What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

54 minutes ago, javeajag said:

Good news 

And football is now restarting 16th June.

Social distancing they say works better than lockdown as in lockdown crowds gather at supermarkets etc, social distancing you have a greater spread of people and if catching it they believe it’s smaller dose as lower contact. Lockdown = Pressure cooler effect according to NHI

5 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Not in anyway condoning anything that the UK government has done, but I don't think it is a coincidence that the largest city in Europe (London) and U.S.A. (New York) have by far the worst statistical evidence of virus spread. London had gone a long way to skew the UK figures.

The NY Governor Andrew Cuomo put for ward an idea that having a major 'hub' airport had probably contributed in the import of thousands of people carrying the virus, I think he could be correct.

51 minutes ago, BowenBoys said:

Apologies for selective quoting.

Watched the Rabb briefing today. Lost count of the number of times he said that they will be doing x or y in the coming weeks. Also casting doubt on the efficacy of measures that have been taken by countries who have successfully dealt with this virus. It is deeply frustrating. The reaction of this Government to this virus is shocking.

When Johnson won the election he thought he would spend four years jingoistically dog whistling to Little Englanders while his smug cohorts dismantled the country and lined their pockets. Now that they have to actually protect the citizens, their actions have been woefully inadequate. Criminally so, I would suggest. 

Agree. 

Westminster (WM) completely underestimated, to the point of complacency, the implications of this virus. WM made it clear from outset it would be responsible for procurement of PPE and Testing Equipment and roll out to rest  of UK for distribution to where needed. 

During a televised interview at the start of March The Health Secretary (Hancock) was extremely evasive on what action the Govt had and was taking to procure the above equipment and when first orders had been placed. What emerged was scandalous:

1. The WM Govt had declined to join a Europeann procurement scheme

2. Did not place any orders for said equipment  in February. 

Summing up Journalist implied February was a wasted month and in comparison to other countries " the UK was the slowest boat in the convoy"!

Question: how many people, NHS Staff and patients, have suffered because the WM Govt was so slow off the mark? 

I won't be voting for this lot! 

4 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Agree. 

Westminster (WM) completely underestimated, to the point of complacency, the implications of this virus. WM made it clear from outset it would be responsible for procurement of PPE and Testing Equipment and roll out to rest  of UK for distribution to where needed. 

During a televised interview at the start of March The Health Secretary (Hancock) was extremely evasive on what action the Govt had and was taking to procure the above equipment and when first orders had been placed. What emerged was scandalous:

1. The WM Govt had declined to join a Europeann procurement scheme

2. Did not place any orders for said equipment  in February. 

Summing up Journalist implied February was a wasted month and in comparison to other countries " the UK was the slowest boat in the convoy"!

Question: how many people, NHS Staff and patients, have suffered because the WM Govt was so slow off the mark? 

I won't be voting for this lot! 

If only it was just you and me allowed to vote. Sadly BJ’s approval rating is rising as we go though this

12 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If only it was just you and me allowed to vote. Sadly BJ’s approval rating is rising as we go though this

Every leaders ratings have gone up as happens in a crisis....merkel  is at 79% !.....Johnson is in the middle and let’s see what happens from here 

Bernard Ponsonby on stv news tonight was openly critical, in fact aghast, at the behaviour of Johnson and the British government. Much more than I think you usually see from a TV journalist. Though I don't usually watch stv news so I don't really know if that's unusual.

13 minutes ago, allyo said:

Bernard Ponsonby on stv news tonight was openly critical, in fact aghast, at the behaviour of Johnson and the British government. Much more than I think you usually see from a TV journalist. Though I don't usually watch stv news so I don't really know if that's unusual.

Yes, he didn't hold back. He stood as a Lib Dem in a bi election in 1988.

The Rangers dossier is a surprisingly interesting read. Whilst it doesn’t live up to  Rangers’ bombast, and their motives  are dubious, it appears to me to be competently constructed, and shines further light into the shabby behaviour of the SPFL and clubs in this whole sorry mess. We should not forget that In the middle  of all this is the unnecessary  shafting of our club.                                                      Our own CE has a couple of mentions, and the corroborated evidence of John Nelms’ behaviour  needs explanation - was he acting on the encouragement of SPFL members or employees, or is he an unstable maverick. Maybe both.  Also the apparent SPFL board view, hidden from clubs, that reconstruction talks are expected to be doomed to fail,  is disturbing. I would expect our board to make a careful response to this dossier before Tuesday, and to clarify our position re the reconstruction talks - what is our position and are there still credible prospects of a resolution in our favour.

Edited by e4b
  • Like 1

If someone had told me 3 months ago we would have fans on a Thistle forum claiming to be experts in

1. epidemiology

2. statistics

3. global supply chains

4. demand & supply rules of economics

5. decisions by Holyrood (health, social care/care homes, lockdown, procurement etc....... it's made by Scot Govt)

6. side effects of lockdown (domestic and child abuse, mental health, other health factors - cancer, cxl operations etc, economic depression)

while demanding early border closure that would make Trump jealous and managing to associate a global pandemic than will be with us for rest of 2020 (maybe forever?!) with a referendum in 2014.

I would have been shocked.  As I had never heard the word epidemiology before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1