What if they shut down the season?

West Ender

1 minute ago, Norgethistle said:

Bureaucracy. Oil fund can’t be touched for that. Takes months to release cash from it. It has though lost 30% of its value since oil crisis and COVID

I thought it's main aim was the welfare of the population?

But to football matters ..... Has the Norwegian Football authorities decided on whether it can open up?

25 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

You obviously forget that schools in Scotland stop at the end of June for the holidays. Childcare, I believe, is one of the areas allowed to open from next week. 
How have Germany and Norway managed their easing - presumably with track and trace ?

If track and trace gets up and running here, we could see a rapid relaxing of measures

Track and trace is being launched next week with the first 600 recruited from the nhs  

4 hours ago, javeajag said:

Track and trace is being launched next week with the first 600 recruited from the nhs  

A bit delayed i'm afraid as wife working on it. They are reassigning 200 current staff who are self isolating at home.  Politically end of May is the govt mantra but will be early June.  Then the long term staff come in.  However it doesn't fill me with huge hope.  If you have symptons you call a helpline.  They ask who you have been in contact with.  Then they call them.  Not exactly rapid technology and loads of holes in it.  I'm hoping the NHS smartphone app trialled on Isle of White is better.  I just can't see that being the answer.  I still can't see football in 2020 or even something like gigs.  I guess as controls lessen (and people were doing more ignoring govt advice) we'll see what happens.  Confidence returns and life gets back to normal in some way or other.

Edited by Lambies Lost Doo
More info

43 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

image.jpg

This could be the happiest sight of the last 3 months - thank you for giving us all hope; not much hope of that here anytime soon sadly, given the way the fear has been built up.

• Like 2

This is exactly why fan ownership is a bad thing!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-fired-warning-over-administration-22071802

Wright believes that clubs who are owned by fans rather than having a benefactor could be in even bigger trouble than others. He warned that unless there's a stand-alone figure willing to take a hit, supporters won't be able to cover the losses.