What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

4 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Neil Doncaster on sportsound for 1/2hour. The only guest  i have heard on this show over the past 7 weeks who has been questioned by only 1 person and this is second week this has happened with him.

Hi Robert, I trust that all is well. I have no idea how these things work, but maybe part of the stipulation by Doncaster and/or his team, is that he will have only one questioner (and perhaps pre-known questions). They know how badly he would flounder if he had to face up to spontaneous interrogation from others.

1 hour ago, scotty said:

If Anne Budge's motives were reform of the SPFL and reconstruction in the interests of Scottish football I would hope we would stand behind her and encourage other clubs to do likewise.  But, I'm not so sure!

I think we now have no option but to stand behind her. The publication of the private letter to McLennan and the content of the Club's Statement, which I think can only be interpreted as a direct criticism of McLennan and his Board, suggests we have chosen sides. 

I think we need, to qoute Nelms (Dundee), "a big hitter " to join our dissident group. Like it or not that would be Rangers! 

3 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

What did he say? 

A lot, but nothing new. To summarize  we are wasting time talking about investigating the SPFL board when we should be planning for the future of Scottish football. He was the first guest on, so the first 1/2 hour or so of the show. If you manage to listen to it keep listening after him to hear Tom English in particular disagree with a number of his comments.

So the clubs below were the ones against reconstruction, I am surprised at St.Mirren and Dundee Utd well they have a bloody cheek!

Aberdeen, St Mirren, Ross County, St Johnstone, Hibs and Dundee United put the kibosh on any Scottish football revolution with the the ongoing battle with COVID-19 looming large.

18 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Hi Robert, I trust that all is well. I have no idea how these things work, but maybe part of the stipulation by Doncaster and/or his team, is that he will have only one questioner (and perhaps pre-known questions). They know how badly he would flounder if he had to face up to spontaneous interrogation from others.

Yes thanks ptd we are well. Doncaster was also on last Saturday and they said before the interview he requested to be interviewed by only 1 person. Not mentioned this time though.

2 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

So the clubs below were the ones against reconstruction, I am surprised at St.Mirren and Dundee Utd well they have a bloody cheek!

Aberdeen, St Mirren, Ross County, St Johnstone, Hibs and Dundee United put the kibosh on any Scottish football revolution with the the ongoing battle with COVID-19 looming large.

Looking forward to one or two of them getting relegated before too long.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

I think our club and others will run with "lights on".  Keep as much staff as possible and prep for a return.  Honour the player contracts and unfortunately not renew those who expire.  Fans will need to contribute to keep it solvent.

There are things the club can do if they have the cash.  Stadium improvements, plans for greater fan interaction and promotion etc.

I don't know how much it would take to keep the club ticking over for a year without football, but 14 players' wages alone would be at least 500k, plus ground staff, plus Chief Exec, Manager etc and we wouldn't see much change out of £1 million.   Add in business rates, staff on costs, stadium maintenance etc. etc and I'm guessing you have to be looking in the region of £2million. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, AirdrieJag said:

I don't know how much it would take to keep the club ticking over for a year without football, but 14 players' wages alone would be at least 500k, plus ground staff, plus Chief Exec, Manager etc and we wouldn't see much change out of £1 million.   Add in business rates, staff on costs, stadium maintenance etc. etc and I'm guessing you have to be looking in the region of £2million. 

Sack the manager and it would save a bit

15 minutes ago, allyo said:

Wow. ICT statement sounds like the most significant so far.

While I admit that I was quick to ridicule Rangers, there seems to now be some momentum to back up their claims.

They certainly haven't missed and hit  the wall! 

The cracks are beginning to show in the SPFL edifice, but whether it'll make any difference isn't certain. 

1 hour ago, allyo said:

Wow. ICT statement sounds like the most significant so far.

While I admit that I was quick to ridicule Rangers, there seems to now be some momentum to back up their claims.

Is Scott Gardiner not all over the Rangers dossier though, so is it really any surprise? I still think he wants Doncasters job and a few are being used as pawns in Gardiners game

I have found the ICT statement and read it, and I would recommend everyone to do likewise.

From a club with something to lose, a promotion play-off, it is a remarkably comprehensive expression of their disgust at the way the SPFL have created and handled this whole mess.

Hats off to them for their excellent contribution.

Let's hope other clubs stick their heads above the parapet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dl1971 said:

We would still need a new manager and have to pay off the old one. Do the sums.

Why do we need a manager when there is no prospect of football in the immediate future ?

We would immediately save on the National Insurance and other add-ons to the basic salary

We could negotiate a compensation package that would be less than the total wages owed

I would suggest that you do the sums.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, McCall Out said:

Why do we need a manager when there is no prospect of football in the immediate future ?

We would immediately save on the National Insurance and other add-ons to the basic salary

We could negotiate a compensation package that would be less than the total wages owed

I would suggest that you do the sums.

I dont see other teams doing what you suggest. Are you the wetherspoons owner by any chance?

4 hours ago, AirdrieJag said:

Even if there was football, this is going to be a tough gig with turnover down to approximately 1.2 million, the reason why the Raith Rovers chairman was so keen for the Leagues to be finalised was more likely to be because they were 1.5 million in debt .

Apparently Doncaster says that it will be the clubs that suffer if legal action is taken against the SPFL. Does that make the SPFL untouchable..?! Seems pretty threatening language. Reckon this is close to reaching a tipping point

Edited by Jag36

24 minutes ago, Jag36 said:

Apparently Doncaster says that it will be the clubs that suffer if legal action is taken against the SPFL. Does that make the SPFL untouchable..?! Seems pretty threatening language. Reckon this is close to reaching a tipping point

Have Rangers not offered to pay for it? I know it then doesn’t make it look like an independent review but Dongcaster won’t say how much the initial (very narrow remit) Deloittes review cost, yet he knows an independent review will cost the clubs. So  he could basically get away with anything and then just threaten the clubs it’ll come out of their coffers if they want him investigated. He’s untouchable! I’d take relegation to league 2 just now if it meant this numpty was outed in public and shown to be a corrupt snake! Can’t wait for SSB tomorrow!

20 hours ago, topcat said:

I think it has to be more than Legal Action. It has to be an all out effort to get rid of Doncaster and the SPFL crowd and run with something totally new. That is the bold direction that should be taken. Call it a breakaway if you wish but there can be no better time for this to happen.  

Absolutely , this reform from within nonsense just does not work when there are dishonest people involved with self interest and cronyism rife.

Would  be delighted if we were at the forefront of something new and innovative , ideally that does not include the Ugly sisters.