What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

13 minutes ago, dpj said:

Wow. Not holding back there! 

We knew the anger about the way the vote was handled, failure of reconstruction etc, what strikes me is the criticism of of the SPFL itself and the way they communicate in public. That seems to have broken the camel's (sorry JLow) back.

Think I know which way we will be voting next week. All of the SPFL's own making.

31 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I would be interested to know what the problem is as well, with examples for purposes of illustration! 

Mainly appointing Caldwell ..... and then abandoning her commitment to speak to the supporters when results failed to improve... 

She can bleat about the injustice of clubs voting for self interest (we would do the same) but her appointment of Caldwell- a guy who never had us away from the bottom of the league during his 12 months tenure  despite two transfer windows and a lot of money given to him - is a big reason why we’re going down 

• Like 1

I think that’s a good response, within it justifying the steps the club took at each stage of the process. Scottish football really is an utter shambles. A dinosaur of outdated policies, religious discrimination and corruption, composed of individuals on the whole who are at best described as morally questionable.

2 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Statement can be summed up in one word - handbags. 

I also don't feel that there was any reason to publish a supposedly private letter. 

I agree with your point about the letter. To specifically ask the SPFL not to publish it, then to do so ourselves, looks clumsy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

I also don't feel that there was any reason to publish a supposedly private letter. 

Listen to what they are saying about the letter on Sportsound. Tom English describes it as "jaw dropping".

14 minutes ago, sandy said:

I agree with your point about the letter. To specifically ask the SPFL not to publish it, then to do so ourselves, looks clumsy.

That was my first thought. But it's our letter. The author always has the right.

I think releasing this half an hour before sportsound is quite smart from a publicity perspective 

Edited by allyo

36 minutes ago, Colognejag said:

Wow. Not holding back there! 

We knew the anger about the way the vote was handled, failure of reconstruction etc, what strikes me is the criticism of of the SPFL itself and the way they communicate in public. That seems to have broken the camel's (sorry JLow) back.

Think I know which way we will be voting next week. All of the SPFL's own making.

Excellent statement. Hard hitting as it comes. Well said. Will it make a difference. Probably not.

29 minutes ago, sandy said:

I'm impressed with how you put "clumsy" and "SPFL" in the same sentence without actually connecting the two.  If you think that the enemy is within then that's old news and actually helps only the SPFL. This is a group who need seriously looked at and to provide them with a smokescreen is unbelievable (except that it happens here too often), this shooting ourselves in the foot while others are busy stabbing us in the back. It may be time for some people to pick a side. And in this case the sides are PTFC v SPFL cabal Ltd. 

Edited by MMCF
Structure & Clarity
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

Mainly appointing Caldwell ..... and then abandoning her commitment to speak to the supporters when results failed to improve... 

She can bleat about the injustice of clubs voting for self interest (we would do the same) but her appointment of Caldwell- a guy who never had us away from the bottom of the league during his 12 months tenure  despite two transfer windows and a lot of money given to him - is a big reason why we’re going down 

If thats it seems a bit disproportionate..get the bit about not engaging enough with fans. But Caldwell seemed a reasonable appointment at the time ( though not a fan of him) and they did back him with funds. It did turn out to be the wrong appointment but that can happen and the fact that Colin Weir showed faith in her must at least must indicate that she has the best interest of the club at heart. Think the dislike of JLow on this forum seems a bit over the top. From a Thistle fan of 30 years

• Like 2

To those who are critical of us now putting the letter in the public domain, check the date of the letter. It was not made public at that time. However in view of what has happened in the last week then it is perfectly reasonable to let us, Jags lovers, know what is going on!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, gianlucatoni said:

Think it was made public now , because the SPFL are conducting their business in said domain .

It also shows what a shambles our governing body are , no due care of its member clubs .

There just appears to be a futility in our situation and I think we’re right to out the SPFL for its inadequacies.

Just now, ARu-Strathbungo said:

Or pay appropriate compensation to the 3 clubs unfairly relegated

How much is enough ? Relegation on it's own would be a gigantic blow. Relegation and all the effects that the COVID 19 is having could kill clubs off.

26 minutes ago, MMCF said:

I'm impressed with how you put "clumsy" and "SPFL" in the same sentence without actually connecting the two.  If you think that the enemy is within then that's old news and actually helps only the SPFL. This is a group who need seriously looked at and to provide them with a smokescreen is unbelievable (except that it happens here too often), this shooting ourselves in the foot while others are busy stabbing us in the back. It may be time for some people to pick a side. And in this case the sides are PTFC v SPFL cabal Ltd. 

I agree with you about the SPFL, it urgently needs reform. But I also thought that publishing the private letter was not the best approach. Clumsy PR perhaps. 

7 minutes ago, sandy said:

I agree with you about the SPFL, it urgently needs reform. But I also thought that publishing the private letter was not the best approach. Clumsy PR perhaps. 

In this instance, I dont see what other Avenue the club could have taken. We have been totally screwed over and the club are now highlighting what has been going on. 

48 minutes ago, sandy said:

This may be about survival. Looking clumsy or doing the ugly to reveal the awful things that some people - SPFL management group - are doing is necessary. People in our organisation are going to suffer, many of them monetarily. But hey, let's give the SPFL plenty of room to wriggle out of what they have created? As I said perhaps it's time to pick a side because the SPFL have  drawn the line in the sand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jlsarmy said:

Think it was made public now , because the SPFL are conducting their business in said domain .

It also shows what a shambles our governing body are , no due care of its member clubs .

There just appears to be a futility in our situation and I think we’re right to out the SPFL for its inadequacies.

I just feel that the statement is us screaming into a void that simply does not give one hoot about us - it's a done deal now & the club has already laid down to them so the statement and letter are a complete waste of energy irrespective of how well worded it is 

Edited by gianlucatoni

Having just listened to Sportsound it appears that the SFA have been undermined by the SPFL over the handling of the Club 42 (Brechin) play off. Both the Highland & Lowland Leagues come under the direct auspices of the SFA and both leagues have been devalued due to the SPFL's refusal to provide an opportunity for one of their clubs to move up the ladder. Also hardly reading between the lines but it looks obvious that the SPFL tried to bully the Lowland League into accepting Brechin, should they lose a play off into their league. The SPFL were evidently using current League Cup &  Challenge Cup invitations as leverage. The fact that the Brechin chairman sits on the SPFL Board obviously compounds the situation.

The question that should be getting asked should be directed to the SFA. And that's, why aren't you standing up for the Highland & Lowland Leagues?   

* edited to add, the alleged SPFL bullying precedes the Covid threat and the suspension of League 2

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

4 minutes ago, Big Col said:

No it doesn’t - disastrous appointment. 

Chairmen appoint the wrong managers all the time and it doesn't get this response- stand by my point its disproportainate. Always thought there must be more to it and i'd missed something but if thats what it is then thats all i need to know

• Like 1