What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

9 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Domestic still on going. Never stopped just reduced due to less travellers

Thought so, I meant International flights were stopped by Norway. Which was a good thing.

2 hours ago, jaf said:

Well it’s now time for us all to focus on supporting our club, embracing the changes ahead and relishing every minute that we get to spend together as fans cheering on our team next season. 

I’ll drink to that...

26 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

5pts since January and not a single win. I think we should be looking far closer to home for someone to blame for the situation we find ourselves in. 

That’s the argument that just suits the SPFL. 
It doesn’t matter we only won 5 points in that period. In the previous season we had won hardly any points up to December, but then went on a 7 or 8 game run, which helped us escape. 
Relegating us with 1/4 of the season still to play is wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Col said:

To begin with, I wouldn’t have issued a weak statement saying we had accepted the outcome of the vote.
I would have joined up with the other clubs who were unhappy at the decision and explored any possible Joint legal action or appeals process. I would have kicked off in the media big time about the unfairness of it all. 

And would you have taken legal action whatever the cost ?

21 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Don't think any team will fold before the season was meant to start AJ - as they've all taken their pound of flesh in the closing season down blood money - however give it to Seotember/October and I think we'll start to see some non viable businesses start to blow bubbles out their arses as the banks put the thumb screws on them 

I don't think the season will start before October. Even at that i think it will be behind closed doors. Would it be feasible for lower leagues playing behind closed doors ? I don't think so. Even some teams in the Premier league in Scotland will struggle if no fans or vastly reduced crowds are allowed. Uncertain times ahead and relegating Hearts, Thistle and Stranraer doesn't help us or the other 2 teams.

32 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Regarding point 1 - how many times have we heard managers etc say during the season- it doesn’t matter where we are just now it’s where we are in May that counts. 

Well it's May now and we're bottom.

Football seasons are not over till all matches scheduled are completed .....who knows what might or might not have happened in the games ahead no one knows  that’s why you play actual matches ......just imagine if Celtic I’d rangers were where hearts are now ..... the who,e process is a total disgrace .....just look at Brechin ffs 

Personally  I would launch a fundraiser to support legal action 

I would also boycott away matches next season 

I would look at ways  to support the club 

I struggle to see games with fans being played this year in Scotland.  Will there be a full complement of teams left by the time we start again? I would be very surprised if there was. What are players who are out of contract soon going to do as well? Can’t see many teams signing players anytime soon so what do they do to make ends meet until we get going again???

2 minutes ago, Grubber8468 said:

I struggle to see games with fans being played this year in Scotland.  Will there be a full complement of teams left by the time we start again? I would be very surprised if there was. What are players who are out of contract soon going to do as well? Can’t see many teams signing players anytime soon so what do they do to make ends meet until we get going again???

The problem for Scotland is that match day income is crucial to club’s finances ....no fans very soon no clubs 

2 hours ago, laukat said:

Agree with @Airdrie Jag if we're going to league 1 then we need to end attendance at away fixtures.

The club should release a statement insisting that they get the rights to broadcast live all Thistle games to compensate for loss of income and the unfairness of the decision.

If that doesn't happen they should then be asking the supporters clubs to not run buses to away games and issuing a statement saying that we will be closing firhill to away supporters. 

We won’t and if we did we’d make a balls up of doing it like Jagszone 

17 minutes ago, Grubber8468 said:

The question is will we be one of the clubs that go to the wall ?

3 seasons ago we started the season with top 6 prize money plus visits from Rangers, Celtic, Hearts Hibs & Aberdeen to add to gate money. Plus UEFA cash due to Celtic.

We now have to budget for visits from Montrose etc. Prize money for being 22nd in Scotland and with no income for several months.

Yes fans have raised £33000 but that’s the equivalent of 1500 away supporters turning up for one game. Effectively a game against a Dundee team.

We have a large ground to maintain, a board with no financial backing, assets (ground) owned by a company (3BC’s) who’s sole benefactor and source of cash has now passed. Plus we have no banking facilities (business overdraft facility), so when cash flow runs out, it’s 2000 fans that is our only chance of quick cash, many of whom may be furloughed.

Folk hoping an administration or liquidation may keep us up may find that event is closer to home and kills us.

This isn’t meant to be negative but more a reality shot, relegation to 3rd tier so soon after a top 6 finish on its own would be potentially devastating, add in COVID and the problems grow exponentially 

3 hours ago, laukat said:

Agree with @Airdrie Jag if we're going to league 1 then we need to end attendance at away fixtures.

The club should release a statement insisting that they get the rights to broadcast live all Thistle games to compensate for loss of income and the unfairness of the decision.

If that doesn't happen they should then be asking the supporters clubs to not run buses to away games and issuing a statement saying that we will be closing firhill to away supporters. 

Every club in the SPFL(and probably beyond)  have the rights to broadcast(in audio or through a stream) all their games(whether home or away) as long as the stream is geo-blocked to outside the UK and Ireland. 

What Thistle probably lack is the demand(less than 100 subscribed when in Prem) and the expertise to do it - the statement two years ago indicated it was cos they took a feed off tv cameras.

Obviously disappointed but not at all surprised. League reconstruction was never likely to happen.  If I read the statement from the SPFL correctly (the response to the Rangers dossier) it seems any reconstruction has to be approved by the TV companies (principally Sky who would never forfeit their Old Firm derbies cash cow) for "the good of Scottish Football".  Now we learn 6 Premier League clubs have not found it possible to do the decent thing either, more than likely thinking about 4 home gates against the Old Firm.  The irony is that Sky have lost their Edinburgh derbies next season - if/when it starts.

With the situation at this moment in time, I doubt you will see any league games going ahead. Can you see games Kilmarnock v Aberdeen etc going ahead? With fans travelling the length breadth of the country?  It probably might not happen, but my view would to have small local leagues i.e in our case  Jags, Rangers, Queens, Celtic and maybe Clyde and Airdrie playing home and away at Hampden, Ibrox and Parkhead, with a maximum attendance of 5000 [plenty of room for social distancing] This could take us to December and then in the New year revert to normal leagues playing each other home and away once.

Whatever happens, the SPFL has to move quickly, many players will be out of contract in a months time, and clubs need to know in the very near future how we are going to move forward.

Agreed on both counts GRE :thumbsup2:

It's likely that, as stated by AJ above, if the new season is delayed then many clubs will go tits up - with potentially loads more if crowds are not permitted through to January. In that respect PTFC are just another business amongst countless thousands in the country that will also have to sink if swim & with a fanbase of 2000 we are in deep shite. 

3 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Regarding point 1 - how many times have we heard managers etc say during the season- it doesn’t matter where we are just now it’s where we are in May that counts. 

Normally this would br true  but I suspect managers might think twice about saying this in future!