? The U.K.s approach is by the four govts and I’m sure you know that Health is devolved to the four govts and therefore data is just not provided at the U.K. level.....I for one want to see Scottish data and Glasgow data as that relevant to me

The chart didn’t include Ireland either and that would not have help either but neither would : denmark, Austria, Finland, Poland, Czech Republic, Portugal, Greece in fact the is point that there are hardly any countries worse than the U.K. and within the U.K. the England bit is the biggest issue ( because it’s the biggest bit) 

You can’t pretend the UKs outcomes are anything but horrendous.....53000 dead according to the Financial Times analytical team ( U.K. results are currently only up to April 24 ) ....you can compare us to other countries and we compare badly.....if you have evidence to the contrary please show it 

I suspect this may be more a reflection of your constitutional views.

There is no doubt the the U.K. numbers are horrendous but so are many others including Germany. At present I don’t see the point in comparing against other countries. You seem to be quite happy to post stats that aren’t verified for completeness. As far as constitutional views are concerned, you are way off the mark.

By the way, I think there is data available on the Scottish regions. I am surprised you haven’t come across it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

There is no doubt the the U.K. numbers are horrendous but so are many others including Germany. At present I don’t see the point in comparing against other countries. You seem to be quite happy to post stats that aren’t verified for completeness. As far as constitutional views are concerned, you are way off the mark.

By the way, I think there is data available on the Scottish regions. I am surprised you haven’t come across it.

I’m not sure that Germany’s figures could be called horrendous when compared to the UK ....7000 vs at least 30000

It’s funny because every day at the UK govt briefing they provide data comparing the U.K. to other countries ....

yes I’ve seen the Scottish health board data 

12 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I have no idea what the figures are, but I am highly skeptical of that chart which shows England being so much worse than the rest of the UK. We all did the same things at the same time, so while there may be some regional variation, I would expect them to be broadly similar. (I am assuming that the numbers are a % over the average for time of year. If it isn't, then I'm not sure what comparison it is trying to make). 

England is worse than the other countries it’s just a fact partly explained by London similar to New York in the US and a certain football in Liverpool .....if you want more data on it is available 

6 minutes ago, javeajag said:

England is worse than the other countries it’s just a fact partly explained by London similar to New York in the US and a certain football in Liverpool .....if you want more data on it is available 

I have checked and these are not percentages but raw numbers. So England has a far bigger population than the other uk nations, so is bound to have more deaths. This is a completely pointless comparison that proves absolutely bugger all.

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

Germany further relaxing its restrictions ....we will know shortly if Bundesliga will restart

Coronavirus: Germany reopens shops as lockdown is relaxed https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52557718

Oh great...

Wish I had the confidence the politicians have.

On the flip side, out for a walk this afternoon and passed a barbers - empty. Strolled in and job done.

6 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I have checked and these are not percentages but raw numbers. So England has a far bigger population than the other uk nations, so is bound to have more deaths. This is a completely pointless comparison that proves absolutely bugger all.

Ok .....it’s excess deaths not the number of deaths which the FT has England on +52% the same as Spain for example which is very high .....Scotland has been performing differently 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18379160.coronavirus-death-rate-covid-england-nearly-twice-high-scotland/

46 minutes ago, javeajag said:

I’m not sure that Germany’s figures could be called horrendous when compared to the UK ....7000 vs at least 30000

It’s funny because every day at the UK govt briefing they provide data comparing the U.K. to other countries ....

yes I’ve seen the Scottish health board data 

You don’t think 7,000 deaths is horrendous?