What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

2 minutes ago, javeajag said:

for virus nerds 

The U.K. govt which says it’s too early to judge if we have the worst death toll in Europe has just published a chart that shows the UK has one of the worst death tolls globally 

28160F20-89FB-412F-987E-A59BA2D76DB2.jpeg

What is the point of you continuing to post these charts ? Is it just to show how badly the U.K. is doing ? Do you have a purpose in this campaign? 

6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

What is the point of you continuing to post these charts ? Is it just to show how badly the U.K. is doing ? Do you have a purpose in this campaign? 

My post are prefaced ‘ for virus nerds ‘ so please ignore them and don’t read them

its not  a campaign just information as we go along and when there’s good news like football restarting in Germany I post that ....I’m sure we will have positive news on the U.K. soon 

people are interested in what’s happening and how we are doing and so am I 

10 hours ago, jaf said:

I am broadly in agreement  however I think the argument that Clyde Peterhead etc are no worse off because still in third tier is stretching it, because of the composition of that third tier and the travelling supports, hospitality sales, sponsorship, etc that will follow being in “the bottom division “ and  with that mix of clubs compared to the mix they might expect  

that said, I am not so pessimistic as you about the vote outcome  I think they have designed something here to save hearts and ourselves and then said to themselves how can we get the votes to get this through  when you look at each individual club in the bottom two divisions it ought to pass  when you look at the championship I think it ought to pass   That leaves the top division only and it’s unpredictable and probably relies on the or job Anne budge can do   That is what I am surprised she backed rangers resolution which isn’t the most diplomatic thing she has ever done  

Maybe I am stretching it a bit, we will see. 

I agree with you  re  Anne Budge and her support for Rangers. I was very surprised by this. An error of judgement or an emotional response. Either way it's unlikely to be well received by  the SPFL or encourage support for reconstruction. 

Regarding reconstruction I hope you and other optimists are right and my pessimism proves to be wrong! 

17 minutes ago, javeajag said:

My post are prefaced ‘ for virus nerds ‘ so please ignore them and don’t read them

its not  a campaign just information as we go along and when there’s good news like football restarting in Germany I post that ....I’m sure we will have positive news on the U.K. soon 

How many virus nerds are there on a Thistle forum ?

In terms of stats it is just to early to make a call on who did what right and even how the figures are collated in different places.

The big thing for me is do you feel comfortable going to a match? No for me.  Include public transport in that.  Or shopping centres etc.

This virus will have a number of peaks.  Football in 2020 is a non starter in this country.  I can't even imagine it happening in Germany. 

The curve may be flattened but this means its goes on for a longer time and the NHS can cope.  It's all about keep the lights on at the club. Keep safe everyone out there.

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, javeajag said:

Everyone however knows that stats are based on many variables.

Different countries are reporting deaths in different ways, some 'of', some 'with' for example

I am sure I read somewhere that Germany had massively under reported cases for example

I am sure there are motivations behind some of these charts other than 'keeping virus nerds up to date' and instead fitting a pre determined narrative

20 minutes ago, jaf said:

I am sure I read somewhere that Germany had massively under reported cases for example

A statement with no evidence 

and long discredited ....Andrew neill on Twitter pretty much did that on his own ....Germany counts its cases pretty much the way we do

but if your right why does the U.K. govt put up charts as they did today  showing the UK with worse numbers and performance  than Germany ?

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

A statement with no evidence 

and long discredited ....Andrew neill on Twitter pretty much did that on his own ....Germany counts its cases pretty much the way we do

but if your right why does the U.K. govt put up charts as they did today  showing the UK with worse numbers and performance  than Germany ?

That well known giant of science, ok, I will believe him rather than the German nations disease control agency!

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/germany-virus-deaths-may-be-more-than-official-tally/1824403#

To be honest, you, me, Andrew Neil and many of the chart makers don't really know much at all - there is plenty doubt about many of the statistics, and for every story one way you can invariably find an Andrew Neil twitter account the other way - that's the substance of my point

That is them starting to warn of second waves of the virus just as boris the ****** decides he will look to ease restrictions on Monday....couldnie make it up! I personally see no football for Scotland until 2021. Time to move to summer football!

7 hours ago, Pinhead said:

That is them starting to warn of second waves of the virus just as boris the ****** decides he will look to ease restrictions on Monday....couldnie make it up! I personally see no football for Scotland until 2021. Time to move to summer football!

It will interesting to see how he justifies the easing against the 5 pillars they present every day.

16 hours ago, laukat said:

Cleaner not to relegate than to promote as it means Hearts stay in the top flight.

Interesting hypothetical question - now that we have a full pyramid structure in place if Sevco did go bust where which league would they go into? League 2 at tier 4 was the bottom of the pyramid in 2012. This time around the pyramid goes down to tier 7 which are the East and West of Scotland football leagues first divisions

I would love to see Pollok v The filth at Newlandsfield ….. barring the fact the trashy fans would cause the usual damage to the ground and immediate surroundings.

10 hours ago, jaf said:

That well known giant of science, ok, I will believe him rather than the German nations disease control agency!

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/germany-virus-deaths-may-be-more-than-official-tally/1824403#

To be honest, you, me, Andrew Neil and many of the chart makers don't really know much at all - there is plenty doubt about many of the statistics, and for every story one way you can invariably find an Andrew Neil twitter account the other way - that's the substance of my point

Ok.....looking  at the stats experts  there’s not going to be significant changes that mean the U.K. isn’t one of the worst affected countries that just can’t be denied I’m afraid.

UK has 2nd highest total number of COVID-19 deaths (after US), 4th highest number of deaths per million population. Its excess mortality, best measure for global comparisons (over 42,000 by April 24), is worse than Italy, France, Germany, US and up there with Spain.

28 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Ok.....looking  at the stats experts  there’s not going to be significant changes that mean the U.K. isn’t one of the worst affected countries that just can’t be denied I’m afraid.

UK has 2nd highest total number of COVID-19 deaths (after US), 4th highest number of deaths per million population. Its excess mortality, best measure for global comparisons (over 42,000 by April 24), is worse than Italy, France, Germany, US and up there with Spain.

Over this past 6 or 8 weeks I have come to the conclusion the most informative newsprint relating to Covid-19 is to be found in Private Eye [satirical mag], and the most informative radio programme on Covid-19 / football matters has been 'Off the Ball' [Radio Scotland]   The mainstream news outlets whether they be newspapers, blogs / vlogs or TV & Radio programmes are simply spouting what their target audiences expect and what their advertisers expect to hear.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Over this past 6 or 8 weeks I have come to the conclusion the most informative newsprint relating to Covid-19 is to be found in Private Eye [satirical mag], and the most informative radio programme on Covid-19 / football matters has been 'Off the Ball' [Radio Scotland]   The mainstream news outlets whether they be newspapers, blogs / vlogs or TV & Radio programmes are simply spouting what their target audiences expect and what their advertisers expect to hear.

I haven’t